Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sideshow's Celebration 4 Exclusives

I was reading the latest newsletter and it stated that there will be 3 Sideshow exclusives for C4. A 1:6 scale figure, a distributed figure, and a diorama. Now, I wondered to myself: "What in the hell is a distributed figure?", and so I called up Sideshow and asked. It turns out that a distibuted figure is like one of the Hot Toys Alien or Predator figures or the Medicom RAH stuff. So my guess is a Medicom RAH (kinda seems like a no-brainer now that I know what a distributed figure is). I am hoping for the 2nd version of Boba Fett.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Yeah, I knew that's what they meant by that.

My "hopeful" suspicions are that the distributed figure is Vader and the 12" is Chewie, but the likelihood of either is pretty low.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, I knew that's what they meant by that.

My "hopeful" suspicions are that the distributed figure is Vader and the 12" is Chewie, but the likelihood of either is pretty low.
    JT - Did you ever see the custom 12" Chewbacca that some guy did and had displayed at one of the vendors at about the center of the show at F-n-S? It was on like aisle 700, about 2/3 of the way back from the front on the right side. It was displayed there in a glass case for the longest time...like 2 years. And it had a 500.00 price tag on it. I thought it was a ridiculous price until recently. If I could find it now, I might buy it. It was basically perfect as far as the likeness went. The customizer had added real-looking hair to an existing Hasbro Figure (if I remember correctly). I wish I had a pic of it so I could show Sideshow what their's should look like.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I remember someone flocked a 12" Ally McBacca figure, but not one with real hair. $500 seems steep even for a nice custom, it's never gonna be tall enough using a conventional body or even Hasbro's plastic 1:6th Chewie figures. Still, I'd be very interested in seeing pics of the attempt.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Now they have been! Yavin Luke Skywalker for the Sideshow 12"! Sandtrooper from Medicom! And the Space Slug for an Environment! What awesome news this is!

Mods, could you change the title of this thread to indicate that the figures have been unveiled now? Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel View Post
    Mods, could you change the title of this thread to indicate that the figures have been unveiled now? Thanks for the help!
    Ok, will do.

Nice choices, I look forward to seeing the space slug. Yavin Luke is an interesting choice, I wonder if that means we'll be seeing ANH Luke around then as well, since it's the same head.

BTW, I saw it in the SSG news, congrats on the win DC!

I want the Luke, will pass on the others.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ok, will do.

Nice choices, I look forward to seeing the space slug. Yavin Luke is an interesting choice, I wonder if that means we'll be seeing ANH Luke around then as well, since it's the same head.

BTW, I saw it in the SSG news, congrats on the win DC!
    Thanks! It is cool to win those things. I have also made Sideshow Radio with a comment I made about their GYSGT Ermey figure! Sideshow knows how to butter up their customers! I noticed the news post wasn't exactly as I submitted it...maybe it was a little too self-flattering! (Actually I did that on purpose to give the mods a laugh...I expected it to be changed)

I'm happy with the exclusives! I'll be getting the Luke and almost certainly the Space Slug diorama. Cant wait to see the pictures and SS's ANH Luke sculpt.

Finally, the 1st real Space Slug collectible!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett