Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What Star Wars stars do you think it would be cool to meet?

This is not about collecting autographs, this is about chilling with the actors and talking Star Wars with them.

I have met Mark Hammil, but would love to speak with him again.

Harrison Ford would be so cool to chat with.

Ian McDiarmid is top notch!

Samuel L. Jackson would be cool to meet.

Ewan McGreggor is only slightly older than most of us and might share the fandom perspective a little from his own experience.

Yes, Natalie is beautiful, but this is not a "who would you date?" thread. She might not be able to tell Geonosians and Kaminoans apart, much less care.

I don't know what Hayden would be like. It seems he's put Star Wars behind him.

David Prowse is very cool, btw.

Anthony Daniels is amazing and very kind to the fans.

Carrie Fisher? Well I'm not too sure about her. I've met her but she seemed confused.

Except for Prowse, (and maybe Daniels) who are not on the same tier as these other stars, meeting them was not the same thing as chatting with them. They don't have the time at their convention experiences (if they even bother going to them).

Oh - and add John Williams to the list of those I admire and would like to meet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Peter Cushing, mainly because he's dead. Though I suppose that's less "cool," and a bit more "interesting."

I'd have to go with Harry Ford. He's got alot more stories to tell than the others about "the biz". I'm also a fan of the Indiana Jones movies so I'd talk about them too.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I met Ray Park and he was super awesome! I'd definitely like to hang with him for a while!

I think Peter Mayhew would be a trip to chill with. I just kinda see him as being a complete goofball, and I can relate . . he he he.

I'd like to chat it up with Warwick Davis as well. I think that he's got quite a few tales to tell considering all the films he's been in.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I would like to meet Ewan McGregor. To see if he is decended from the famous Scottsman Rob Roy McGregor? Wonder if he ever discussed this with Liam Neeson (Qui-Gon-Jinn) who played Rob Roy (interesting coincedence) I wouldn't want to bother him too much, but my mother's side (Australians) were McGregors decended from Rob Roy McGregor of the Mcgregor Clan........Wouldn't mind meeting Natalie Portman. She has an interesting background history. Her paternal grandparents were killed by the Nazis in the Holocaust. She is very smart. Has political views that I agree with, and has starred in many great Indy films. Ever since I saw her as a little child in the "Professional" I thought she was destined to be a great actress. She has more depth of character than just playing Padme.

None of them. I realize that mine is an opinion that is not shared by many. But I do not see the need to give so much credit to the actors. I simply do not see Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu. Nor do I see Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala, nor Carrie Fisher as Liea...etc, etc...

I only see them as the stand-in for the characters. Sorta like an actor's body double. They have a use, but do not really warrant all the celebration for their services. They got paid, they are dismissed now. Thanks for playing.

I think this aspect of the discussion warrants a thread all it's own.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Blue2th, you make a great case for meeting Natalie Portman that I didn't consider.

Dar'Argol - I totally forgot about Ray Park! I've met him on several occasions and he is super cool. I did martial arts for a number of years and I'd love to have a training session / sparring workout with him (with MR lightsabers of course!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel View Post

I think this aspect of the discussion warrants a thread all it's own.
    Start it up and link to it. I'll play. I kind of get what you were saying DC.

Some of these actors have gone beyond Star Wars. Some that's all they have. Though I like Samuel Jackson as Mace Windu. I remember him best as the bible quoting, gun toting "Jewels" in Pulp Fiction. Either way he's a bad MF! Come to think of it, he's always a bad MF in every role he plays. I wouldn't mind meeting him, or hangin' out with him. I wonder what his real favorite color is?