Page 148 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 10286
    They did that at Mattel the first year I went and I was satisfied with the way it turned out.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    Yesterday, Panorama City Wal-Mart had tons of Legends figures, all of wave 1. There had to be at least 12 cases worth or more.
    hey K M Toydarian if your using your 4 day pass only for friday, would consider giving it to me or me buying it from you

went to panorama city wal-mart tonight, had the same stuff

went to TRU topanga, get them while they are hot 25 obi wan's and about 15 mace windo on the pegs, only the 2 star wars figures there

fallbrook walmart/target nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    They did that at Mattel the first year I went and I was satisfied with the way it turned out.
    Yeah, Mattel did the raffle thing the past few years. The problem was you were not guaranteed a chance to buy the exclusive (if you only had a one day pass and you didn't win the raffle, no exclusive for you). This year, they dropped the raffle and went to first come, first serve. This caused long lines, capping of the line and a lot of very mad people.

I stopped by Glendale Target today...nothing special though I noticed that Saga Legends were bumped up a buck to $7.64! ??????

Snags and Turbowars, the SSG crew told me you were there at SDCC on Friday so I guess I just missed you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I stopped by Glendale Target today...nothing special though I noticed that Saga Legends were bumped up a buck to $7.64! ??????

Snags and Turbowars, the SSG crew told me you were there at SDCC on Friday so I guess I just missed you guys.
    Yeah, we all met up at the Hasbro presentation. Pretty cool to finally meet some of the longtime SSGers like Tycho, JT, and Deoxy. Sorry I missed you, FB.

Just got home from SDCC a few hours ago. What a madhouse it was this year. Even crazier than last year. Managed to score all the Hasbro and Gentle Giant stuff (including a GG Ray Harryhausen bust, which was limited to 50), but it was pretty tricky at times. The fact that I was drunk probably 50% of the time I was there didn't help matters either.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

The SDCC Hasbro Line Nazi is my new enemy.

I took pics of the Sauron mini bust even though GG had "do not photograph. pending licensor approval".

Deoxy, I actually managed to sneak into the line on Friday about 20 minutes before closing but because I didn't want to haul anymore stuff, only got 1 McYoda/Kenobi.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The SDCC Hasbro Line Nazi is my new enemy.
    Damn, which one? I noticed three or four line Nazis walking around screaming at everyone. The Hasbro booth really sucked this year, with the whole ticket gimmick they had going on.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Damn, which one? I noticed three or four line Nazis walking around screaming at everyone. The Hasbro booth really sucked this year, with the whole ticket gimmick they had going on.

-Snags
    I meant the really short female one. What an idiot...while we were lining up upstairs in that pavilion area, she was shouting out directions to us but no one could hear her because there's so much noise going on.

I was totally expecting to run into you at ACME Snags! They gave me a really high number sandtrooper key. 700 something!

Darkagent, Mattel was actually pretty mellow on Friday. I got my JLU packs without any problems.

Whew!

Just got back from my one-day trip to SDCC. I'm friggin tired. There's no way I would have had the energy to do more than one day, unless I had a hotel with a jacuzzi tub- which I didn't.

I got there at 10:45am and walked right up to the Hasbro booth. I got all the exclusives and only waited in line for about 15 minutes. I stopped by the GG booth at 1pm and there was no line, so they let me get my pre-orders even though it wasn't supposed to be until 2pm. So much to see, total sensory overload today. Saw a lot of non-SW stuff that I'd love to have, but there's no way I'd have any room/money to expand the collection. Gotta say that the Emp. Palpatine maquette proto kicks *****- can't wait to have it next year. The new ACME giclee of the X-wing pilots is really nice too. If they keep rolling out OT giclees, I'm in trouble. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Indy4 promo stuff, but I'm sure there will be a lot more next year. Gotta go to sleep now...

That place gets more & more crowded every year...and I was only there for Thurs / Fri!!! Had a nice relaxing weekend afterwards. Nice seeing a few of you at the Hasbro Q&A. Here's my haul -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SDCC.jpg