Page 218 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 10414

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Did you stash any?
    nope, wasn't a good morning too...

I am a pallet raider. I tend to go to WM at night because I perfer to shop then. I have gotten many a figure that way. If an employee tells me I am not allowed to open the boxes, I simply reply to them "They dont sell in the case do they?" and walk off with what I want.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JodyB View Post
    nope, wasn't a good morning too...
    ??????? What do you mean? Someone gave you a hard time or what?

Back in March, I was at the 24hr Wal-Mart in Santa Clarita and found many boxes of the TREACHERY ON SALEUCAMI Battlepack on pallets. It was around 3:30am and there was no employee around for miles, and I didn't want to wait forever for help to arrive. I opened a case to get the 1 set I wanted. As I continued to shop, someone did come up to me and told I me couldn't have that and not to touch the pallets, and seemed really upset that I wanted to buy something, a Wal-Mart exclusive mind you, which I explained to him. There were at least 20 boxes of them too.
    I think the problem was there was a ton of Spiderman stuff with street dates on them, as that was the reason he gave me for not being allowed to sell them. I explained the box of Star Wars had no street date, I couldn't find help, I was the only customer there, etc.
    He just made me feel really ashamed for wanting to buy the toy. It was plain terrible customer service! But I just knew I wouldn't be at Wal-Mart again any time soon.
    That's my pallet raiding story.
    Anywho...
    Ordered a CZ-4 from Amazon (actually Amazon, bot a third party seller through Amazon) for 6.99, free Prime shipping. Wanted 2, but there was only 1 left.

They might be sold out already but Walmart.com had some CZ-4's this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I am a pallet raider. I tend to go to WM at night because I perfer to shop then. I have gotten many a figure that way. If an employee tells me I am not allowed to open the boxes, I simply reply to them "They dont sell in the case do they?" and walk off with what I want.
    Yeah, seriously, what are they going to do, right? I doubt they'd want to make a big ruckus out of it. If the employee that gave me a little lip had been a guy it would have been easier to push back a little; but since it was a woman, I felt I had no choice but to be polite, even as I took what I wanted.

Next time I'll just take a case, walk with it somewhere completely different and open it there Then I can bring the extras back and hang them on the pegs as if I just had a change of heart about buying figures that were already on the pegs.

Screw them. They have their priorities all screwed up. I do agree with KM Toydarian though, they do make you feel a little ashamed for a while.
    Galactic Barn Burner

All this talk of pallet-raiding in the wee hours has made me realise just what an impossible task I face. I am there maybe just 2-3 days a month... not only does it have to be the right day but also, it seems, the right hour.

Which begs the question... why go to all the trouble of manufacturing a product, but then only making enough to last an hour or so at retail???

On another note... I'm happy to pay ebayers and other scalpers $10 or so a figure if I can find them. The Suggested Retail Price of a standard figure in Aus is $15 (and even more in Europe), so scalpers still represent a bargain for some.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieScott View Post
    All this talk of pallet-raiding in the wee hours has made me realise just what an impossible task I face. I am there maybe just 2-3 days a month... not only does it have to be the right day but also, it seems, the right hour.

Which begs the question... why go to all the trouble of manufacturing a product, but then only making enough to last an hour or so at retail???

On another note... I'm happy to pay ebayers and other scalpers $10 or so a figure if I can find them. The Suggested Retail Price of a standard figure in Aus is $15 (and even more in Europe), so scalpers still represent a bargain for some.
    Yeah, I'm like that. On occasion, I can make it to Target or TRU if I happen to be going that way, but I can't patrol the aisles at dawn looking for pallets or hunting down hidden figures. I've been the recipient of some very generous help from people here, but I try to get what I need via internet sources when I can. I've been ordering cases from EE and keep an eye on Hasbrotoyshop.com. The fruitless trips to retail stores are frustrating, use gas pointlessly, and are made even more useless knowing that the boxes are raided before anyone really has a chance to find anything at reasonable hours of the day. I'd hate to be a kid in this day and age. I'd collect just about anything else.