Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How I long for the old days!

Hasbro can't leave well enough alone. First we got in 95, the he-man figs of SW. Now the painful poses of AOTC. I have enjoyed the line for the past few years and would sorely like to see this style remain. Alas, Hasbro knows hows to mfess up a good thing.

I recently went into a collectables toy store here in the 'BURGH and bought the classic Tessek. He is easily just as good if not better than the new scuplt.

The jawas are still awesome (with CLOTH CAPE!!!!!!)

Sadly weeps while listening to the Beatles tune "Yesterday"

Well, I guess I'll have to grow up now and stop collecting. Maybe now I can afford that trip to Italy like I've aways wanted.

I will truly miss the POTJ line. It renewed a fire in my heart for a childhood dream. One to which I owe much of my success in my adult life.

Does anyone else feel the same?
    Are you ready to give up collecting or do you still hold out hope that Hasbro will turn around and make things right?
    Move along, move along

I agree, some of the vintage stuff is just so much better than today. Jawa, royal guard, etc. I liked the POTJ line. I hope HAbro wakes up and after the initial assortment for Episode II they will get back to it. I have hope. I guess.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Smile

Feel free to come on over to the Vintage section here at SSG! We wax nostalgia all the time, lamenting the demise of Star Wars toys from "the way they were."

And we make lists a lot, too!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yeah, those were the days. A lot of vintage figures are equal if not better then their POTF2 or POTJ counterparts. Plus they were cheaper and you got more for your money way back when. Wake up Hasbro and make a little effort please!
    Thanks To Hango Fett/Jedi Tricks for the Avatar!

Originally posted by General Veers
    Yeah, those were the days. A lot of vintage figures are equal if not better then their POTF2 or POTJ counterparts. Plus they were cheaper and you got more for your money way back when. Wake up Hasbro and make a little effort please!
    I dunno, I think most of the new stuff is superior to the vintage counterparts. There have only been a few vintage I consider better, just due to badly posed legs or the absense of playability. If you really consider how many years it's been since the original vintage toys, price wise they would be about equal thanks to inflation. A 2-3 dollar figure back then, would probably be around 7.00 now adays.

And only rarely did you get more for your money in the vintage line. Infact POTF2/E1/and POTJ gave us more for our money. Two different Jawas, Ugunauts, Ewoks, or Pit droids to a pack. Or a Jawa and a Gonk Droid, Aunt Beru with the Treadwell droid, and Yoda w/ Luke's backpack. And then with E1, Yoda came with his council chair, the small podracer figures came with pit droids. And now with the AOTC's figures, we are getting large accessories.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

?
    Last edited by Turbowars; 02-06-2002 at 01:02 AM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Come on guys don't be so afraid of change like I am, change is a good thing I think at least that's what my parents always told me I think I'll give it a chance, at least until I see AOTC in person.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I hear ya Sal! But I can relate to what Turbowars is saying. Change is good. But the older figures are so much more cool!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Sal, you have me all in tears now (sniff, sniff).
    I can remember the good old days when my dad would pick me up from school and have a new figure for me.
    He would say "close your eyes and hold out your hands", and there would be a beautiful, new Star Wars figure. Oh how I long for those days.
    However, toys have changed. The AOTC line isnt the best we have seen, but I do not think they are terrible. Of course the vintage line will always be what we think of when we remember the way toys used to be, but things do change.
    Either way, I love these toys.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

JarJar- I take back that I said most vintage are better then the newer ones. Only a handful are actually. And inflation has brought up the prices in the action figures, so i guess I was wrong
    Thanks To Hango Fett/Jedi Tricks for the Avatar!