Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Why is it too much to ask to just call it The Sopranos Season 7 ?

They did 12 (very good) episodes last year that I enjoyed, calling it The Sopranos Season 6...and released them on DVD as The Sopranos Season 6 part 1.

We all knew that when the show returns in 2007 (next month, yay!) that it is not a complete season so that's why it is part 2. Well, a few years back when it looked like the show might not come back, they got it going again and then when they announced the Final Season, they later announced that Chase was going to do a few more episodes on top of it. I don't recall how many exactly, but I think it was around 6 or so? Then for awhile last year it was going to be 8 more episodes and now that the teasers are airing on HBO, they are saying that there are NINE more to come. Awesome !

But how does that constitute "Part 2" of a season that already has 12 episodes?

Why not just call it season 7 and have it be 3/4 of a regular season? When the DVDs come out, put all the episodes on 3 discs and then drop in a 4th disc of good bonus material with retrospectives on all the seasons with interviews and media coverage and stuff like that. Do some vignettes with David Chase taking us through the different storylines for the characters, stuff like that.

Then you're looking at a lineup of 7 identically sized box sets on your shelf of a pretty damn good show, all labelled numerically without this part 1 and part 2 nonsense.

Come on !

Anyway, I hope it's a good "season" and that it ends nicely. I have no idea what is going to happen and I like to avoid spoilers for this show, so it should be an enjoyable last hurrah to go through.

On a side note, I kind of dislike how HBO trimmed the season lengths on their dramas from 13 to 12 episodes...but I do like how one can now tape an entire season on 2 VHS tapes and not have to go into a third.

The show sucks anyways, who cares.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I do, for one, or I wouldn't have posted the question.

I'd prefer if they called the show "The Coloratura Sopranos"... (a soprano with a light agile voice specializing in coloratura)
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I'd prefer if they called the show "The Coloratura Sopranos"... (a soprano with a light agile voice specializing in coloratura)
    Jaime Lynn-Sigler, who plays Tony's daughter Meadow, thought that the show was about opera singers when she auditioned. I think she released a pop album few years ago.

The actor that plays Uncle Junior released an album of Italian songs too. He did sing in one episode, at a funeral supper.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Good episode, I liked how drunken Meadow was throwing dinner rolls during Uncle June's performance. I believe it was for Jackie Junior's funeral?

Yeah, season 3 finale with Jackie Jr.'s funeral.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

*spoilers*

*spoilers*

I liked the fight scene, very well done!

Good stuff tonight, I always thought of Bobby as a non-killer mafia guy, even though he threatened that Union guy with bullets to the head a few seasons ago. Plus the way he botched that false-hit on that rapper made him look like a novice.

Well, I guess he's not the non-killer type anymore...but dude, take the rest of your shirt with you when you leave.