Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What Titaniums are left to do?

Yes, we've done this before, but why not again now that we've had a few made off that last list? And which of these would you buy?

• Tantive IV Escape Pod
    • Lars Family Landspeeder (could reuse Action Fleet version)
    • T-16 Skyhopper
    • Imperial Landing Craft
    • Millennium Falcon with retractable landing gear
    • X-wing with movable wings
    • Imperial Probe Droid with space-shell
    • Wampa & Luke on Tauntaun (if they're gonna do the Dewback...)
    • ESB AT-ST
    • Cloud City
    • Bespin Cloud Car
    • Medical Frigate
    • Outrider
    • Virago
    • Tatooine Desert Skiff
    • Mon Calamari Cruiser (Home One)
    • Death Star II
    • * Trade Federation Battleship
    • * Gian Speeder
    • * Sebulba's Podracer
    • Flash Speeder
    • STAP
    • Battle Droid Carrier
    • ** MTT
    • ** Gungan Sub
    • ** Anakin's Podracer
    • ** Trade Federation Landing Craft
    • Chancellor's Shuttle
    • Coruscant Taxi
    • Republic Cruiser 2 (I dunno the name of it, the bell-shaped shuttle the dignitaries land in at the end of Ep 1)
    • Trade Federation Shuttle
    • Naboo Royal Cruiser (flying wing)
    • Coruscant Airbus
    • Anakin's Airspeeder
    • Zam's Airspeeder
    • Naboo Royal Yacht
    • Geonosian Fighter
    • Dooku's Solar Sailer
    • Dooku on Speederbike
    • Fire Patrol vehicle (not sure of its name)
    • Grievous' Wheelbike
    * - Mold exists and was already used in Galoob line
    ** - Mold exists in some form and was canceled late in the prototype stage

BSG:
    • Classic Galactica
    • Classic Cylon Basestar
    • Modern Cylon Basestar
    • Modern Cylon Heavy Raider
    • various fleet ships
    • repainted Modern Mk 2 Viper (weathered, interior details)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Some others I can think of:
    1. ESB Rebel Transport
    2. Ion Cannon
    3. Anakin on Swoop
    4. Green A-Wing
    5. TIE Defender
    6. E-Wing
    7. V-Wing
    Whoops!
    Last edited by JediTricks; 03-12-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Fixed list code

All good, but I'm surprised I forgot the Rebel Hoth Transport, that's a good one.

Echo base with Ion cannon, I like it! It's way outside the box, but if they can do the Death Star... I loved the Kenner Micro World version! They could also do an Endor Bunker!

BTW, which V-wing do you mean? I mean, obviously not the upcoming Ep 3 one, but there are a couple different versions and drawings of the EU one I think.

Oh, that reminds me, there's a starfighter from the Clone Wars cartoon that we need, the...
    V-19 Torrent Starfighter:
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/sta...ent/index.html

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

An ion cannon would rock!

how about Jabba's palace
    Lars Homestead
    and taking a page out of Lego's book the Imperial Landing Craft
    Republic Assault Gunboat (seen on Utapau)
    Homing Spider Droid
    Stass Allie on speeder
    Neyo on BARC
    Republic Carrier

One thing I realized, the Alpha series had die-cast scaled versions of the concept vehicles didn't they? So...they could be easy to make into Titaniums.

Asajj Ventress' ship
    Jousting Dooku on speeder
    Jousting Clonie-Wan on speeder
    IG droid on swoop
    Clone walking turret SPHA-T
    Wookiee catamaran
    Droid Gunship

EU:
    Concept Snowspeeder (the version that was released as a vehicle for POTF2, it's too awesome to ignore)
    Moldy Crow
    V-Wing (Rogue Squadron 64)
    TIE Defender
    Imperial Assault Boat (TIE Fighter)
    Imperial Missile Boat (TIE Fighter)
    Naboo Bomber (Battle for Naboo)
    IG-2000
    TIE Crawler
    AT-PT

That Republic Assault Gunboat would make a great Titanium, I had never heard of it before-
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/veh...oat/index.html
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

BTW, which V-wing do you mean? I mean, obviously not the upcoming Ep 3 one, but there are a couple different versions and drawings of the EU one I think.
    Yup, that Nintendo 64 Rogue Squadron V-Wing I do believe. My favorite fighter in that game, if I could get enough points to fly it.

Ill take one of all of those listed above!

Seriously Hasbo should really hire some fans to create ideas, not university boffins that have no idea what a real toy is!
    PM me if you have any Micro Machines / Action Fleet Prototypes/First Shots for sale :)

You know what, though, Darktrooper7?

The last time we did a thread like this (which was after ToyFair 2006 but well before the SDCC last year) Hasbro made a LOT of the ships we mentioned (from the Endor AT-AT to the AOTC JSF with Hyperspace Ring, to name a couple!).

By and large I'm still VERY happy with what Hasbro is producing!

Point being, careful what you wish for here- Hasbro MIGHT give it to us!

I'd like to see a lot of the ones you all have listed but if I had a choice:

1. V-Wing
    2. E-Wing
    3. TIE Defender
    4. Outrider
    5. Virago
    6. Mon Cal Cruiser (LONG time coming)
    7. Medical Frigate
    8. Hoth Rebel Transport (this would have to be a short run though, I can easily see these being peg-warmers with like Sandcrawler-like potential!)

...a 5-pack of Pod Racers (Anakin's, Sebulba's, then maybe 3 other ones to round out the set That would be fun!)

Um...what else?

9. Emperor's Shuttle from ROTS
    10. Imperial Landing Craft (from A New Hope)
    11. DEFINITELY a Death Star II!

About it

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    how about Jabba's palace
    Lars Homestead
    My first reaction was negative, but when I thought about it, these are pretty iconic locations and mainly metal. I don't think the Lars homestead will work conceptually at 3" though, it's spread way out and if the domes were built to scale around the hole, they'd be tiny.

We haven't gotten a great look at Jabba's palace but I think that one is centralized enough to maybe work.

Republic Assault Gunboat (seen on Utapau)
    Um, which one is that? I looked it up, it doesn't look even remotely familiar, if they put it in the line I doubt I would have know it was from a movie at all.
    Homing Spider Droid
    Dang, how did I forget that? The Dwarf Spider Droid as well, not that I really care much about either but I know they have fans. Oh, and the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid is a must, love that thing! I guess a Wookiee Catamaran is also in the cards.
    Stass Allie on speeder
    Oh please no! It'd just be a 5th use of that same under-scale speederbike which wasn't that good to begin with.
    Neyo on BARC
    Yeah, that'd be cool, I would hope they'd make it bigger than the current speederbike, I don't care for it.
    Republic Carrier
    Another one I'm not familiar with, I looked it up, basically the refugee transport that took the kids to Naboo in Ep 2 but in diplomatic red/white colors. I don't really care for this, but in Ep 2 colors I might get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    One thing I realized, the Alpha series had die-cast scaled versions of the concept vehicles didn't they? So...they could be easy to make into Titaniums.
    They weren't die-casts, they were plastic, but they were that scale. They've done all the Ep 1 Series Alpha little guys as die-casts already anyway (Royal Starship, Naboo Fighter, Droid Fighter, and Sith Infiltrator), though the OT Series Alpha little ones might be cool - X-wing, AT-AT, Imp Shuttle, Snowspeeder, B-wing, Cloud Car, and Y-wing.

Jousting Clonie-Wan on speeder
    IG droid on swoop
    Oh, I like these 2!!!

Droid Gunship
    I suppose, but if I hadn't seen it in SW:Battlefront II, I wouldn't have noticed its existence at all.

Concept Snowspeeder (the version that was released as a vehicle for POTF2, it's too awesome to ignore)
    Would it be messed up of me to say I think that thing sucks, along with the Carrotmobile Cloud Car (with Celeryman pilot)?

Moldy Crow
    HOLY CRAP!!! How did I miss that?? Genius! Must have this!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Yup, that Nintendo 64 Rogue Squadron V-Wing I do believe. My favorite fighter in that game, if I could get enough points to fly it.
    You just have to beat the level that it's in to unlock it, the last regular level in the game. And it only works in ground-based levels though since it's not a real fighter but a ground-hovering speeder. I wouldn't mind having this version as a Titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Outrider
    The only reason that's not at the dead-top of my list is because I thought they confirmed they were doing it. I hope that wasn't just an empty rumor, I really want an OUTRIDER!!!

...a 5-pack of Pod Racers (Anakin's, Sebulba's, then maybe 3 other ones to round out the set That would be fun!)
    That's not a bad idea, they've already done 5-packs, and podracers I suspect might sell better when you can play with a bunch at once. They have those first 2 molds, just need to do 3 more. I would suggest Gasgano's because it's recognizable, Neva Kee's because it's unusual, and Ben Quadinaros' because it's both of those and has 4 engines. My other possible choices are Boles Roor's & Teemto Pagalies' podracers, I'm not WAY into these things but those all look cool and have unique design elements.

Emperor's Shuttle from ROTS
    Yeah, that's not a bad choice, they could even recycle the mold they made for the plastic line in that transforming playset in '05.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Jousting Dooku on speeder
    I just realized that should be Jousting Durge on speeder. Granted Dooku on his hoverround wouldn't be terrible but Durge and Clonie-Wan would be better.

Another one I'm not familiar with, I looked it up, basically the refugee transport that took the kids to Naboo in Ep 2 but in diplomatic red/white colors. I don't really care for this, but in Ep 2 colors I might get it.
    Hmm...wasn't that the ship the clones arrived on to meet Anakin on Yavin IV in Clone Wars?

Theres also a carrier walker- http://www.starwars.com/databank/veh...tot/index.html

They weren't die-casts, they were plastic, but they were that scale. They've done all the Ep 1 Series Alpha little guys as die-casts already anyway (Royal Starship, Naboo Fighter, Droid Fighter, and Sith Infiltrator), though the OT Series Alpha little ones might be cool - X-wing, AT-AT, Imp Shuttle, Snowspeeder, B-wing, Cloud Car, and Y-wing.
    Yeah didn't think they were die-cast just wanted to make sure they were scaled the same. I forgot the TPM Alphas were done in the opposite way with the concept vehicles being the Action Fleet scale. Bummer, though that reminds me we still need a TPM Droid Fighter Titanium.

The OT Alpha Concepts that would probably work best are the Imperial shuttle (because it's close to the ROTS shuttle look), the X-wing and the Y-wing which are kinda well known in those styles due to the McQuarrie Yavin IV paintings. The B-wing could because it looks like some bizarre WWII experiment, the AT-AT might since it's based off of such an iconic vehicle but I don't know about the Snowspeeder and Cloud car. Those would probably be easily prone to sitting...

I suppose, but if I hadn't seen it in SW:Battlefront II, I wouldn't have noticed its existence at all.
    Yeah, you can only see it briefly in ROTS in a faraway shot of the beach invasion, but the Battlefront (it's in the first game too) version isn't anything to judge it by since it was horribly underdetailed. It's actually REALLY cool looking.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/veh...hip/index.html

Would it be messed up of me to say I think that thing sucks, along with the Carrotmobile Cloud Car (with Celeryman pilot)?
    Nah, I understand not everyone is gonna like it, just thought it would be a good mention because it could at least be fun and have a good chance of moving. I wasn't impressed with the cloud car or the loungerbike that were made so I'd definitely rather not ever see those made.

HOLY CRAP!!! How did I miss that?? Genius! Must have this!
    I know, it should be at the top of everyone's lists. I'd like to see the Raven's Claw too from Outcast but nowhere near as much as I want the Crow.

And then after it's finally made I want a video game 5-pack with a silver Moldy Crow.

The only reason that's not at the dead-top of my list is because I thought they confirmed they were doing it. I hope that wasn't just an empty rumor, I really want an OUTRIDER!!!
    It was confirmed at Comic Con '06:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ghts_99407.asp

Titanium Series will also continue with a large number of new vehicles, and even some from the Expanded Universe like the OUTRIDER.
    Also in the thread I found that link in there was some other quasi-confirmed info.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...26A#post517556

JediDefender Q&A:
    2. Let's talk Titanium. The 3" line has grown into a fan-favorite as many fans have been sucked in by the appeal of these little beauties. As we head into 2007, can we expect to see more ships from X-Wing and TIE Fighter video game series? So many ships from which to choose - the TIE Defender, TIE Avenger, Z-95, and Stormtrooper Transport are a great place to start!

** We have a looong list of new and re-paint vehicles planned for 2007 (and beyond if the line continues to do well). Our plans are to dip into the expanded universe realm and video games for more inspiration for our vehicle selections. It may take a bit, so look for two out of the four vehicles on your list to make it to shelves near the middle of 2008.
    As well as the new X-wing mold that's due in 2008. So I'm guessing the Outrider will be among those two other EU vehicles in '08.

That's not a bad idea, they've already done 5-packs, and podracers I suspect might sell better when you can play with a bunch at once. They have those first 2 molds, just need to do 3 more. I would suggest Gasgano's because it's recognizable, Neva Kee's because it's unusual, and Ben Quadinaros' because it's both of those and has 4 engines. My other possible choices are Boles Roor's & Teemto Pagalies' podracers, I'm not WAY into these things but those all look cool and have unique design elements.
    Ya know instead of a 5-pack maybe a larger multipack in the Galactic Heroes diorama-style set would be even better? It could be something worth integrating into the question already in the Q&A list for the diorama packs.

Though I wouldn't mind a 5-pack at all if it meant the possibility of getting the Royal Starship as the bonus silver ship... Maybe a second pack too with a silver Infiltrator.

Anyhoo, more ideas:

Republic gunship carrying mini AT-TE
    Republic Transport (AOTC style that was made as an Action Fleet)
    Jango's ship "Jaster's Legacy" from Bounty Hunter
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaster%27s_Legacy
    Rancor
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"