Page 164 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 10378
    Just received an E-mail from Gentle Giant informing me that yet again I've struck out on one of their raffles. This time it was for the UK exclusive Bly.

El Puerco rules.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Either way, once Mattel was the No. 1 toy brand and Hasbro was trying to compete. Not any longer:

Marvel (Spider-Man, X-men, Hulk, Fantastic 4)
    Star Wars
    Transformers
    GI Joe the return

I'm forgetting something, too (in boys' toys) but they own the isles.
    Yeah, you're forgetting Mattel's still the #1 toy manufacturer with Hot Wheels, Batman, and Barbie.

Hasbro's Marvel line is hurting, Star Wars has begun to stagnate, and GI Joe has been sagging for some time now with the new 25th anniversary line too soon to tell. Hasbro remains the #2 manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    TF still empty but for some Robot Replicas -- not empty because they're selling so well, JediTricks, just because Target hasn't got any in for weeks!
    That's not accurate from what I've heard, Targets have been getting a fairly regular stream (2 or 3 a week, I believe) of TF deluxes and TF Fast Action Battlers ($10 figures that fully transform but are a little simpler for slightly younger kids) and they just sell out super fast.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

That's not accurate from what I've heard, Targets have been getting a fairly regular stream (2 or 3 a week, I believe) of TF deluxes and TF Fast Action Battlers ($10 figures that fully transform but are a little simpler for slightly younger kids) and they just sell out super fast.
    All three Targets in SD have been showing gray back order stickers for weeks now on deluxe TFs, Leaders, FABs etc. However, I did see a few ultimate BB's along with some assorted voyagers during that time.
    Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Navtek View Post
    All three Targets in SD have been showing gray back order stickers for weeks now on deluxe TFs, Leaders, FABs etc. However, I did see a few ultimate BB's along with some assorted voyagers during that time.
    Anyone else?
    I've been seeing the same, but they're still getting 2 or 3 cases of $10 figs per week, and that's not including the repaint Jazz they're starting to see. It's trickling through supposedly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

G*damn Recall

I had it... I had Yeti in my hand, at the register of Burbank Target at 9am. The register said "recall", then a redshirt grabbed it and took it away. I explained that after two days of empty shelves, they had restocked and that only "Sarge" the jeep was under recall. He didn't care- what a bastard. So guys, if you find any "Cars" that you want, stash them good and wait out the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It's entirely accurate so far as Burbank Target goes. They haven't had any Deluxe since... well, sometime in July! I'm not sure if they had any Fast Action Battlers either, I only noticed the slam-n-go ones, pegwarming handheld-game Real Gear guys, a bunch of Scouts which rapidly dwindled in the last week, and those new "Cell phone turns into a knife!" toys.

Speck, that sucks! I was there around 8:30, and overheard someone complaining to a Target employee about the recall thing and how yesterday they were all still banned from sale because of the same DCPI. It was Headphones! So if we see an influx of pegwarmers in Burbank, we know where it came from I noticed there were two Legends Vaders on the pegs today, joining the returned BD 3PO (naturally, all on the TAC pegs while Lushros has finally left the building, leaving a completely bare TSC/SL section)

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I had it... I had Yeti in my hand, at the register of Burbank Target at 9am. The register said "recall", then a redshirt grabbed it and took it away. I explained that after two days of empty shelves, they had restocked and that only "Sarge" the jeep was under recall. He didn't care- what a bastard. So guys, if you find any "Cars" that you want, stash them good and wait out the storm.
    Same thing happened to me this morning, with Yeti and Cruisin Ramone, except the Target employees were pretty nice about it.

I was already at the register and the items came up as "Do Not Sell" or something like that. The cashier called a supervisor who explained that it seemed it wasn't just the Sarge that was being recalled.

The only thing that kind of bugged me more was that they purposefully left all the Cars on the pegs and were counting on the registers to tell them which they could not sell upon being scanned. I said maybe they should scan all of them and see which were good and which were not. Whatever.

I hope they produce some good Yetis. I'll kind of lose my enthusiasm for this line if t here's a sizeable hole in it. I'm not a completist, but theres some Cars I definitely want, and Yeti is one of them.
    Galactic Barn Burner

That's why most stores took all the Cars off the pegs, because they all have the same DCPI. There's no way to tell the computer that just one Car (Sarge) is the only one that has been recalled. Since they all have the same DCPI, in affect this makes all the Cars recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    I was already at the register and the items came up as "Do Not Sell" or something like that. The cashier called a supervisor who explained that it seemed it wasn't just the Sarge that was being recalled.
    Except, it IS just Sarge that's being recalled. So that supervisor either was lying or plain didn't know what they were talking about.

Tomorrow, if anyone finds a Yeti or whatever they wanna buy and Target gives you grief, fight them with the facts! ONLY Sarge is being recalled, ONLY those sold between May & August 2007, ONLY those manufactured in China rather than Thailand, and with the characters "7 E A" on the bottom at the end of a product code (eg "1027 E A"; "1025 EA" and "1026 E A" are fine, as are any numbers followed by "A Z")

Granted, you've gotta OPEN those Sarges to find the numbers, I think, but at least you'll have the facts of what Sarges are affected and that absolutely no other Cars are recalled, no matter what Target employees or supervisors say. If you've got the time and really want that Yeti, have 'em call their superiors. Get them to get their facts straight!

...and while you're at it, let 'em know that Saga Legends have a different DCPI and price and belong on different pegs than TAC "If the card's orange in the bottom right-hand corner, it goes over there!"