Page 262 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 10286
  1. #2611
    My stores are SO not getting any SW. I know one of my Wal-Marts has boxes of Wave 6 in its storage (buried and thus unaccessable) so it registers that the store doesn't need inventory.

    Meanwhile, both stores got in cases upon cases of Transformers Deluxes, so my guess is that 2008 BumbleBee will be easier to get - at least for the overnight hunter / scalpers.

    I want 5 McLeia Starkillers (loose, damaged, carded, whatever).

    I need the Ewoks only really - that's about all I'm getting of Wave 7. Oh and maybe 3 McHan's.

    And I hope to see Voyager Ironhide / Voyager Ratchet (original green) ship again, as now I'd pick those up.


    The McFigures are for background humans in my dioramas. I'm not a McQuarrie collector. But surely my uses for them (extras in Cloud City, Club Outlander, my Pod Race Audience, etc.) are better than any scalper's).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  2. #2612
    A Fireside Chat With Snags
    Today's Topic: Entertainment Earth

    The problem with EE is two-fold:

    1. The dumbasses moved their warehouse from The Center Of The Universe LA to Podunk, Texas - alienating their entire California customer base by making them pay tax and shipping, plus eliminating the convenience of will-call.

    2. EE is now a middle man (or, a "distributor") between Hasbro and smaller companies (who get a big price break if they buy in large quantities). The first cases EE gets from Hasbro go right to the guys who bought in bulk, not the collectors who might order one case. Even if you ordered a case 5 min after they put it online, there's a good chance you're going to get it 2-3 months later than everyone else (if you get it at all).

    To summarize: EE blows.

    -Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

  3. #2613
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    1. The dumbasses moved their warehouse from The Center Of The Universe LA to Podunk, Texas - alienating their entire California customer base by making them pay tax and shipping, plus eliminating the convenience of will-call.
    I think you'd be surprised by how many companies run their distribution out of Texas.

    ...and by just how not "Center Of The Universe" LA really is.

    2. EE is now a middle man (or, a "distributor") between Hasbro and smaller companies
    Which is a huge benefit for those smaller places that want to sell things like Star Wars figures, but can't afford to deal with Hasbro directly.

  4. #2614
    I read Snags' message with a heavy sprinkle of sarcasm.

  5. #2615

  6. #2616
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    My stores are SO not getting any SW. I know one of my Wal-Marts has boxes of Wave 6 in its storage (buried and thus unaccessable) so it registers that the store doesn't need inventory.

    Meanwhile, both stores got in cases upon cases of Transformers Deluxes, so my guess is that 2008 BumbleBee will be easier to get - at least for the overnight hunter / scalpers.
    I found tons of new TF deluxes at WM today. I even caved in and got an extra 08 Bumblebee thanks to your influence Tycho! My excuse is that some of the black stripes on my 1st one have chipped/rubbed off

    I also got Lady Jaye and Beachhead at the same WM.

    TRU Los Feliz still had a Cars Andretti on the pegs at noon time so I grabbed that one up.

    Glendale Target had remnants of wave 5

  7. #2617
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I found tons of new TF deluxes at WM today. I even caved in and got an extra 08 Bumblebee thanks to your influence Tycho! My excuse is that some of the black stripes on my 1st one have chipped/rubbed off
    Yeah, well if you never transform him, your paint aps will be fine. Open 2, leave 1 in each mode. Handle them both carefully when you do. (Of course you can transform him once in a while - carefully) Buy a 3rd for a carded back-up if you're still concerned. I mean am I a bad influence about this? Not really.

    We joke around a lot and my TF tagline is "these are transformers - they're not meant to be transformed." But while it's easier to sound like I'm kidding, $20 extra spent on BumbleBees says I'm not.

    Meanwhile, I found WAVE 4 of the COMIC 2-PACKS today at Target and my oh my is Baron Fel a great figure! All around super-articulation. A cool gun-in-holster. A lot of separable accessories from chest armor, TIE Fighter Pilot helmet, air hoses and control box. He's all-around nicely done and gave me pause to question whether A'Sharad retains his position as my top figure of the year (he does, but Fel warrants serious consideration - I just think I like the lightsabers and convertable Tusken weapon better).

    I also got the rest of the Galactic Heroes sets and Luke Dagobah w. Yoda on his back is seriuosly cute. Dang I wish I could refrain from saying that, but it wouldn't be honest.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  8. #2618
    It looks like I'll be getting my NFC wave 7 case in the next couple of weeks. (now that these are showing up at retail ) Any doubles will be up for grabs.

  9. #2619
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Meanwhile, I found WAVE 4 of the COMIC 2-PACKS today at Target and my oh my is Baron Fel a great figure! All around super-articulation. A cool gun-in-holster. A lot of separable accessories from chest armor, TIE Fighter Pilot helmet, air hoses and control box. He's all-around nicely done and gave me pause to question whether A'Sharad retains his position as my top figure of the year (he does, but Fel warrants serious consideration - I just think I like the lightsabers and convertable Tusken weapon better).
    Obviously I'm a LOT harder to please than you. Fel is gigantic, like ROTS Bail (my theory is they were sculpted by the same guy/team, particularly since Fel's got pretty big & gnarly hands like Bail, too), and his helmet's too small. It fits him fine, but it looks ridiculous if you compare a shot of him geared up with ANY actual still from the film of a TIE Pilot. The helmets are HUGE. Also, Hasbro's choice of aping specific pieces of art rather than the overall appearance of the character or common sense is leaving a sour taste. Luke's blue saber, NJO Luke's ANH/ESB hilt, Fel's cover-based reference (yet not on the included issue) meaning lack of gloves & goatee and addition of vambraces, yet NOT including an accurate sidearm (or, at least, one more accurate than the oft-used and completely INaccurate Scout pistol), Mouse's cover-based yet interior-inaccurate appearance (the latter also applying to Basso, since he lacks a pauldron), Luke & Deena's uber-cheap builds with incorrect ranks (and Deena's incorrect uniform, which is forgivable only because it's an SA female Imp body perfect for customizing), Mara's giant blaster, etc. Also not crazy about Hett's super-fat leather-wrapped hilt, though I really dig the figure a lot. Ankles would've been lovely on him, since his are rather warped.

    Despite my MANY complaints (sorry!) I still love the line, and love getting the EU figures. And Fel's gear looks FANTASTIC on a DS Gunner.

  10. #2620
    I agree with Toominator's points above - and still like my Fel figure.

    But with those points Toominator made, I think A'Sharad takes the cake.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO