Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

First look at the Watchmen movie...

From Ain't It Cool News:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31814

It's an image of Rorshach that was hidden in the 300 trailer. Personally, I'm excited to see it. Watchmen is one of my favorite comic books of all time. I'm pretty sure it's still in the preproduction stage, though.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    From Ain't It Cool News:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31814

It's an image of Rorshach that was hidden in the 300 trailer. Personally, I'm excited to see it. Watchmen is one of my favorite comic books of all time. I'm pretty sure it's still in the preproduction stage, though.
    I really have no idea how they can make this movie without completely butchering the original storyline. If they do it right, though, it'll be a great movie.

BTW, obviously the images have been taken down, they're no longer available in that link.

The image is still right there, here's the direct link to the frame: http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007...hach_badge.jpg
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never even heard of The Watchmen until this thread...

You should correct that.

Kris Kristofferson read it, and he loved it. True story.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have too many childish vices as it is, no time for graphic novels.

So there's been a lot more news on this lately, including a cast.

[FONT=Arial]Watchmen Cast Confirmed!
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Source: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]The Hollywood Reporter[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]July 26, 2007[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Warner Bros. Pictures has confirmed the cast for Watchmen, the big screen adaptation of the seminal DC Comics limited series.

Patrick Wilson, Jackie Earle Haley, Matthew Goode, Billy Crudup, Jeffrey Dean Morgan ("Grey's Anatomy") and Malin Akerman will star in the Warner Bros. movie, which Zack Snyder is directing. Larry Gordon, Lloyd Levin and Deborah Snyder are producing.

Set in an alternate America, Watchmen follows costumed hero Rorschach, who is living a vigilante lifestyle because most masked heroes have retired or been outlawed. While investigating a murder, Rorschach learns that a former masked-hero colleague has been killed, prompting him to begin investigating a possible conspiracy.

Haley will play Walter Kovacs, aka Rorschach, who ignores the ban on costumed vigilantes.

Crudup will play Dr. Manhattan, a superpowered being with godlike powers and temperament.

Akerman will play Laurie Juspeczyk/the Silk Spectre, who is involved with Dr. Manhattan -- but that relationship begins to fall apart as he becomes more disconnected from humanity.

Goode will play Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias, a costumed adventurer who retired voluntarily, disclosed his identity and built a large fortune. He hatches a plot to avert a global catastrophe he believes will be caused by Dr. Manhattan.

Wilson will play the Nite-Owl, a crime-figher who uses technical wizardry and has an owl-shaped flying vehicle.

Morgan will play the Comedian, a cigar-chomping, gun-toting vigilante-turned-paramilitary agent.

Watchmen was created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

Shooting is set to start in the fall in Vancouver, with Snyder employing many of the filming techniques he used for his boxoffice success 300.
    [/FONT]
    That's a damn good cast. After "300", I trust Zack Snyder to do the Watchmen justice.

while i enjoy 300, Watchmen and 300 have nothing in common. i'm keeping optimistic about the movie though. i'm pleased to see an unknown cast filling the roles, the fact that it's more along the lines of a Seven movie(the look of it), with little to no CG, being set in 1985, based around the cold war, and following very closely to the source material. there are rumours of the ending being changed, rather than what happened in the book(Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias ending).

the dialouge has to be serious, nothing like 300, which is what worries me. also Rorshach has to be perfect. i read an interview with Zack describing how they might handle his voice when Rorshach talks. i always pictured a very confident yet serious tone, but we will see. The Black Freighter is planned to be an extra for the dvd, since it will probably cause confusion to non-readers of the book, when in fact it clearly states all of whats going on within the main story. but i'm all right with that.

this movie needs to be as long as ROTK, or else everything will seem rushed. but i will keep faith until i see more being develped with the movie. but this could be a big step in a new direction for comicbook/graphic novel movies. with this, TDK, and Iron Man, i can see comic movies getting a more serious tone to them, which i welcome with open arms. no more of this kid stuff.

"Stood in street, watched it burn."
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by darko666 View Post
    while i enjoy 300, Watchmen and 300 have nothing in common.
    By that I meant Snyder stays faithful to the source material.

Wow.

I am speechless.

Let the naysayers complain, this movie looks like it is going to be THE SHIZNIT.

I don't think I have ever seen any comic hero whose costume was translated as perfectly to the screen as Rorschach and the Comedian.
    Tommy, close your eyes.