Introducing – The Force FX Combat Trials at Celebration 4

Think you have what it takes to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight?

Show us your stuff with a lightsaber, in three separate Jedi Trials at Celebration 4.

In the Jedi Order, the Jedi Trials are challenges which are undertaken by Padawans to earn the title of Jedi Knight. These tests are very often retaken by those Jedi Knights who aspire to earn the rank of Jedi Master, and a seat on the Jedi Council.

The Trials were formal tests that were administered by the Jedi Council on any Padawan that they deemed to be worthy. The Padawan was tested by the Jedi Masters themselves in a controlled setting.

Now, for the very first time, the Council at Master Replicas has opened up the trials for all aspiring Jedi Knights (or, should they choose the path to the Dark Side – Sith Lords) to come and show their skills with a lightsaber at Celebration 4 in May!

There will be three separate competitions, and Padawans may enter any one, two or all three. Padawans/Apprentices please see the rules and regulations for each, to determine your eligibility.

FORCE FX BATTLE EXTREME
    Designed to demonstrate both teamwork and lightsaber dueling skills, the Battle Extreme will include one-on-one combats, one-on-two or more, and team-against-team mock battles.

FORCE FX MASTER EXHIBITION
    Designed for the Master Swordsman, the idea is to demonstrate discipline, grace, and a flare for the dynamic and dramatic!

FORCE FX FREESTYLE CHALLENGE
    This is the “Rap Battle” of lightsabers – the entrant will show their expertise in a solo demonstration, pitted against another soloist.

Please visit http://masterreplicas.com/combat_trials for official rules and regulations, and to enroll in the Force FX Combat Trials today!

Sounds pretty cool! And, I bet we'll get to see Tycho hurt himself in a much larger venue.

I would like to see MR offer a vertical display stand for the Force FXes, or perhaps take the horizontal stand and modify its design so it can hold the sabers either way. I have to lean my FXes against a wall.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sounds pretty cool! And, I bet we'll get to see Tycho hurt himself in a much larger venue.
    Har,Har,Har. Actually, I estimate I'd do quite well in the competition with my MR Luke ROTJ saber. I'm darn fast with that thing and I practice with it almost every day (usually while listening to Nickelback, Metallica, or Queensryche).

I wasn't going to go to C4 before this. Now MR might actually draw me there and even inspire me to get an "Anakin style" costume get-up. I still doubt I'll go because of my health concerns. Comic Con's another thing - and it's so close by to where I live, I just have to ride the trolley home to sleep. C4 might be too large of undertaking for me. Not sure yet.

However, I might be tempted to fight for a prize: If I win, MR would agree to pursue (with all due haste) making a Force FX Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber from "The Phantom Menace" - my dream weapon that I never shut up about. And it could be a Christmas 2007 item or 1st Quarter 2008 piece, but they'd announce they were seeknig LFL approval for it even before they had approval - just to keep us updated.

What do you think, Amy?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

if you do go Tycho, i'll make homemade signs to cheer ya on! or better yet how about a giant cardboard mouse droid sign. the back will read "michael bay sucks"

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    if you do go Tycho, i'll make homemade signs to cheer ya on! or better yet how about a giant cardboard mouse droid sign. the back will read "michael bay sucks"
    LOL. Now you're talking!

I'll be talking to my best friend today about his plans for C4 (we've been roomies at Celebrations past). Maybe he'll shoot the video for my free-style entry if I do this. (I'll enter as many levels as I can - have to re-read the rules - but I don't have anyone going that I trained with in martial arts. There is a possibility - my sparring partner from Ep. 3 - but I'd bet I have to pay his way as he's currently a broke law student. I'm contemplating whether I'd one day get a return on that investment, but I really shouldn't spend like this because I have other concerns right now).

Anyway, I think all "duels" need to be choreographed if I'm not mistaken. I'll re-read it, but wouldn't I love free-style combat! If that's a possibility, I might use Maul's saber for my forms (it's got style!) and Luke's ROTJ for sparring.

I want the darn TPM Obi-Wan saber made because it doesn't have a control box to interfere with my grip (Qui-Gon's would be this way as well, but Obi-Wan's has the pummel - also why I prefer it to using one of Maul's as a single blade). Luke's ROTJ saber does have a control box, but it's positioned low enough that it really has no bearing on my grip. That's why I'm so fast with the darn thing. I actually caused my hand to bleed while I was whipping around that Vader saber (yeah - I go THAT fast).

Anyway, the other concern is with buying an Anakin Jedi get-up. (Those colors would look better on me than Obi-Wan's, as well - I kind of look more like Anakin in AOTC anyway). I hate buying an outfit for very rare / occasional use. I could look into costume rental I suppose. I'm not sure if the Jedi stuff was ever licensed and available in quality form, other than Rubies' sort of "economy designs." I might have to rent the costume twice though - as I'll need it for the video and C4.

Anyway, the idea of freestyle combat (if offered) really intrigues me. Yeah, I'm very tired these days, but I have my good hours and if I compete in the mid-afternoon or early evening after I sleep in if I need to, I'll be at my best.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'll be cheering you on to Tycho!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Har,Har,Har. Actually, I estimate I'd do quite well in the competition with my MR Luke ROTJ saber. I'm darn fast with that thing and I practice with it almost every day (usually while listening to Nickelback, Metallica, or Queensryche).

I wasn't going to go to C4 before this. Now MR might actually draw me there and even inspire me to get an "Anakin style" costume get-up. I still doubt I'll go because of my health concerns. Comic Con's another thing - and it's so close by to where I live, I just have to ride the trolley home to sleep. C4 might be too large of undertaking for me. Not sure yet.

However, I might be tempted to fight for a prize: If I win, MR would agree to pursue (with all due haste) making a Force FX Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber from "The Phantom Menace" - my dream weapon that I never shut up about. And it could be a Christmas 2007 item or 1st Quarter 2008 piece, but they'd announce they were seeknig LFL approval for it even before they had approval - just to keep us updated.

What do you think, Amy?