Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 30th Anv. Collecting Tin Commemorates Pegwarming Figures

This just in from Hasbro's press-releases:

Seeing how it is the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars and just past the 10th Anniversary of the modern Power of the Force "2" collection, Hasbro has decided to release figures you just couldn't wait for the stores to get rid of back in 1996.

In this next Commemorative Tin, we have:

Malakali the Rancor Keeper. A fan favorite sweaty bald guy action figure, Malakali comes with a force pike and a $1.98 Clearance Markdown Sticker.

ASP-7 Droid fresh from George Lucas' special edition of A New Hope where he tried to improve a classic movie by adding new CGI characters to the picture that really did little to advance the story, but contributed rather a lot to set back action figure collecting.

Luke Skywalker Dagobah includes his lightsaber and 6 points of articulation like we saw in most figures from the '90's, and he comes with Clearance Sticker and an inability to stand up.

21-B is the real hero of the Classic Star Wars Trilogy and this droid shows it by coming with a medical device that looks like a lethal weapon and a crushed blister that makes him appear like it's been over 3 years since he's still been overstocked.

Han Solo in his Hoth Gear is the perfect addition to round out this set. He wears his hood down and cold weather gear cap in such a manner that he never appeared in the movie. Han comes with his blaster and an open hand that cannot hold it. A clearance sticker is also included.

Look for these exciting products in "The Pegwarming Collection," available for years wherever you buy Star Wars figures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pegwarming collection.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	15164  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

darnit! where's bossk? where's yak face?

where's POTF2 legends?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    darnit! where's bossk? where's yak face?

where's POTF2 legends?
    I heard Bossk and YakFace will be contenders to be packaged with Mon Mothma, Chewie Snoova, and Prince Xizor.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Is this for real? Hasbro already said they aren't going to put out deluxe packs again for a while, and they put out this lame stuff? I'd much rather see some beasts, accessories, or clone 3-packs! These will warm the pegs along with "Legends"

They should've included Saelt Marae and the Neimoidian Warrior.

Also, will there be a regional variation in the Southeast that includes a special $0.50 clearance sticker for Malakili.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You almost had me Tycho. As usual with your posts I just browsed it and saw an attachment. I was wonderin' why such pice of carp figures were being redone.

If not for the ASP's Special Edition sticker I may have completely fallen for it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

LOL - can you read the label on the tin in my picture?

It's very fine print but it says "Episode 7: The Major Pegwarming Collection."

and in red it says that "With Exclusive Clearance Sale Stickers!"

It took me an hour to Photoshop this one - really small sizes.

Har, har, you got me. Didn't look close enough at the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They should've included Saelt Marae and the Neimoidian Warrior.

Also, will there be a regional variation in the Southeast that includes a special $0.50 clearance sticker for Malakili.
    saelt marae??? even after all these years, he's still yak face to me
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

No, Yak Face is absolutely impossible to get, as they made only twelve and shipped them all to England.

Saelt Marae pegwarmed like crazy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.