Page 26 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036761265261026 ... LastLast

interesting Find

Found two Darth Vader TACs this morning at Target in Culver City, no coin album to be found. They were packaged by themselves anyone else seen this.

I'd guess they were returns by "coin collectors" who didn't want a repacked Darth

This is a new one in the annals of collecting.

But my guess is that they got $7 or whatever back on their purchase of the coin album by returning Darth.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, if Vader's card has a UPC like the rest I'm sure anyone can do that by returning it on another basic TAC receipt. I hope it doesn't become widespread, but I'd be lying if I didn't think it was a clever way to get rid of a figure you don't want without resorting to slightly more despicable practices like popping a Battlepack Mace Windu into a Wal-Mart Saleucami BP. Whoever got the albums just decided they'd rather have a Galactic Marine and Lava Miner with them than a pair of crappy Vaders. Did the Vaders still have their coins packed in? Someone probably WILL buy 'em... whether it's a fan who just wants Vader, or a parent for a kid who doesn't care about the coins, or someone wrongfully thinking it's a rare variant. Better than the ol' TRU Mega-Buy 2-packs of Bail & Bail, at any rate.

On Saturday I went up to Valencia again, no sign of the WM BPs, but I finally found Cruisin' McQueen from CARS, single-carded. So I'm pretty much done with CARS until the Yeti comes along. Also scored a 2nd McTrooper from Stevenson Ranch TRU, guess they didn't have any SW collectors waiting outside at opening, got there 10 minutes late and it was still on the front of the pegs! Found a Modal Nodes BP for $15 (down from $20 a week ago), and judging by the Fiery Doomsday I saw, I just missed the blue Supergirl from DC Superheroes.

Yes the Vader Coins were still in the packs but that brings up the point will less than honest people start just removing the coins.

That's possible. Is the coin album labeled, so you put certain coins in certain slots?

If so, it'd be strange that a coin collector would want the album and not Darth Vader - though there might be coverage for that with the Vader stepping on Obi-Wan's empty cloak, else two Vader coin slots in the same album. I don't know. I'm not going to collect the coins.

The other thing might be a "VRHTF" Coin Album with Galactic Marine or Airborne Trooper showing up on eBay soon enough.

Someone wants to try pawning this off and wants to make sure there isn't even a $7.15 cut in their profits.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yikes, that eBay thought hadn't occurred to me, Tycho. That's probably exactly what'll happen (even worse, super-rare coin album with McQuarrie Trooper -- or still worse, if they got McFett early! -- showing up). Ugh. Some poor schmucks are gonna go broke while some idiots make a quick buck.

I don't think the album's labeled with names, just numbers.

Bantha

I just got my Bantha from Toys R us and it looks pretty good, the hair looks pretty real like they took it off a little Irish Terrier.

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    I just got my Bantha from Toys R us and it looks pretty good, the hair looks pretty real like they took it off a little Irish Terrier.
    No. That was Britney Spears.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post

On Saturday I went up to Valencia again, no sign of the WM BPs, but I finally found Cruisin' McQueen from CARS, single-carded. So I'm pretty much done with CARS until the Yeti comes along. Also scored a 2nd McTrooper from Stevenson Ranch TRU, guess they didn't have any SW collectors waiting outside at opening, got there 10 minutes late and it was still on the front of the pegs! Found a Modal Nodes BP for $15 (down from $20 a week ago), and judging by the Fiery Doomsday I saw, I just missed the blue Supergirl from DC Superheroes.
    Toony, good to hear that you scored a Cruisin' McQueen carded single from WM too. i found one on saturday at the crenshaw WM.

to answer Commtech's question, i think we're not specifying exactly which Target because it's not one that very many of us frequent. the only ones to ever set foot in that store are probably Luuuuke and myself when i'm visiting family out there.