Page 163 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 10378
    Dirty Duarte WM had the latest wave of Titanium Series 3" on some cardboard sidekicks in the toy aisle, I picked up the AT-AP.

It seem to anybody else that Hasbro didn't consider that the influx of interest in Transformers was going to draw sales away from Star Wars? Seeing the pegs stuffed with wave 3 and Saga Legends the last few days has been so pathetic, then looking at the miles of empty pegspace for $10 Transformers is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I scanned the JSF's on Saturday and they were $44.99. I used the scanner closest to the SW aisle. Maybe they have the same sort of scanner glitches that WeHo Target has where if you punch in DPCI's for something, one scanner will say "not in stock" while another will say "in stock".
    Hmm, dunno, I hit a couple scanners there that very day. Maybe it changed in the afternoon or something. I hit 4 Targets today, all $50 unfortunately.

The first time I went to Glendale Target, I saw a HW guy try to buddy up to an employee. not a good sign at all.
    Not a shock either though. I'm sure a lot of collectors of all things try to do that from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Guys,

FYI: The Cars "Sarge" die-cast car has been recalled due to having lead based paint.
    Actually, it's lead in "excessive of permissable levels", which is scary 'cause it means they all probably have some. But I believe the threat is only to small children who would put them in their mouths.

I think you can absorb lead through the skin though...and there's nothing I love more than rolling hot wheels around in my hands all day.
    Good point, but I am pretty sure it's a lot of longterm contact.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It seem to anybody else that Hasbro didn't consider that the influx of interest in Transformers was going to draw sales away from Star Wars? Seeing the pegs stuffed with wave 3 and Saga Legends the last few days has been so pathetic, then looking at the miles of empty pegspace for $10 Transformers is painful.
    This was my thought as well. Solution: repack BumbleBee as a Saga Legend - they've repacked everything else, so why not?

"An AllSpark ago, on Cybertron far, far away..."

Anyway, I can't remember, but are STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS selling even better now? That would really highlight this joke.

Either way, once Mattel was the No. 1 toy brand and Hasbro was trying to compete. Not any longer:

Marvel (Spider-Man, X-men, Hulk, Fantastic 4)
    Star Wars
    Transformers
    GI Joe the return

I'm forgetting something, too (in boys' toys) but they own the isles.

As POTC fades, Zizzle is starting to fizzle. I think you might see those hit clearance like Battlefield Earth, ID4, Starship Troopers, Godzilla, and other similar-fated toylines.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Here in LA, SW TF's have always been pretty good sellers.

The Clone Wars ARC Fighter TF is better than most of the movie deluxes!

That Sarge Cars recall does not affect all Sarges - only those produced between May and August of this year. and then only those produced in China. Those from Thailand are okay.

I'm pretty sure most of us got our Sarges last year so it does not affect us at all.
    so only the supercharged versions? mine has radiator springs behind it so i am fine...don't want to dig it out. otherwise i'm keeping it in the package anyway.

I can't wait to sell my "Sarge" on ebay for major bucks, since it's the rare "poison lead" variant.

Quote Originally Posted by timmae View Post
    so only the supercharged versions? mine has radiator springs behind it so i am fine...don't want to dig it out. otherwise i'm keeping it in the package anyway.
    Only the Supercharged versions produced/purchased between May and August of this year.

Burbank Target had something new! A few of the new wave of Galactic Heroes. The pegs were pretty full, yet the entire wave wasn't there: DS Trooper and Padme were missing. The paint on all but the AT-AT 2-pack was horrid, so I only grabbed the Imps. A lady was stocking toys, and I spotted two Hasbro boxes. One was for Spidey basics and still sealed, since that section's been full since the reset. The other was for GH! She got called away, so I started to pop it open (it wasn't sealed, meaning the new ones must've come from it), then looked around and there was another employee working on an endcap, giving me a dirty look. He got called away for a bit, so I opened it again and pulled out the DS Trooper set in there since I was only concerned with scoring the Imps for now, and closed the box back up. Same employee had returned from his errand and was standing opposite the aisle, glaring at me again.

The Comic Packs have been nicely sorted by set, one set filling up each peg (all Marvel Stormie varieties). Still room for a few more, but no sign of W3. Legends pegs still empty but for Dofine & BD 3PO, with the gray stickers on the pegs. TF still empty but for some Robot Replicas -- not empty because they're selling so well, JediTricks, just because Target hasn't got any in for weeks!

More GIJoe BPs, but no more singles.

My SSC Exclusive Asajj Ventress arrived yesterday. She's awesome Her skirt takes a bit of messing around with, and the sleeves are gonna be a pain to adjust, but she looks great, poses great, and those sabers are fantastic (unfortunately, the blade of one was glued in at an angle, but it's only noticeable if you've got both blades parallel to each other)

Received my VTAC coin set in the mail today. NFC says they are getting 40% of their wave 4 order in next week. I'll probably find them at retail before they land on my doorstep.

I can't wait to sell my "Sarge" on ebay for major bucks, since it's the rare "poison lead" variant.
    I have one of those as well. Let's say we trade them to Plumber Bob, Headphones or Dirty Sanchez!

I have one of those as well. Let's say we trade them to Plumber Bob, Headphones or Dirty Sanchez!
    Or your good ol' friend "El Puerco"!

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Or your good ol' friend "El Puerco"!
    NOT my friend!

El Puerco no es mi amigo!!!!!