Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Princess Leia from A New Hope is the next Sideshow 12" figure!

Her priority pre-order is at the end of March!

And the prototype has a great likeness!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindthe...rce=031507news
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Yeah, that preview photo looks spot-on, I am very excited about this one even though it's likely gonna be another wallet-buster like Assaj (simple figure that's $60? Overpriced!). I'm not so sure about the sideways gaze, it works with the scene they have set up but not much else. And like every female figure, they could stand to dial back the makeup from the prototype. Still, the likeness appears to be a real winner and I'm quite excited to be getting ANH Leia this year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Awesome figure, can't wait for it.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

This may be the first one I'll get. Wasn't really excited over the other figures in the line but I'm a big Leia fan.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I am surprised this is a priority pre-order and not inclusive pre-order.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I might get this in spite of already owning the 1:4 scale Leia. It looks like the definitely double dipped for the likeness, but that's okay, since 1:4 Leia is amazing
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I am surprised this is a priority pre-order and not inclusive pre-order.
    I agree that she should have been Inclusive. This IS one of the iconic likenesses of a character from the movies and that alone will make this figure a hot commodity.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I agree about the "inclusive" thing...I mean, c'mon! It's Leia! From ANH!

I'm very impressed by the prototype shot and the sideways glance of the eyes would actually be alright with me....adds a little variety and doesn't appear so "vacant-stare" looking (like the jedi Luke).

JT...as for "dialing back" the "make-up" a bit....I think part of the intensity of the look is the intense close-up shot of a 1:6 figure's face and besides, have these things EVER exactly matched the protos we see for months in advance? (Now that hasn't been a BAD thing for the most part)

I think she'll look great....

I agree w/ JT on this one. Its gonna be a wallet buster -too expensive for a basic style figure. It better come with accessories galore.

I passed on Boussh Leia because I was holding out for this one.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett