Sideshow Boromir from Lord of the Rings

I got this figure a couple of days ago and like the other 2 LOTR figures...he is awesome. So far as to leave Sideshow's Star Wars 12" in shame. Do they have different companies making these figures? Why are the LOTR figures so much better (quality-wise) than the Star Wars ones? It doesn't make sense to me.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I think they're the same company, maybe a different factory in the orient, but maybe just different budgets, or the greater SW demands mean faster pacing leading to less quality.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would be OK with Sideshow slowing down on the Star Wars figures if it meant quality as good as the LOTR ones.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I originally had ordered this one, but then canceled it. From the 2 i have, i dont see a huge difference in the quality between these and star wars.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I received mine the other day. I don't know. The elven cloak is kinda freyed around his neck, and the blue vinyl overcoat is kinda cheeze-ball (was it really blue? I have to check FOTR again) I have these first three LOTR characters, but passed on Faramir. Show me something that really blows me away or I won't be buying any more till maybe Gandalf.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I originally had ordered this one, but then canceled it. From the 2 i have, i dont see a huge difference in the quality between these and star wars.
    GREAT GOOGALLY MOOGALLY! I DO! Of all of the figures I have bought from Sideshow (EVERY Star Wars and LOTR) nearly every one of my Star Wars figures (not Jabba, the Salacious Pack, nor the Sith Eye Probe Droids, but every other one) had issues such as bent lightsaber hilts or blades, hinged joints being glued frozen, belts falling apart, a lightsaber actually snapping right in half (Maul's), belts that are too large and do not stay on...the list could go one if i wanted to re-hash every detail.

And I have yet to see a quality issue on a Sideshow LOTR offering unless you count the belt that was tied backwards on Aragorn...but that was not a broken item...just set up in the display package wrong.

Here they are. All together!

Edit - Aragorn has some short arrows. I wonder if he has a complex about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02949a.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	15201  

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel View Post
    GREAT GOOGALLY MOOGALLY! I DO! Of all of the figures I have bought from Sideshow (EVERY Star Wars and LOTR) nearly every one of my Star Wars figures (not Jabba, the Salacious Pack, nor the Sith Eye Probe Droids, but every other one) had issues such as bent lightsaber hilts or blades, hinged joints being glued frozen, belts falling apart, a lightsaber actually snapping right in half (Maul's), belts that are too large and do not stay on...the list could go one if i wanted to re-hash every detail.

And I have yet to see a quality issue on a Sideshow LOTR offering unless you count the belt that was tied backwards on Aragorn...but that was not a broken item...just set up in the display package wrong.

I think you have just had a string of bad luck. I hae not had those problems.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."