Page 1014 of 1034 FirstFirst ... 1451491496410041010101110121013101410151016101710181024 ... LastLast
Results 10,131 to 10,140 of 10340
    Bikerscout, you may be in luck because Costco is going to have Metroplex for $79.

Target Culver had 2x 6" Luke and R2, plus TBS Biggs, Vader, Clone Lt and Pilot, Biker with weak paint.

Picked up a 6" R2 yesterday at Target Culver after FINALLY finding one with adequate paint and no warped left leg. I get it out of the box just now and the left foot has actual paint-lock, something I haven't seen in a long time with Hasbro, usually it's PVC-lock. I cut the paint lock loose and now I see it's got to go back to the store, see the back of his hips for why:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130921_131817-ed.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	27948
    How does that even happen???
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Target Culver had 2x 6" Luke and R2, plus TBS Biggs, Vader, Clone Lt and Pilot, Biker with weak paint.

Picked up a 6" R2 yesterday at Target Culver after FINALLY finding one with adequate paint and no warped left leg. I get it out of the box just now and the left foot has actual paint-lock, something I haven't seen in a long time with Hasbro, usually it's PVC-lock. I cut the paint lock loose and now I see it's got to go back to the store, see the back of his hips for why:

Name:	20130921_131817-ed.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	27948
    How does that even happen???

Ugh. Terrible. One more reason why i won't delve into 6"

Costo metro? I'm in.

JT, how do you have such poor luck with Black Series 6"? My Maul, Sandtrooper and R2 have all been fine.

Target Culver had some of the early-pressing wave 1 TBS 3.75" figures, the ones with no tape and the line embossed on the front of the blister bubble. I bought the Padme and by the time it got to the register the girl put it in the bag and the damned blister came right off the card. Yeesh! Hasbro, c'mon!

Same store had 1x TBS 6" Maul, 2x R2, and 1X Luke Pilot.

Same store had 2x TF Generations comic series Hoist and Thundercracker, I actually added a 3rd Hoist to their stock as that's what Hasbro replaced my defective Trailbreaker with and I simply didn't want him. I bought one of the Thundercrackers, was actually going to put him back when I realized the comic was something I wanted to read, so yeah, it finally happened, the comic sold me a figure I wasn't going to buy. I was on the fence, I like the mold but am not doing great with cash and they left painted batch markings on the underside leading edge of the wing which shows clearly in robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, how do you have such poor luck with Black Series 6"? My Maul, Sandtrooper and R2 have all been fine.
    I dunno Brosef. I bought 2 more figures, another R2 and another Sandtrooper - the Sandtrooper has a broken hip right out of the gate PLUS paint-lock on that hip AND joint lock on the wrist. R2 would be fine if not for a noticeably missed front dome panel masking job.

Name:	20130925_134440.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	27959 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130925_134515.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	27958

Name:	20130925_134250.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	27960
    Honestly, this is a statistical unlikelihood, I'm not picking these with any criteria except best paint in the selection. Even if I were an anomaly, this still bodes very poorly for the line, I'm 1 for 6.

So, what was the last word on getting together this weekend?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So, what was the last word on getting together this weekend?
    Saturday, no way in hell.

Sunday, slight possibility if later in the day.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Saturday, no way in hell.

Sunday, slight possibility if later in the day.
    I've got a show that shoots every Wednesday night that I have to be at, which has thrown a grenade in any semblance of free time I have throughout the week, so I'm on the bench until we wrap production in December (as far as planning things in advance).
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Without Chuxter's wanton use of profanity, I echo his @#$&% comments.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'm still in for a meet up. Hope we're still having one.

If anyone finds a Marvel Universe Dagger, please stash or pick up for me. I was able to get Cloak on HTS, but no luck with Dagger yet. Thanks.

TRU Van Nuys had TBS wave 1 leftovers in both scales. Also Transformers Prime Weaponizers wave 2 - talking Bumblebee and Greenimus Prime - on the top shelf.

As for this meetup, I can do this Sunday, sorry to hear Chaddy can't make these. The "barely possible" aspect of Chux and Bel Cam's messages suggests we should just shoot for a later date. How is Saturday the 19th for everybody?

I'll keep an eye out for ya Maradona, Cloak without Dagger is just wrong.