Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've discovered proof that the earth is flat!

The Flat Earth Society has dedicated itself to dispelling the myth that the earth is spherical in nature.

I can't tell you how many times I've walked outside and looked across the horizon and I never saw the curve of the earth.

I've taken boats and planes a lot of places and never reached the edge, but that doesn't mean it's not there and that I wouldn't have fallen off of it if I kept going.

Maybe you have to be "born different" to see that the earth is flat and the majority of people have some kind of problem with their eyes? Convex lenses? I'm not sure.

But join me for Flat Earth Pride and let's have a parade and tell people we are no longer shamed to hide the truth: the earth is flat!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Maybe you have to be "born different" to see that the earth is flat and the majority of people have some kind of problem with their eyes? Convex lenses? I'm not sure.
    It's those damned meteor rocks I tell ya!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    But join me for Flat Earth Pride and let's have a parade and tell people we are no longer shamed to hide the truth: the earth is flat!
    I'll do no such thing! I was born a Round Earther and I'll die a Round Earther. It will take more than some crackpot web sites with crackpot theory that have such gaping holes in them you could drive a small moon through to my believes.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

would the small moon being driven be Flat, by chance ?

But there's all these people that claim to believe in different things that they say the KNOW to be true, but they can't come up with a shred of evidence for - or they cite some pseudo science proof - and ask for laymen's observations in order to tell themselves what is true. "Go outside and look around at everything," they say.

Well when I went outside just a little while ago, I looked around, and the earth was flat. My own senses tell me this to be true!

Yup. I must have been born this way: a Flat-Earther. See, I don't think people can just one day decide that they're going to claim the earth is flat. They must be possessed of the conviction in their hearts. Now I want to share my life with another that believes the earth is flat. But people are already lining up to disprove my convictions even when I didn't ask them to. I honestly think we need to organize a parade to celebrate our freedom from the shackles of tradition and ignorance and celebrate the Flat-Earth. We need to teach kids in school that some people have re-theorized the earth is flat, and account the historical figures who believed so - like Christopher Columbus originally did. I propose we have Flat-Earth History Month. Yes, that's it!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Reading some stuff on that site actually made me start staring blankly...it was so dumb. oh so dumb. my mind will shut down if i ever see that again.

Gotta love how they use gravity to explain one of their theories and then completely abandon the concept of gravity to make another.

Do you suppose to be a flat-earther you have to be flat-chested?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Do you suppose to be a flat-earther you have to be flat-chested?
    Of course not! That would be no fun for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiots
    Once again, picture in your mind a round world. Now imagine that there are two people on this world, one at each pole. For the person at the top of the world, (the North Pole), gravity is pulling him down, towards the South Pole. But for the person at the South Pole, shouldn't gravity pull him down as well? What keeps our person at the South Pole from falling completely off the face of the "globe"?

that's awesome.

EDIT: reading through some of that stuff, it's obviously a gag... akin to the "real ultimate power" sites and such.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post

that's awesome.

EDIT: reading through some of that stuff, it's obviously a gag... akin to the "real ultimate power" sites and such.
    Once I saw their survey:
    http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djubl...rthsociety.htm
    I knew that it was clearly a satire.

Probably aimed at Creationists.