Page 200 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 10402
    TRU Los Feliz had a bunch of Legends figures, including a number of Boba Fetts. They also had more wave 4 straggler guys - Luke Jedi, Umpass Stay, M'iiyoom Onith - in the new "why would anybody put this here" section left of the entrance. They also had some TFs - Dead Jazz, Payload, Longarm, Dreadwing.

Target Pasadena 2-story had a Luke Jedi and a M'iiyoom Onith.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitguru View Post
    went to lone hill target tonight after i went to the la county fair absolutely nothing for SW and TF
    I think it bites that the LA County Fair takes place in the last city to the east in LA County!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hi all, first post on SSG so bear with me.

Obviously I'm from out-of-area (the nickname is probably a giveaway) but I travel to LA a bit and see lots of familiar haunts mentioned (Los Feliz, Glendale, Pasadena etc). I am not a collector but owned a fairly complete set of the original action figures when I was a kid (why on earth did my parents let me open them???) My young son has recently discovered Star Wars and Transformers, and I kill time in LA by buying up for Birthdays and Christmas. It had been sometimes frustrating to locate certain items (Deluxe Transformers, anyone?) but I had no idea how competitive the acquisition of popular toy lines could be until I started coming to this forum. I've already gotten a few good tips from here (such as the availability of Y-Wings, saved me the hassle of mail-ordering it before I came). My contributions are likely to be limited but I do get around a bit and can give a few insights into overseas markets.

For instance, here in Aus, SW and TF figures sell for, on average, twice the price of what they do in the US. It's the same in most other countries. We don't get the vehicles at all, although my local TRU just got their first Christmas stock with some Jedi Starfighters, at $50 Aussie each, about $42US (you can see why I save my shopping for the US). I was in London at the beginning of the month, where TRU still had some Republic Gunships and Saga Tie Fighters (albeit at 40 pounds, about $80US, each). Also Hamleys had what appeared to be a fairly complete range of the Ralph McQuarrie figures, at a price, and a fairly complete range of Deluxe Transformers (Jazz, Barricade etc) but at 13 pounds ($26US). Some figures are more popular than others, and it's interesting to see what's hot and what's not from place to place.

If these insights are of interest to anyone let me know. I've seen one or two exclusives in other places that I have never seen in the US (TF Deluxe figures 3-pack for instance) and it might be possible to do a favour on a hard-to-find item if anyone is prepared to pay overseas prices. Also have one soul (slightly used) I'd be prepared to swap for the location of a Movie Deluxe Barricade, if anyone sees one (looks like I just missed out on a big restocking last week, lots of empty pegs about the place).

Cheers

I saw a deluxe barricade this morning, AS. Are you still in the states or have you already passed on?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Welcome aboard, AS!

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I saw a deluxe barricade this morning, AS. Are you still in the states or have you already passed on?
    Well, if he's passed on, he isn't likely to be able to answer, is he? That's just sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, but I won't be back within a useful timeframe. My next visit is Mid-October, I'll just keep trying my luck. I picked up a Voyager Starscream at East Pasadena last Wednesday, so miracles do happen.

Speaking of things Transformers, the DVD release here in Aus will be available in a Special Edition transforming DVD case. I'd post a link for you but I'm not allowed to yet. Someone else probably could if they want to get in touch.

Haven't heard of anything similar for the US market. Has anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieScott View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, but I won't be back within a useful timeframe. My next visit is Mid-October, I'll just keep trying my luck. I picked up a Voyager Starscream at East Pasadena last Wednesday, so miracles do happen.

Speaking of things Transformers, the DVD release here in Aus will be available in a Special Edition transforming DVD case. I'd post a link for you but I'm not allowed to yet. Someone else probably could if they want to get in touch.

hey aussie would it be possible if you can get me a aus SE transformers dvd. i can give you some money. when you come mid october. or if you want we can trade for some SW or TF figures. let me know, pm me
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gambitguru View Post
    hey aussie would it be possible if you can get me a aus SE transformers dvd. i can give you some money. when you come mid october. or if you want we can trade for some SW or TF figures. let me know, pm me
    thanks
    Gambit,

PM sent. Post the links in the forum if you would, for the benefit of others, as I am not able to yet.

Should have mentioned also, this is of course a Region 4 Pal release. Those interested should check that their equipment supports both.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieScott View Post
    Someone mentioned this over in the TF thread a bit ago... looks cool. As far as I know, you're the only ones getting this.

Welcome to the forums!

I believe you cant post links because you dont have enough posts. Its to deter spammers and such. Dont take it personal and welcome to the forums.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten