Page 1021 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 215219219711011101710181019102010211022102310241025 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,210 of 10289
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Anybody want the empty box? I'm going to recycle it in a couple days otherwise.
    I'll just take the Jedi Master Points from it, and get ALL that free mail-away swag!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Out of curiosity, did any SoCal Costcos get Metroplex? Haven't seen him here, and he's never been online. I know Costco actually considers it a good thing that different warehouses get different items, which are all different from the online offerings, but, jeez, this is ridiculous.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And anyone in the LA area want some of those Amazon figures if I decide to bite? I only want FA-4, TC-70, and maybe the Battle Droid. No interest in the rest at all. Haven't decided for certain if I'm going to, even at the current price.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So, any chance we can all get together and watch the Rifftrax version of the SW Holiday Special? I can't do it at my place right now because my new PC doesn't have HDMI out and Windows 8.1 isn't cooperating with booting my other video card.
    I'd be down, assuming I don't have any prior obligations on whatever day.

If it's at all possible, can we do it near Disneyland? (I've got to confess, I have no idea how likely or unlikely that is.) I'd like to get my daughter the princess dolls from Frozen, and the ones they sell at the park are vastly superior to the Mattel ones. That's just a long drive, and I can't do it during weekday daytimes because I'd have my son, and if he sees me picking up something then it can't be from Santa, y'know?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    And anyone in the LA area want some of those Amazon figures if I decide to bite? I only want FA-4, TC-70, and maybe the Battle Droid. No interest in the rest at all. Haven't decided for certain if I'm going to, even at the current price.
    No, but they're now $15 on Amazon, so order the whole thing like I just did.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've come to the decision that them selling out yesterday between the time I put them in my cart and the time I went to check out was the cosmos telling me, "Hey, stupid, you said no more prequel background figures (unless they ever make Cin Drallig or Tey How), so I don't care how cool that pilot droid is, you shouldn't waste fifteen bucks even if it is an awesome deal. It's still a bunch of prequel misfits."

Adam West Batman in yellow swim trunks for five bucks, that's another story.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Culver City and West LA Target both had zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'll just take the Jedi Master Points from it, and get ALL that free mail-away swag!
    Ha! I'll get you a time machine for that.

Out of curiosity, did any SoCal Costcos get Metroplex? Haven't seen him here, and he's never been online. I know Costco actually considers it a good thing that different warehouses get different items, which are all different from the online offerings, but, jeez, this is ridiculous.
    I believe Bikerscout did.

I'd be down, assuming I don't have any prior obligations on whatever day.

If it's at all possible, can we do it near Disneyland? (I've got to confess, I have no idea how likely or unlikely that is.) I'd like to get my daughter the princess dolls from Frozen, and the ones they sell at the park are vastly superior to the Mattel ones. That's just a long drive, and I can't do it during weekday daytimes because I'd have my son, and if he sees me picking up something then it can't be from Santa, y'know?
    I don't think any of us live close enough to Disneyland to make that work in your favor, the closest is I think Figrin Bran and Maradona, and that's still 30 miles away (I'm 40 miles away, even though I live further south than them. Silly diagonal state).

I've come to the decision that them selling out yesterday between the time I put them in my cart and the time I went to check out was the cosmos telling me, "Hey, stupid, you said no more prequel background figures (unless they ever make Cin Drallig or Tey How), so I don't care how cool that pilot droid is, you shouldn't waste fifteen bucks even if it is an awesome deal. It's still a bunch of prequel misfits."

Adam West Batman in yellow swim trunks for five bucks, that's another story.
    And Swimtrunks Batman is worth at least half that! I love that line, but that figure is a mistake.

Anyway, the pack is not all prequel guys, it's $15 for 7 figures including a TIE Pilot and black-pauldron Sandtrooper (and weren't you one of the folks wanting Dooku's chauffeur droid?), I couldn't imagine saying no if you're still in the game, it's the price of 1 and a half figures.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I did want him a while back. I've just become so disillusioned by the lackluster prequel characters that I don't want any but the most important and coolest. And yet another TIE Pilot and Sandtrooper (really, what is Hasbro's boner with this particular type of Stormtrooper?) aren't going to change my mind.

Put Darth Plagueis in the set and it's a deal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I got the set from Amazon, it's packaged in a very nifty little whitebox half-case that feels like a whole set. The cards are nice, they would have stood out on pegs pretty well, but they lack color and the blister is too small for my tastes. The die-cut astromech card would have been wrecked on pegs, and make no mistake that these are peg-ready cards (minus any UPC) complete with swing-hook protectors on the cardback.

The assortment of figures is a motley bunch and it doesn't surprise me that this set didn't sell better, there's only 1 new figure in the whole set and that's FA-4, the rest are repaints of existing figures.

So far, I've opened the Black Squadron TIE Pilot and FA-4.

The TIE Pilot is lacking the serial number on his brow, and it's really odd to not have 2 Imperial logos. The figure is the same dated figure we've gotten for a while and I feel like its quality is dated. There is a smaller gun for the holster though, it still comes with the original larger gun but now has one that's not ridiculous. It fits well in the new TIE Interceptor.

FA-4 is fine, I guess, but could have had more range of motion or something because he really doesn't feel like a droid worthy of anything more than a build-a-droid. The sculpt is fairly good, the deco is ok but lacks pop. The legs are separate pieces which isn't the case on the movie character, but they look adequate together as a single element and there's sculpting inside. I wouldn't say it's a good figure, but a "good enough" figure for the price I paid of $15 for the whole pack. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to pay $10 a figure though.

The head on my TC-70 has googly eyes so I haven't bothered building him yet.

bikerscout got his Metroplex from Costco and most LA area stores got them in varying quantities.

Those Frozen dolls you are looking for should be sold in Disney Stores as well, I'd imagine?

Now to get caught up on posts here...