Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Black Donnellys

Well, I'm about ten minutes into this show and I'm getting bored. After movies like "The Departed" and "The Boondock Saints", it's got kind of a been-there, done-that kind of feel to it. The fact that they over-played ads for it didn't help. To be honest, I'm kind of glad I'm not liking it. I watch enough TV already.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

It doesn't interest me at all. It's on in place of Studio 60, which I think is a pretty good show. At least without that on tonight, I got a bit of a break from TV.

I would watch it, living in the area where it went down (basically) it would be kinda fun to see the "time machine" version. I have read quite a bit about the family (heck some of them live nearby, I have met descendants at least) but from what I understand, much of it is HIGHLY fictionalized to the point of absurdity- I would hope this series is trying to correct some of that, but it would be less exciting...
    Anyways, too bad it sounds kinda stinky Isobaws&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Tanya Donnelly was pretty hot. Whatever happened to her?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The show lost me from the first advert they ran.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Tanya Donnelly was pretty hot. Whatever happened to her?
    Looks as if Tanya Donelly released an album in October called This Hungry Life.

I just got around to watching the first episode yesterday. I thought it was okay. It was kinda slow at times. However, I really enjoyed the ending. I thought it was pretty sweet. I'll give this show a chance.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I agree with UK, decent show, great ending. Given the fact that I grew up near there the show does hold some interest to me. I will watch a few episodes. Even the writes up I saw on it said the show was slow but be prepared for a shocking ending. I will watch week 2.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

So what did you all think of last night's episode? I actually thought it was pretty good. I loved the whole disposing of that one guys body; the sledgehammer. Good stuff.

That chick is wicked hot too. I really like her.

And what about Zed? He's serious. Rolling around town with an axe.

Pretty good and crazy show. I'll definitely keep checking it out.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I thought it was pretty good. Keeps getting interesting as it rolls on. I will continue to watch as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten