Page 165 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 10416
    I think if they try to shut me down again over the "Cars", I'll rip it out of the package and hold it up to the cashier's neck, threatening to rub the lead paint against their carotid artery, and dragging them out of the store with me. Then I'll let them go and jump in the car for a quick getaway. Or I'll just through a five dollar bill at the supervisor, grab Yet and run like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Except, it IS just Sarge that's being recalled. So that supervisor either was lying or plain didn't know what they were talking about.
    I doubt he was lying. He was just misinformed. I saw the cash register pop out with the "Do Not Sell" message. Obviously some Targets don't have their facts right as you said. Like I said, what really annoyed me was that they openly admitted they were leaving them on the pegs on purpose and that customers had to bring them to the register to find out if they could buy them. That was really lame.

The paint job on the Yeti I got was pretty terrible, so as long as they don't have their heads stuck up their arses too much longer about Sarge being the only one recalled, maybe I'll find another one in the not too distant future.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Here's a good page to print out. It's direct from the Mattel website about the Sarge recal, with specs and pictures. Click the " Review the recall announcement." to open a PDF that has an official statment with pictures. There is really nothing more that can be done, that's the official word.
    With all the amazing new cars shown at Comic Con, let's hope this doesn't hinder the line, or cause ridiculous fake scalper hype because of it.
    As I've said before, I love this line, but am only getting them for my nephew to play with, and I don't want to fight the scalpers for a 3 year old's toy!

Yesterday I saw that Hot Topic in Glendale had all 6 Chubby series 1 sets for 12.99. I cancelled my ShopStarWars preorder after seeing how small they were at C4, but it is good to see them in a retail store.
    My guess is Hot Topic will probably carry the Mighty Muggs next year too.

My theory on Target and other retailers not selling other Cars diecasts besides Sarge is that they're just trying to play the role of the "good guy". If it turns out that other cars are being recalled, they've already washed their hands of the lead paint and they can point out that they took extra precautions and that consumer/customer safety is their number one priority, blah blah blah.

Wave 8/9 are up for pre-order at NFC. Looks like I'm all set for the rest of the year. (If only I could pre-order "Cars" die-cast)

It's entirely accurate so far as Burbank Target goes. They haven't had any Deluxe since... well, sometime in July! I'm not sure if they had any Fast Action Battlers either, I only noticed the slam-n-go ones, pegwarming handheld-game Real Gear guys, a bunch of Scouts which rapidly dwindled in the last week, and those new "Cell phone turns into a knife!" toys.
    It's not a question of what we notice, it's a question of what they get. If they get product but it sells before we see it, the tree still made a noise as it fell in the woods.

Except, it IS just Sarge that's being recalled. So that supervisor either was lying or plain didn't know what they were talking about.

Tomorrow, if anyone finds a Yeti or whatever they wanna buy and Target gives you grief, fight them with the facts! ONLY Sarge is being recalled, ONLY those sold between May & August 2007, ONLY those manufactured in China rather than Thailand, and with the characters "7 E A" on the bottom at the end of a product code (eg "1027 E A"; "1025 EA" and "1026 E A" are fine, as are any numbers followed by "A Z")

Granted, you've gotta OPEN those Sarges to find the numbers, I think, but at least you'll have the facts of what Sarges are affected and that absolutely no other Cars are recalled, no matter what Target employees or supervisors say. If you've got the time and really want that Yeti, have 'em call their superiors. Get them to get their facts straight!
    The problem with big corporate stores like WM and Target is that the managers are run by the computers basically, so no matter what judgment they want to make, they're still not allowed to. It's a horrible fight, I've had it so many times with Target and WM the last 12 months on various Star Wars and Transformers items. You just can't use logic on someone who isn't allowed to think and act for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    Here's a good page to print out. It's direct from the Mattel website about the Sarge recal, with specs and pictures. Click the " Review the recall announcement." to open a PDF that has an official statment with pictures. There is really nothing more that can be done, that's the official word.
    It doesn't matter, I tried that with Transformers, showed them the actual web page instead of a printout, they looked at it, looked at it again, said "oh, I see..." *buttons buttons* "sorry, the computer won't let me" and that was a friggin' MANAGER!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Wave 8/9 are up for pre-order at NFC. Looks like I'm all set for the rest of the year. (If only I could pre-order "Cars" die-cast)
    Speck, you CAN preorder cases of Cars diecasts. PM me if you want to know where. I've never done it but I know people who have. The case assortments generally aren't that great though, certainly nothing as good as SW cases.

For some stupid reason, ER Target decided to restock Cars today after taking them all off the pegs earlier this week. It was the new wave with Yeti. One of the guys picked up the Yeti. I tried to buy the Sarge . The register rang up for both:

DO NOT SELL

I just really don't think Burbank Target's getting ANY TFs though... surely some would occasionally be left over for the morning, or some would be stocked in the morning, at some point in the last few weeks! It's not like the usual morning crowd are TF fiends, that they'd need to keep the stock in the back until after the morning migration passes.

Speaking of that Target... nothing new again today, anywhere. And they pulled all the Cars... AGAIN. They'll probably be back tomorrow, then gone again on Sunday

Went to Baldwin Park Target this morning. A nice employee in electronics agreed that it was common knowledge that only the Sarge vehicle of the Cars line had a problem, but that the "Do Not Sell" thing was done at the corporate level, so the individual stores didn't have control over it. Apparently all the vehicles have the same number so corporate's computers don't make a distinction. I'm sure eventually they'll put them all out again.

Found a lot of Saga Legends 2 at this Target. I just bought a Red Battle Droids back(the only one) and two of the three Sandtroopers they had. I left the 501st clones, about 3 of them.
    Galactic Barn Burner