Page 251 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351751 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 10328
    Met up with Figgy B over at Burbank TRU this morning. They put out 1 case of Wave 6 & I grabbed the 2 McSnowies. The cards were purposely bent on two different corners (I mean REALLY bent as in folded over) and there was a razor blade cut in one of the bubbles. Pretty funny because I noticed Dazed & Confused was working and I was suprised the McSnowies made it to the pegs for once. Then I got a look at the cards. Doesn't matter to me since I was going to open them, but it still made me shake my head. I guess D&C got his fill of them before but didn't want anyone else to score so he destroyed the cards. The rest of Wave 6 had mint cards, of course.

Not sure which is worse at this point - Burbank TRU or Burbank KB. Speaking of Burbank KB, stopped by there the other night and some Forrest Gump looking guy in a KB uniform came up to me: "Are yew lookin' for anythin' in parrrticular?" I was like, "Yeah, do you have any new SW figures?" He went in the back to check, but he came out with nothing as I figured. "Yew should try our store downstairs - we have lotsa them Star Wars down there." I just laughed in his face. Next thing you know, the manager of KB (or is he the former manager...not sure) comes walking in: "You looking for Star Wars? Oh yeah, check out the store on the first floor." Another mind-boggling experience.

Anyway, Burbank TRU also put out one case of the new CARS - grabbed a Pit Crew Fillmore and a Pit Crew Hudson Hornet - they had the rest of the wave but someone else grabbed 'em. Saw Plumber Bob and he had a bagful of Johnny Lightnings, but no CARS. Not sure who grabbed them.

Then some goof in the parking lot asked me where to get the new CARS and I told him to try Panorama City Walmart. Hopefully he gets gangbanged over there.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Not sure which is worse at this point - Burbank TRU or Burbank KB. Speaking of Burbank KB, stopped by there the other night and some Forrest Gump looking guy in a KB uniform came up to me: "Are yew lookin' for anythin' in parrrticular?" I was like, "Yeah, do you have any new SW figures?" He went in the back to check, but he came out with nothing as I figured. "Yew should try our store downstairs - we have lotsa them Star Wars down there." I just laughed in his face. Next thing you know, the manager of KB (or is he the former manager...not sure) comes walking in: "You looking for Star Wars? Oh yeah, check out the store on the first floor." Another mind-boggling experience.
    -Snags
    Wait, is the guy who runs the downstairs scalper shop still working at KB? And the KB employees are reffering to that shop as "our other store"? That's f'd up! You should ask them to price match the upstairs store and see what he says...

Snags,

Thanks for the wave 2 WM Cars! You forgot to mention the mohawk goof asking if we were "ebay guys" and if we had Darth Malek. Is D&C the dude with the long hair in a ponytail? I don't go to that store too often but earlier in the year, I found the Soundwave reissues there, he saw me paying for one and said something like "ohh! I didn't know we got those in! I'm gonna get one for myself".

I hit La Brea Target later in the day. The sale doesn't seem to have had any effect on the pegwarmers. I did find remnants of GI Joe wave 2 and picked up a Cobra Red Ninja. There were also Cobra Legion 5 packs but I passed on it for the time being. I also saw Hurley from Lost walking past the toy aisle but not looking at toys.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Snags,

Is D&C the dude with the long hair in a ponytail?
    Yup - that's him. He is a true chumpasaurus rex.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Yup - that's him. He is a true chumpasaurus rex.

-Snags
    `

Chumpamus Prime is more like it!

Now I wish I would've just BS'ed him..."I got the last one...sorry man" or something like that. Jerk probably bought them all up!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Footer View Post
    Dang, JediTricks!

That's an impressive run of stores. I feel exhausted after hitting two stores in one day. It sure is tough running these toys down --

Thanks for the report!
    Jeez, JT! If you do another giant "loop" like that again, I'll halfway expect to see you show up at BCJ's or even my doorstep for lunch one of these days!

As Frank just said: "Impressive. Most impressive".
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

walmart stevenson ranch had about 5 cases of cars. dont really collect cars but some of you guys here do, i dont want to start getting into them, ill be even more broke. they had about 3-5 cases of legends. pretty much done with legends. i left them there untouched.

Met up with Figgy B over at Burbank TRU this morning. They put out 1 case of Wave 6 & I grabbed the 2 McSnowies. The cards were purposely bent on two different corners (I mean REALLY bent as in folded over) and there was a razor blade cut in one of the bubbles. Pretty funny because I noticed Dazed & Confused was working and I was suprised the McSnowies made it to the pegs for once. Then I got a look at the cards. Doesn't matter to me since I was going to open them, but it still made me shake my head. I guess D&C got his fill of them before but didn't want anyone else to score so he destroyed the cards. The rest of Wave 6 had mint cards, of course.
    Gee, I'm so glad I went to Los Feliz and convinced poor Jango Speck to meet me there instead. It's hard to believe how bad collecting has gotten in the past year in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Jeez, JT! If you do another giant "loop" like that again, I'll halfway expect to see you show up at BCJ's or even my doorstep for lunch one of these days!

As Frank just said: "Impressive. Most impressive".
    My feeling is that one of these days I'm going to snap and just keep driving east until I find something - that may mean my next post will be in the Just Found Arizona thread though.

BTW, that route I said I wouldn't do again - I pulled it today when my original plans fell through, exactly nothing new. I did however pick up 4 decent pumpkins for $2 a piece at Rosemead Hate-Mart.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

TRU Culver City seemed well stocked. If you're there, Star Wars is spread over 3 different areas. There's an end-cap up the front of the store, the "main" aisle display next to Transformers, and another small section in the next aisle over. They had heaps of 4-Lom and General Mcquarrie, a few Torture Hans, etc, but no blue cards or gold coins. The Target next door was much the same but had much more of the latest Legends wave (including all the droids), as well as Gold Coin Marine and R2-D2 (Ep 3 version), both on cards which appeared in good condition. (This was late on a Sunday afternoon too).

Costco at Marina del Rey had a whole PALLET of Ultimate Bumblebees for $69.99.

In Aus we are still only up to Wave 3, but the collectibles are unappreciated there, so Blue Card Chewie doesn't sell any faster than the other figures. Hopefully the same will be true of later waves. The McQuarrie convention exclusives which were dumped on TRU Australia and elsewhere have almost become pegwarmers... You have to clear them out of the way to get to the regular range. No-one appreciates their uniqueness and most are put off by the price...

If anyone sees or has seen a TF Arcee (Scout or Legends class, I'm not fussy) please let me know... my daughter has suddenly taken an interest but, of course, she wants the girl!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    My feeling is that one of these days I'm going to snap and just keep driving east until I find something - that may mean my next post will be in the Just Found Arizona thread though.
    Go far enough east and you'll wind up where these things come from. Just remember to bring back enough for the whole class.