Page 155 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 10328
    is there any difference between the new figures, that some come with a silver coin and others have a gold coin. for example the wave 2 mcfett has a silver coin and wave4 mcfett has a gold coin. or is it one of hasbros marketing schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitguru View Post
    is there any difference between the new figures, that some come with a silver coin and others have a gold coin. for example the wave 2 mcfett has a silver coin and wave4 mcfett has a gold coin. or is it one of hasbros marketing schemes.
    Yes, the gold coins are part of Hasbro's Ultimate Galactic Hunt promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Yes, the gold coins are part of Hasbro's Ultimate Galactic Hunt promotion.

thanks, what does the hasbro ultimate galactic hunt promotion entail?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Also found:
    3x LEGO V-Wings ($2.48 each)
    1x LEGO B-Wing ($8.74)
    That's pretty good. On Saturday, I went all over the San Gabriel Valley/Pomona looking for the B-Wing on clearance and couldn't find one. The closest I got was in Pasadena where I saw an older lady holding one in her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitguru View Post
    Remember how some of the holograms from the Saga Collection line were silver? Same idea with the gold coins... so grab 'em when you find them, 'cause old PF wants a gold coin McFett.

W.Ho Target was inundated with Saga Legends, they're putting pegs EVERYWHERE, even in the car aisles. Tons of SL and more of the same old TAC, it's horrible.

I want that SDCC Hasbro Indiana Jones coin, I hit their booth over 12 times without getting one. I have the CIV and SDCC Star Wars coins, but no SDCC Indy.

Yeah, we all met up at the Hasbro presentation. Pretty cool to finally meet some of the longtime SSGers like Tycho, JT, and Deoxy.
    It was great meeting you too, I wish I had been able to give you and Turbo more of my time, that panel was INSANE and I wasn't at my best. I also wasn't able to get you guys the word in time that we were doing lunch together and the Sansweet panel together (which was 90% lame anyway, but we had fun despite that).

Just got home from SDCC a few hours ago. What a madhouse it was this year. Even crazier than last year. Managed to score all the Hasbro and Gentle Giant stuff (including a GG Ray Harryhausen bust, which was limited to 50), but it was pretty tricky at times. The fact that I was drunk probably 50% of the time I was there didn't help matters either.
    I dunno, seemed like that might have helped immensely, being sober all 5 days didn't make that con go any faster for me. I ended up staying an extra day and a half as a vacation from my vacation.

Glad you got that Harryhausen bust, I was there when they brought him over to the GG booth, Steve and I were doing some reporting and all of a sudden there he was in his wheelchair, I didn't have a chance to praise him though.

The SDCC Hasbro Line Nazi is my new enemy.
    NO KIDDING! What kind of policy is that? They weren't letting people get in line before normal hours either, even though those press and folks would only work to slow their lines down later anyway. Bad bad bad planning with that line, worse than CIV even - my guess is the threat was fire marshall-related, but come ON! I got super lucky by getting in early and having the right colored badge as well, their line security was turning away all sorts of folks without explanation.

I took pics of the Sauron mini bust even though GG had "do not photograph. pending licensor approval".
    Yeah, everybody does, nobody was stopping them unless they had a press badge - same as CIV. So all one has to have is a non-pro-looking camera and they've got their snaps. Of course, any fan site that posts pics will hear from GG immediately though unless they have permission.

Damn, which one? I noticed three or four line Nazis walking around screaming at everyone. The Hasbro booth really sucked this year, with the whole ticket gimmick they had going on.
    They were doing ticket/raffle crap? That wasn't in place on Wednesday, I had no idea! SUPER lame!!!

I meant the really short female one. What an idiot...while we were lining up upstairs in that pavilion area, she was shouting out directions to us but no one could hear her because there's so much noise going on.
    They had you guys lining up in the Sails Pavilion?!? That's unbelievable! The one place inside the SDCC that's not air conditioned, but it's super busy for autographs and art. Man, what a total debacle!

Darkagent, Mattel was actually pretty mellow on Friday. I got my JLU packs without any problems.
    For some reason, they were mellow like 75% of the time after opening day. My guess is a lack of appeal in exclusives as opposed to last few years'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Whew!

Just got back from my one-day trip to SDCC. I'm friggin tired. There's no way I would have had the energy to do more than one day, unless I had a hotel with a jacuzzi tub- which I didn't.

I got there at 10:45am and walked right up to the Hasbro booth. I got all the exclusives and only waited in line for about 15 minutes. I stopped by the GG booth at 1pm and there was no line, so they let me get my pre-orders even though it wasn't supposed to be until 2pm. So much to see, total sensory overload today. Saw a lot of non-SW stuff that I'd love to have, but there's no way I'd have any room/money to expand the collection. Gotta say that the Emp. Palpatine maquette proto kicks *****- can't wait to have it next year. The new ACME giclee of the X-wing pilots is really nice too. If they keep rolling out OT giclees, I'm in trouble. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Indy4 promo stuff, but I'm sure there will be a lot more next year. Gotta go to sleep now...
    I went all 5 days and it was exhausting EVERY DAY like that and I still missed stuff! Even a hotel next door might not be enough anymore. Sorry I didn't get to meet ya Speck!

This is the stuff I got at SDCC: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8452/img0003aek4.jpg

And the 3.5' duffel I had to buy to get it all home on the train:
    http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9201/img0004apl6.jpg
    (the bag in the lower right is my 20" gym bag I took to the con with my clothes and stuff inside, for a sense of scale)

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    BTW, I talked to the guys at the EE booth. The warehouse is moving to Texas, but not their main office. So, one guy told me there won't be anymore will-call pickups, while the other guy said they'd so something "special" for their will-call customers.
    Wow, that makes so little sense it's eerie. How are they going to work that? They've always been good at what they do because they're CLOSE to the product, now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Further on the EE convo - spoke to Adam directly and he confirmed that the corporate offices would stay in LA. It didn't occur to me until after I got home, but that probably means Tax AND shipping will be added to our orders. boo on that.
    WEAK! You're absolutely right about that too. Now EE has to charge tax in 2 states, smoooooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Last night my Wal-Mart seemed to get in a case of the new Comic 2-packs but I had JediTricks and my friend Halley with me and we were tired and didn't want to stake out Wal-Mart until 4am when the might've stocked it. She opened regular TAC cases for me later (the first time she just wanted to work without distractions) but the cases contained the Biggs X-wing wave and nothing I wanted.
    See, the problem really was that you didn't want to risk making an enemy of her, I think you should have just nabbed one of the cases and strolled off. I'm glad she wasn't still honked at you though, she sure didn't want to hear any of our noise at first.

I found the Comic 2-packs this morning at Target when I was getting back from taking JediTricks to the train station. They were ALL crappy paint jobs so I didn't buy any! I hope to find more at that store or another some time soon. I just don't know what's going on with Hasbro's quality control some times.
    DUDE! You should have bought them and held onto them until you found better, then returned them. Hoard, hoard like the wind!

R2-KT up at SWS.com right now. Shadow Scout was available for 5 min before selling out...

-Snags
    At $25, those Shadow Scouts are going to be around for a while, they had a lot left by show-close, employees were lounging from boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    Did anyone else notice at Comic Con that Hasbro was selling the Voyager Class Prime and Megatron for $9.99 each? I thought it was a error and picked them up right away. Mattel also had the JLU 3 pack for $9.99, which was less then advertised.
    No, what day was this? They definitely had them at $20 on preview night, or at least that's what the tag said.

Niiiice!

They finally had fresh cases of Transformers.

I saw Arcee. Her Alt mode is pretty cool. It was sort of tempting.

They had one BumbleBee 2008 and I bought it. I'm comparing it (carded) to my Alt Sunstreaker and trying to convince myself to give him up. I don't need to collect that line.

Already tumbling down that slippery slope, I bought Barricade to go with my little Autobot buddy. I'm leaving them carded in hopes I can find the resolve to return them before 30 days are up.

Sunstreaker Alternator IS in fact cooler, I can tell you that. But JediTricks has been working on me, helping me escape my denial that Alternators are over with forever. When and if I come to a conclusion to live in that reality, I may open BumbleBee. Who can say, though?
    Alternators are over except for convention repaints, that's Hasbro's official word on the matter, I can't change that. But you don't want that BB08, you want to send him to your ol' buddy JT.

He wasn't in that case assortment.

-Snags
    Ack! I see it, you've got a wave 4, revision 1 case! Nooooo! What are they thinking taking out new figs in the first revision??? This is getting way out of hand.

Who said you needed to collect the entire line?

Barricade gets a C from me

08 Bumblebee A-
    Arcee B+
    Tycho has Transformers OCD, it's pretty bad. He's picky, but it's like "floodgate of being picky".

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but I don't really like the new "automorphing technology" on the new Transformers. I like Ironhide, but I can't get his chest/shoulders to sit right when he's in robot mode, because of the stupid springs.
    Don't blame the automorph on that one, the automorph is all that sweet movement on the legs with everything going at once. The shoulders are just goofy design meant to emulate the character's 45-degree bent-hood shoulders, but it's thoughtless. I can take or leave automorph, some is better than others. Starscream's looks cool, Bumblebee's secondary one is nifty. Ratchet's is horrid though, and Blackout's looks less cool than it really is. The worst is Dlx Brawl though because it's a nifty little automorph made with the absolutely WORST material for the gears, translucent plastic, so they self-destruct instantly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    They had you guys lining up in the Sails Pavilion?!? That's unbelievable! The one place inside the SDCC that's not air conditioned, but it's super busy for autographs and art. Man, what a total debacle!
    'Twas a debacle. and to make matters worse, there wasn't anyone up there from Hasbro to tell us exactly where to line up. The info booth was no help because they didn't know either so what you had were hundreds of people just milling about aimlessly. It gets even worse because once all that was straightened out, you still had to pull a white ticket out of the bag. If you got a red ticket, you were out of luck as only whites would allow you in the Hasbro line.

That's weird. For me, it was a blue ticket. But there was no 'out of luck' when I did it either, as people who drew red tickets were told to put 'em back and get a blue one.

Why even bother having the red tickets in the bags?! Very weird. As for where to line up, I just went to where the most people were (given it was 10:25 or so) that DIDN'T have a sign about a specific signing or whatever. There was also a weird lineup in the pavilion by the south doors, across from Ballroom 20, that had no sign. Never asked what that one was.

Yesterday I hit TRU after avoiding it for weeks, and lo & behold they finally marked down Marvel Legends (the old Toy Biz ones). Finally picked up Beta Ray Bill for under $5, also got Magneto vs. Colossus from Superhero Showdown for $5, and today I got to Target after 9 and found a lone Shining Knight in the JLU basics, with no sign of the rest of his wave or any others, so there's another character crossed off my list. CARS must've had plenty new, as there were 2 Cruising Ramones and 3 Bug-teeth McQueens.

Went to Eagle Rock Target this morning and it looks like they've done the aisle "reset" thing. Nothing new in Star Wars or JLU and still no Transformers. However, they did put out the new 25th aniv. GI Joe figures. They had both the single carded figures and the box sets. I also noticed that Snake Eyes has a variant. I saw him packaged with either a gray wolf or a black wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I want that SDCC Hasbro Indiana Jones coin, I hit their booth over 12 times without getting one. I have the CIV and SDCC Star Wars coins, but no SDCC Indy.
    Man, that's a long read. I had the total opposite experience. I was able to get the Indy coin easily, but not the Star Wars coin. I can trade you one for a SDCC Star Wars coin, if you still need it.