Page 134 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 10330
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Hey gang, are we still planning on attempting a get-together next Saturday? It's been a while since we've talked about it, but next weekend is rapidly approaching. I'm still game if everyone else is.
    I'm a little busier than I expected, trying to put together enough money to go to SDCC. I can do Saturday afternoon at something like Los Feliz Sizzler, we can go trash TRU across the street afterwards, but I can't go much further (keep in mind, I am taking the fargin' bus) because when we're done I go back to earning dough. Anybody interested in this sound off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Finally found some Legends figs in Iowa today. Grabbed a Shockie, left the rest to some eager guys behind me. Saw an employee grab the Legends Vader and stash it in the storeroom- what a knob. Anyway, Walmart had VTAC marked down to $5.88!! Too bad I already picked up my Snowtrooper army two weeks ago for $11.99 each.

Surely we can find a better place in Los Feliz than Sizzler? There's a ton of good places right across from the TRU parking lot.

There are several choices in a 2 block radius from TRU Los Feliz - Sizzler, the Tam O' Shanter Inn, Mimi's Cafe, Baja Fresh, Pat & Oscar's, Panda Express, Togo's/31 Flavors, California Roll & Sushi Fish, and Del Taco. A few blocks west there's also Asia and Giamela's.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Home sweet home! As my cab raced through Burbank tonight to take me home, we passed a mob outside of our new Kwik-E-Mart on Verdugo. If I hadn't been so friggin spent, I would have walked back over with a camera. Guess I'll have to check it out this weekend.

On the bright side, I packed three carded figures into my carry-on duffle this morning, and after three different airports, several hours and a few tight squeezes into small overhead compartments, and my daughter taking a nap on my bag, the bubbles and cards turned out in great condition- not that it mattered since they were all destined to be openers for my band of Jawas.

P.S. I had the chance to play with Apple's iPhone this morning- now I really hate my new Samsung Blackjack. Can't wait for Apple's version #2 iPhone.

JT, i don't think i could make it this saturday and judging by lack of responses, i'm not sure i'd be a great time to have the lunch anyhow. Los Feliz Del Taco??? are you kidding?

on the collecting front, i got 2 SW Weekend Cantina Band biths from a trade.

What the heck Figgy? I thought you had this weekend free based on your last post on the matter.

And yes, I was kidding about Los Feliz Del Taco, I was just pointing out every restaurant I could think of in the area.

Holy crap. I leave town for a week, and when I eventually cruise back into our Burbank TRU, what do I find? The pegs are still jammed with TAC Mace Windu! Oh, and the lonely Legends C3PO. They've gotten rid of the dark brown Tusken/Bantha sets, and are re-stocked with the original beige versions. I'd love to find some new stuff before ComiCon- is that too much to ask?

You Know How It Is

By the way - the manager at Burbank TRU claimed yesterday that he is receiving straight cases of Mace Windus and that's why there's so many on the pegs. No joke.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    By the way - the manager at Burbank TRU claimed yesterday that he is receiving straight cases of Mace Windus and that's why there's so many on the pegs. No joke.

-Snags
    what a fruit tart!

i ordered a Pepsi Optimus Prime from hasbrotoyshop today.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post

-Snags
    Could have been repack.