Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The bad news: they're remaking "Halloween"...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373883/

The good news? It's being directed by Rob Zombie. Now, judging from "The Devil's Rejects", I'd say that the remake is in good hands. In fact, I'm actually looking forward to it. Here's hoping it's the latest in a recent trend of good remakes like King Kong and The Hills Have Eyes.

I just found a pic of what Michael Myers will look like in the remake. I've got a good feeling about this movie. It may not be bad news after all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Michaelmyers2007.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	15223  
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

They've remade Halloween about a zillion times already in the form of its own sequels. I expect Rob Zombie will make it like his other films, and therefore completely antithetical to what the original Halloween was all about- atmosphere over gore. I think he should just make a "new" Halloween sequel, or just come up with a new story of teens being stalked by a weirdo.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

you can see a preview of it at horrorhound.com
    i don't know if this is going to be good or not. i need to see more. i was not impressed with devils rejects or the earlier one. i like gore. But when a movie does not make sense.that's when it goes all wrong. do horror movies ever make sense. probably never. But his earlier works started out interesting and then they went off in a weird direction.
    your my boy blue, oh kid you can't play with that 1995 action figure.It's not a toy,it's a collectors item. woman just let the boy play with it. i will let you play you play with a man's collectors item later tonight when were all alone.(woman)yeah when you dust it off....

I can live with Rob Zombie doing this....it could be in worse hands after all.

That Michael Myers pic looks identical to the original one doesn't it? Or am I not seeing some changes that were made?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    That Michael Myers pic looks identical to the original one doesn't it? Or am I not seeing some changes that were made?
    It's pretty close. The only difference that I can see is that he looks a lot bigger in the new one.

And maatu, about the preview...all I saw on that site was an article that stated the trailer would be attached to "Grindhouse". Did I miss something? Can you provide a link?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

That's Tyler Mane as The Shape and another difference is that the Bill Shatner mask is marked up and weathered.

I am a big fan of Mr. Zombie's previous films but I am skeptical on this one...from what I read of the storyline and how it is broken into 3 acts, I can't say I have high hopes for it.

I didn't think that Zombie was going to do a straight up "remake". I thought he was just going to use the Michael Myers character and do his own thing. I read an article a while back and that's what it seemed. I guess things might have changed since then. It'll be interesting either way, and I'll definitely check it out.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I'm a big fan of the original Halloween. It's not bloody scary, but psychological scary, and that's what makes it cool.

Like Batman and Bond, I understand Zombie's version is a reboot/revision of the original, with more examination into young Michael and why he turned bad.

Will I see it? Probably so. The casting choices are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Like Batman and Bond, I understand Zombie's version is a reboot/revision of the original, with more examination into young Michael and why he turned bad.
    Unexplained evil is much scarier and interesting than psychoanalyzed evil. You shine a bright enough light on the dark and it ceases to be dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    Unexplained evil is much scarier and interesting than psychoanalyzed evil. You shine a bright enough light on the dark and it ceases to be dark.
    That's exactly right, and it's integral to the character. In fact, that's the whole dang point, which is why he was known as "shape' in the first. He's evil personified. Once we learn the "why", we can make all sorts of rationalizations for why he kills people.

Why can't they just get a life and leave well enough alone?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car