Page 17 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127671175171017 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metaljedi View Post
    Was able to pick up a couple of Neyo BPs at 1 of the 5 WMs I went to on Saturday.
    Same here, I hit 4 different WMs starting at 6am on Saturday and was lucky enough to finally find a couple at the last WM I went to.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    How crazy is it that TRU's got the cheaper price on Spidey 3 figures? Wal-Marts all had 'em for $8.67, one TRU I hit had 'em for $7.99. Managed to resist picking up Black Spidey (and the WM Exclusive 'metallic' black Spidey) and Venom all weekend.
    I wanted to, but I couldn't resist. I picked up Venom and Sandman from WM on Saturday for $8.67. Then I went to Target and saw it was cheaper there $7.99, so I picked up the same figures there. Then yesterday, Target put them on sale for $5.99, so I picked them up again. Now I've got to return figures to both WM and Target. Anything to save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    I wanted to, but I couldn't resist. I picked up Venom and Sandman from WM on Saturday for $8.67. Then I went to Target and saw it was cheaper there $7.99, so I picked up the same figures there. Then yesterday, Target put them on sale for $5.99, so I picked them up again. Now I've got to return figures to both WM and Target. Anything to save a few bucks.
    You could have just asked for a price match or price adjustment.

Well, Darkagent gets all his gas money back.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    You could have just asked for a price match or price adjustment.
    It's easier to just return the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    It's easier to just return the figures.
    I meant instead of buying them again from Target, you could have received a partial refund on your fist purchase.

Went to Burbank Target at lunch- they brought out a TAC case for me, but the Galactic Marines and one Airborne were missing. They told me that they aren't on the planogram, and that's why the 3/25 date means nothing until the planogram is updated, thus the figures went back to the stockroom. They also muttered something about a two item limit on collectibles- something I haven't heard them say in a year.

so much for those McQuarrie Fetts on kbtoys.com last week. people are reporting having received Mcstormies from them and not the Fetts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I meant instead of buying them again from Target, you could have received a partial refund on your fist purchase.

Went to Burbank Target at lunch- they brought out a TAC case for me, but the Galactic Marines and one Airborne were missing. They told me that they aren't on the planogram, and that's why the 3/25 date means nothing until the planogram is updated, thus the figures went back to the stockroom. They also muttered something about a two item limit on collectibles- something I haven't heard them say in a year.
    So speck, just how many times did you go andf use the DPIC # at the Burbank Target? Sounds to me you have cleaned them out and they are now making the new rule? Does that sound about right? You can't keep hitting the same store day after day.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    so much for those McQuarrie Fetts on kbtoys.com last week. people are reporting having received Mcstormies from them and not the Fetts.
    Figures.... I had a bad feeling.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    So speck, just how many times did you go andf use the DPIC # at the Burbank Target? Sounds to me you have cleaned them out and they are now making the new rule? Does that sound about right? You can't keep hitting the same store day after day.
    Sure he can. The only obligation another collector here has to you, Turbo, is to share if you're there at the same time they are there. (I'd share with you buddy). But I don't want to drive further and further to other stores. I'll wait until my regular (most local) store gets the figures. I'll ask different employees (not the same ones repeatedly) to check the DCPIs for me (unless I sense the employee happens to like me - the girl that always checks for me looked up the $20 vehicles for me tonight but they weren't there).

Anyway, on a gut instinct level, I'd agree with you Turbo - but I'd have to be there and ascess a situation. In my case, I can show up every day and ask the same girl to check for me and she'll pull stuff for me if they have it. There are employees I know at my regular stores that would seem to like me - or they just like to watch me open a purchase and stick my nose in the package and try to inhale a new figure. I hear them talking you know:

"Hey - that's the guy that sniffs the figures! What's he looking for? Go in the back and get that one for him if we got it. Then watch what happens. This is funny!"

Seriously, the employees are tired of seeing guys that rush in and bother them just so they can resell the toys on eBay. They love the insane, random sociopath that sniffs the figures and they do whatever they need to in order to supply him. Try snorting your new action figures in the store (open only what you're going to pay for) and see how helpful the employees become!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.