Page 16 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026661165161016 ... LastLast
    There's one Target in my area that I have to give a lot of props too. They have never, ever been anything but pleasant to me. Their employees are just overall nice. I have a perfect batting average with the DPCI. Not that that means everything. They're entitled to say no as long as they don't lie. But even when they hesitate, they're cool about it.

Like this morning, the employee was totally willing to check the Order 66 DPCI. The only thing he said was, "The only thing is maybe we're not supposed to put it out yet." But then he quickly added, "But I'll try to get it for you." He came back with a case. Now, if someone more senior had told him not to do that, who am I to hold that against him? He shouldn't get in trouble because I want some toys.

I appreciate honesty and courtesy. As long as the "red shirts" do that, it doesn't matter as much if they pull something for me or not. I realize that a lot of these "anti-collector" policies come from the top and from mid-manager types. Personally, I think most employees wouldn't mind pulling stuff from the back if they didn't think it might get them in trouble.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Heads up - my Banthas just shipped out from TRU.com. They should be hitting stores any day now.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Nothing new at Burbank Target this morning. Everyone'll probably have their fill of POTC and Spidey 3 by the time that store resets & puts it all out.

I made the Valencia-area run on Saturday, saw the Neyo BPs at the SuperWM (the only WM I hit this weekend that had 'em... and I passed on them! Silly... the paint on every speeder bike was awful, like on most Ilum BP R2s, yet I didn't think "I can just repaint 'em" until I got home), saw the new POTC figures at Stevenson Ranch (picked up 2 Martys and a Sao Feng for now; one Marty's gonna get a head-transplant with Kabe from the Nabrun Leids 2-pack), and grabbed Mongul finally from the West Santa Clarita store. Still no sign of the blue Supergirl anywhere. SuperWM had all TAC except McStormie, but was the ONLY WM I hit this weekend that had any clones.

I hit a bunch of WMs out in the Norwalk/La Mirada area yesterday... Cerritos WM is just awful, looks like a wasteland. The toy section's pathetic. The other stores had plenty of Spidey & TAC, a couple even had SBDs but my HTS came Saturday so I'm set on those.

How crazy is it that TRU's got the cheaper price on Spidey 3 figures? Wal-Marts all had 'em for $8.67, one TRU I hit had 'em for $7.99. Managed to resist picking up Black Spidey (and the WM Exclusive 'metallic' black Spidey) and Venom all weekend.

Went to Target in Culver City on the way to work, it had a few TAC figures, no Macquarie though. Has anyone noticed that there are no price labels for order 66 on the shelves.

Hit 1 WM & 3 Targets this morning looking for the new ships, but couldn't find any. I did see them at the gift shop in Star Wars Meets Imagination exhibit yesterday. I wasn't going to pay $30 a pop though, so I left them, along with a $10 Appo.

Was able to pick up a couple of Neyo BPs at 1 of the 5 WMs I went to on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Hit 1 WM & 3 Targets this morning looking for the new ships, but couldn't find any. I did see them at the gift shop in Star Wars Meets Imagination exhibit yesterday. I wasn't going to pay $30 a pop though, so I left them, along with a $10 Appo.
    I must have missed those- didn't see any vehicles. I passed on the $10 Galactic Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    Went to Target in Culver City on the way to work, it had a few TAC figures, no Macquarie though. Has anyone noticed that there are no price labels for order 66 on the shelves.
    No Targets have the TAC or Order 66 labels in my area, and that's 5 Targets at least.

If you want to get Order 66, unfortunately you have to play the DPCI game right now. Who the heck knows when they'll put them out. ONe Target I went to yesterday has had them "in stock" in the backroom for at least a week, but when I asked a manager, he said they were "in transit" at a nearby warehouse and that he told employees to put them out as soon as they got them.

Who knows what's going on. I'm not even sure Target knows.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Fortunately, I have NO plans to buy any of the Order-66 sets. I'm not even looking for them. But I do want a Sith Infiltrator (and possibly extras for Turbowars' lawn decorations ) and a couple V-wings for myself.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The Order 66 packs have a set date for April 8th or so, probably for an endcap ala the Felucia/Ilum BPs. But given Burbank Target's reset policies, they probably won't have shelf-space there until April 15th