Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Why army-build Airborne and Galactic Marines?

OK, this is not a criticism. For those of you wanting to do something different, I'd love to hear about it (or see pictures).

But I am only buying:

2 Airbornes
    4 Galactic Marines

- no matter what I get access to.

Why?

For Utopau, the Airborne were not seen that much. There is the one close-up of an Airborne helping a fallen Clone, and I think I should display one on my single Republic Gunship I'm going to use in that scene. The Separatists will only have the 3 types of infantry droids and a Crab droid. I don't want to over-build my Clone forces which will also feature Obi-Wan on Boga, off to the side, wrestling for the taser staff with General Grievous on his wheelbike, not to mention a couple Utopau Warriors adding to the Republic side of the build-up. I need to keep the scene simple.

For Mygeeto, it's unimportant to show more of the battle versus the Separatists. Every planet had another battle versus the same kind of droids, basically (on Mygeeto they were similar to the ones used on Coruscant in the Clone Wars cartoon - but so? I might by Yoda on Kybuck to face off with those if need be (and Mace's purple starfighter if it gets out of hand).

So for Mygeeto, I just need to focus on Ki-Adi Mundi being betrayed by more men than he has ability to blast deflect. So with 4 Galactic Marines plus Bacara, I have 5 troopers versus Ki. What more do I need?

OK, I'm not necessarily "right" in how I want to display my men - but this was my thinking. What are you guys going to do with armies of these guys? Or just 1 to open, 1 to keep carded, etc?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i'm only army building airbornes and marines by default...i'm actually going for as many of their coins as i can possibly get
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

I'm army-building the s*it out of both. Why? Because they are f'n cool!

Ever since I started army building Troops I've always gotten 10 of each. I guess it's a OCD type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    OK, this is not a criticism. For those of you wanting to do something different, I'd love to hear about it (or see pictures).

But I am only buying:

2 Airbornes
    4 Galactic Marines
    I agree with you!

I only got one of each, but would like to find one more Marine. I only recall seeing one Airborne Trooper as well.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm "only" going to get 8 Galactic Marines and already have 2 and have 3 more coming from a pre-order, so that means 3 more from retail. I don't really consider myself to be "army building" these so much as troop building. To me army building means getting li ke 20 of each clone or something like that.

As for the Airborne Troopers, I'm going for 4 and already have 2.

I pretty much am collecting clones now based on what I saw on the screen. If I only saw a handful, that's what I'm getting. The 501st, the Shockies and the Utapau regular clones are the only ones I have close to 20 of.
    Galactic Barn Burner

I'll have to freeze the frame one of these days, but perhaps we saw few Airbornes because they suffered 90% casualties in their seige of Utopau. They could have been the clones dropping on ropes from the Gunships when General Grievous was to Obi-Wan, "Army or not!"

As their name implies, the Airborne probably went in first, as Airborne "Rangers" do, to make a "beach-head" for the rest of the Troops (the general Utopau Clones) - all were under Cody's command, but with few survivors, you saw less Airborne. They fell into support positions once the rest of the Clones could land.

Remember Destroyer Droids, Super Battle Droids, etc. are supposed to be mechanically accurate - so if they don't miss and the white armor doesn't reflect all the blasts - it's got to be a hard life for a Clone Trooper. And hey - though they look like 20 year olds because they age fast due to genetic engineering, these "kids" are just 10 year olds (or 13 by ROTS) - so you have to give them credit and not hate them too much for executing Order 66. Their minds were probably not that developed to think really independently and training just kicks in.

They were his clones, but they were not Jango Fett.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'd like to get about 3 of the Airboirne and maybe 6 of the Marine. My troop building is basically at max 5 to 6 of each clone some are even less.

As far as Stormtroopers go, I have about 50 or so because eventually I would like to create a Death Star Corridor from the scene where Han chases a few of them and rounds the corner and see hundreds waiting for him.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I heard Sal's not army building this one. He only needs 75 of each.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Does Sal have any pictures of his dioramas posted? I sent him enough Utopau Clones. I'd like to see what he created with them.