Page 162 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 10424
    A coworker just mentioned that it's only Sarge that had the problem. At least now I know why the CARS diecast pegs were empty! I read a blip about it, just the header of a thread, last night, and heard a news story about Mattel this morning, but never heard mention of CARS. ah well.

Picked up the Cobra Officer finally. Still no sign of Wave 4 TAC or Wave 3 Comic Packs at Burbank Target.

That Sarge Cars recall does not affect all Sarges - only those produced between May and August of this year. and then only those produced in China. Those from Thailand are okay.

I'm pretty sure most of us got our Sarges last year so it does not affect us at all.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    That Sarge Cars recall does not affect all Sarges - only those produced between May and August of this year. and then only those produced in China. Those from Thailand are okay.

I'm pretty sure most of us got our Sarges last year so it does not affect us at all.

Plus, it's not like you were planning to eat them...uhm.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    You guys don't eat your toys? Uh-oh. I think I'll be in the bathroom.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    I think you can absorb lead through the skin though...and there's nothing I love more than rolling hot wheels around in my hands all day.

Just imagine if lead paint was in all the clone trooper figures!

there's no way I'd return all of my clones.

How can you tell when they were produced? I've got a Sarge/Fillmore 2-pack that I haven't opened yet. I guess I can call them and ask.

I fear that this recall will affect being able to buy any Cars cars for a while. I went to 2 Targets in the South Bay today and not a single carded car. I imagine Target is recalling all varieties, not just Sarge, which is barley out there. Wonder when it will be safe to stock them again? At least maybe it will clear the pegs of Sally and Sheriff and make room for new waves. I've been getting these for my Nephew who loves them (and it satisfies my addictive personality to hunting for toys!)

On the Star Wars front. Last night I saw a lone ATAT Commander/Driver Galactic Heroes set at Wal Mart Porter Ranch. Didn't get it, figured I'd wait and get the whole wave at once some where. Gosh that store is a mess!
    No new Star Wars at Target today.
    No, actually they both had Legends wave 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    How can you tell when they were produced? I've got a Sarge/Fillmore 2-pack that I haven't opened yet. I guess I can call them and ask.
    Crunchy, if you bought that pack between May and August of this year, it might be affected. Otherwise, it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Crunchy, if you bought that pack between May and August of this year, it might be affected. Otherwise, it's okay.
    I think I did, but I called Mattel anyway (800) 916-4997 and found my Sarge to indeed be defective...

You have to look on the bottom and see if it says China or Thailand.

Thailand
    China

If it DOES say China, then you have to look at the white code also on the bottom...if that ends in "7 EA" you're in for a belly ache of lead if you happen to lick your Sarge!!!

As for Target wiping the shelves clean, I suspect that they just looked up the DPCI for the Sarge sinlges and for the Sarge/Fillmore 2-packs and pulled it all. There are so many recalls right now. Try looking at the little info board by customer service...it's crammed with recall flyers. They don't care enough to take the time to pick out the Sarge cars, they'd rather just pull them all.