Page 158 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 10330
    Saw Plumber Bob cruising around Fry's today at lunch. Why is it that he never seems to be doing anything, just loitering around?

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Saw Plumber Bob cruising around Fry's today at lunch. Why is it that he never seems to be doing anything, just loitering around?
    Ah, but how do you KNOW he wasn't doing anything? Maybe Fry's had a backed-up toilet...

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Picked up 4 "vintage style" figures (2 Hans and 2 Leias) the other day at $2.98 each. Returned them on my $11 each receipt, then re-bought them an hour later. Returned them again and finished off my $11 each receipt. Bought them AGAIN the next day and returned them on my $8 each receipt. An hour later I bought them yet again and used the UGH POPs inside to finish off a Redemption Certificate, all without a hookup from the employees who were steadfast in their "you can't rebuy them until we put them back on the shelf" policy. Target rules.

Anyone need a couple Hoth Hans and Endor Leias for custom fodder?

- J!
    Last edited by MicroJow; 08-09-2007 at 06:22 PM. Reason: I'm OCD and noticed a spelling error.

MicroJow, since you can obviously get money back doing what you just did, I don't know if you are also aware that they should just give you a price-adjust refund at Customer Service.

But maybe I wasn't following your strategy that carefully. I did some of that kind of thing when I was in college and buying more heavily out of Star Wars, but as of lately, I don't purchase a lot so it's not too worth my effort.

Out of the VTAC, I bought 3 IG-88s (I hope - maybe I only got 2 - have to check that) and 1 Leia. That's all I went after though I had access to them all originally, including Snowtroopers.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've always found it easier to do what MicroJow did, then to try to get a price adjustment. The only differnce, is that I usually don't buy them back again.

I tried to get the price adjustment, but they told me that can only be done if a price changes, not if something goes on clearance. I really got lucky that I kept finding them back on the shelf again.

- J!

Target crappy "policies"......

"Overnight-Stocking vs. Replenishing"

Down with the "Red Shirts!" - just like in Star Trek.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

MJ, that was awesome and a solid performance by you. Did they ever ask you about returning the same figs over and over?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

No, but it was interesting to note how more & more crushed the packages were becoming with each consecutive purchase... as if an employee were getting sick & tired of having to keep putting those little red stickers back on the package.

- J!

You should have taken pics of them and showed the progress of demise for toys in a local Target.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten