Page 143 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 10360
    FYI - attendee pre-orders are up for the 2 SDCC ACME Character Keys (Sandtrooper and Joe Johnston X-Wing sketch).

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Thanks for the info! Glad I didn't miss Supergirl by 10 minutes. I guess Mattel overcompensated; after the initial difficulty in finding her, the white-shirt version was plentiful, pegwarming in many places. Kmart's still got a few, last I checked. But the new Kara... bad planning on their part.
    I didn't know you needed her. I had one in my car for a couple weeks now (bought for a friend but they didn't need it) and just returned it over the weekend.

I also noticed the vacant Deluxe TF section. Looking forward to seeing what assortments they get in!
    It should be Dreadwing, Arcee and 08 Camaro Bumblebee as that assortment has been hitting other Targets.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    We're not talking about Frenzy in general! We're talking about the 2nd wave of fast action battlers and the terrible looking Frenzy in that line. Megs and Blackout aren't much better in that format either
    I paid more attention to FAB Megs today... wow, Sucketh Maximus! Blackout was Soldout.

Look at it this way, JT i saved you money and i spared you from having to post a C- review for Dreadwing. Too much kibble on the underside of the plane, a poor color scheme and that bizarre Swindle styled head doesn't add up to a winning design.
    Sadly not, I'm a sucker for deluxes. I'll not hunt for him though, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I know. I was saying I actually like that toy. He really transforms into a boom box.
    True, too bad he doesn't transform into a Frenzy.
    The parts don't disguise that well in robot mode however. I'd love it if they made something the size of a miniCon but was somehow a better Transformer than that Fast Action Battler.
    No kidding they don't disguise well, he looks like a really crappy series of pointy limbs and a goofy head sticking out of a rubiks-cubed boombox in Bot mode.

Why doesn't Barricade's minicon-sized Frenzy work for you, is it because he doesn't transform?

I got there late, saw someone I didn't recognize walking around with 2 DC Superheroes. I saw Steel in his hands, couldn't tell the other except it must be a hero since it had a purple backing. Probably Blue Supergirl Naturally, when I got to the pegs they were full (so full it's surprising there were 2 figures removed!) of same ol' basic Superman figures and 1 lonely Parasite. Same as yesterday, except maybe one extra Supes. Have I mentioned I hate Mattel's assortments? In SW news, lots of Maces still hanging around, with a peg or so of 'anyone else'. DST, Yavin Luke, Tosche Biggs, a couple Hans, Obi-Wan.
    Urk, I saw both Blue Supergirl and chromed Steel at Target Eagle Rock on Saturday, didn't know these were of interest at this point.

Mattel's case assortments and crappy wave management have ruined this line, it's a real tragedy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey all, I have found an awesome website! I think all of you will love this. www.wishbookweb.com, This site has scans of all years of Sears Christmas Catalogs. You can surf through the pages of the 1979 Star Wars stuff and daydream about ordering a Cantina playset with a Blue Snaggletooth for $7.88!!!! It is a must see! Check it out and share your memories!
    Hide it, Post it, and PM it.

That's cool FunnyMoney. I remember the Sears' Wishbook was one of the ways I first learned of new SW products when I was a kid.

Al Gore hadn't invented the internet back then.

[Why doesn't Barricade's minicon-sized Frenzy work for you, is it because he doesn't transform?
    Basically. It's hypocritical of me considering I don't care if Scorponok transforms, but I'd just like a movie Frenzy that I could play with.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    Hey all, I have found an awesome website! I think all of you will love this. www.wishbookweb.com, This site has scans of all years of Sears Christmas Catalogs. You can surf through the pages of the 1979 Star Wars stuff and daydream about ordering a Cantina playset with a Blue Snaggletooth for $7.88!!!! It is a must see! Check it out and share your memories!
    Be sure to check out GIJoe and the TFs in the later years!

Just got my SS Leia Boushh...SWEET!
    Hide it, Post it, and PM it.

Man, I had to hunt to find SW in that '83 catalog! I didn't remember (hey, I was 6 back then) that they lumped all SW together back in kids' bedding & jammies. Hope they get a few more years (84 Sears & Penneys would be awesome to see again! TONS of SW)

Loved seeing Sears get the "Imperial Attack Base" wrong in the photo, with Imps using it (in the description, too!)... can't really blame 'em, since Kenner goofed up on the box art in the first place!

Look at the prices! $24 for the Millennium Falcon and $11 for an X-wing or Vader's TIE Fighter.

The electronics pages are funny too. Those are record players and tape decks. It is a form of ancient earth technology before the CD even - and way before the i-Pod.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thanks for that link Funny Money!

Army builder packs! $7.44 for a Vader and 3 Stormies or a Tusken and 3 Jawas!

Wait a minute! Those Aluminum Falcons were only $24 and yet my parents still wouldn't buy me one???? they're going to hear about it from me!