Page 239 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 10380
    I took my time getting to work this morning and hit up a bunch of Targets. Burbank had TAC w6 minus the McSnowies, and I found some troop builders for my Cobra Army, but that's about it. Thanks again to Commtech for the hook-up at TRU .

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    I took my time getting to work this morning and hit up a bunch of Targets. Burbank had TAC w6 minus the McSnowies, and I found some troop builders for my Cobra Army, but that's about it. Thanks again to Commtech for the hook-up at TRU .

No problem man.

Crap, the day I decide not to go to Burbank target, wave 6 hits!

Kohl's has a 25% off action figures sale. I got the R4 units in SG Valley one this morning. Passed on other droids thinking I'd save money on those and find them later. But as it turned out, the figures were going for $6.99, so I probably should have just bought them. Eh, whatever. They also had a green AOTC clone trooper. No Starkillers. Still looking for my second and last one.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Howdy, Just Founders!

I'm new to the forum. I found this board whilst searching for help in finding some of these 30th figures. I'm a passive collector, in that I'm interested in toys from the first trilogy, and I don't frequent the stores as often.

I drop my son at daycare in Glendale around 8AM, so I started haunting the Glendale Target (a.k.a. Deadwood) at opening. The first day I went (early Sept.), I scored some great Wave 4 stuff, and there was UGHs & McQuarries abound. After many subsequent morning visits, I realized it was a real fluke. Since then, the same pegwarmers have greeted me each time, to my dismay.

I went back to read the archives here & catch up on what's what. You guys are really helpful in your information & tips. I'm also fascinated to read about the dramas at each store -- shady managers, creepy scalpers & odd confrontations. It's wild!

Thanks to some of your info, I hit up the Los Feliz TRU this AM, and finally scored a CZ-4 (they had quite a few, in addition to a bunch of Animated Fetts & Umpasses). Before that, I trudged to Glendale Target & was surprised to see among the tired old Bousshes & Saesee Tiins -- one 4-LOM & one Imperial Officer. Wave 5 completely bypassed this ghost town of a store.

Nonetheless, I wanted to join up & help contribute where I can, and before I get assigned a nickname after being seen out at Los Feliz. Which reminds me, does that TRU have some infamous regulars? I've heard Dirty Sanchez & El Puerco mentioned, but couldn't find any info in the archives on what they look like. There was a guy there this morning just chomping at the bit to get in the store. He was an older guy, with short white hair, and dashed to the SW section, moving quickly on when he didn't see the glittering gold of the UGHs. He seemed to know everyone that worked there, and chatted amiably in Spanish to one & all.

Anyway, that's my introduction. I'll be happy to stash if people are looking for specific things.

Fallbrook WalMart had a sh*tload of Star Wars this afternoon. At least 6 cases of Legends with the Darktrooper and they had piles of cases on the cart with no room to put them out. Saw a couple wave 4 cases in there with one wave 5 and a couple wave 6'es. They hadn't opened those when I left or I would have stashed you guys some Snowtroopers. They made a HUGE display of figures in two areas of the action figure aisle.

In non-SW news, my local Target brought me a case of CARS Movie Moments which had the Mia & Tia set and the Mr. & Mrs. The King in it. Only one of each per case. What is Mattel thinking? Sigh!

- J

Mattel is thinking of new ways to get people to stop buying their product. The led paint didnt work, so they will sort ship stuff.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Footer View Post
    Howdy, Just Founders!

I'm new to the forum. I found this board whilst searching for help in finding some of these 30th figures. I'm a passive collector, in that I'm interested in toys from the first trilogy, and I don't frequent the stores as often.

I drop my son at daycare in Glendale around 8AM, so I started haunting the Glendale Target (a.k.a. Deadwood) at opening. The first day I went (early Sept.), I scored some great Wave 4 stuff, and there was UGHs & McQuarries abound. After many subsequent morning visits, I realized it was a real fluke. Since then, the same pegwarmers have greeted me each time, to my dismay.

I went back to read the archives here & catch up on what's what. You guys are really helpful in your information & tips. I'm also fascinated to read about the dramas at each store -- shady managers, creepy scalpers & odd confrontations. It's wild!

Thanks to some of your info, I hit up the Los Feliz TRU this AM, and finally scored a CZ-4 (they had quite a few, in addition to a bunch of Animated Fetts & Umpasses). Before that, I trudged to Glendale Target & was surprised to see among the tired old Bousshes & Saesee Tiins -- one 4-LOM & one Imperial Officer. Wave 5 completely bypassed this ghost town of a store.

Nonetheless, I wanted to join up & help contribute where I can, and before I get assigned a nickname after being seen out at Los Feliz. Which reminds me, does that TRU have some infamous regulars? I've heard Dirty Sanchez & El Puerco mentioned, but couldn't find any info in the archives on what they look like. There was a guy there this morning just chomping at the bit to get in the store. He was an older guy, with short white hair, and dashed to the SW section, moving quickly on when he didn't see the glittering gold of the UGHs. He seemed to know everyone that worked there, and chatted amiably in Spanish to one & all.

Anyway, that's my introduction. I'll be happy to stash if people are looking for specific things.
    Welcome to the boards Frank Footer!

Was that guy bearded? If so, he is in all likelihood the infamous Dirty Sanchez. El Puerco used to go there a lot but I haven't seen him there lately. However, he can be found at La Brea Target and Crenshaw Walmart.

To me that Galleria Target is worthless as far as figures go. It sure doesn't help that their Saga Legends figures are more expensive than at other Targets.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Was that guy bearded? If so, he is in all likelihood the infamous Dirty Sanchez. El Puerco used to go there a lot but I haven't seen him there lately. However, he can be found at La Brea Target and Crenshaw Walmart.
    Thanks for the welcome! That guy might have been bearded -- he zipped around so fast I didn't get a good look. He moves like a veteran, that's for sure!

To me that Galleria Target is worthless as far as figures go. It sure doesn't help that their Saga Legends figures are more expensive than at other Targets.
    I saw that you had written that earlier in the year. Wish I'd found this board before all those wasted trips! I'll pop in once in while from now on, and will visit Los Feliz more often. I work at home & TRU is a 6-minute trip, so I can wrassle Dirty Sanchez & report on what I find!

Target West Hollywood has the 18'-tall Bumblebee robot out front still, up until Sunday. I finally dropped by and took a few cellphone shots. There's 2 security guards, kinda funny to think about.

Anyway, that Target had a Titanium Series BSG white Viper mk 7, I bought it. There was also a metric ton of the exclusive transforming-case Transformers Movie DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Footer View Post
    Howdy, Just Founders!

Welcome aboard Frank! I've been continuously underwhelmed by the new Glendale Target, I've taken it totally out of my repertoire. I've never actually seen (or IDed anyway) the infamous scalpers of which our gang talks, always been curious m'self.

Eagle Rock Target isn't a great finder, but it's lightyears beyond Glendale. I've been real hit-n-miss with our Los Feliz TRU myself over the years.

Anyway, happy hunting, and thanks for dropping by!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.