Page 271 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371771 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 10414
  1. #2701
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroJow View Post
    How's this for a total mind-f*** in the Star Wars aisle?

    - J
    That's hysterical! That leia is 12 years old! I can't believe how out of touch Wal-Mart is. If those are returns, and I don't see how they can't be as that store opened in '98, how are we supposed to find new stuff there?
    I have little hopes for finding the Twins comic pack around LA. Maybe Valencia, or hopefully Wal-Mart.com.

    That reminds me, there was an article in Time this month about Wal-Mart restructuring that says the worst Wal-Marts in the country are Boston and Los Angeles. I say, I 100% believe that!

  2. #2702
    Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    That reminds me, there was an article in Time this month about Wal-Mart restructuring that says the worst Wal-Marts in the country are Boston and Los Angeles. I say, I 100% believe that!
    No doubt about it. That store in Panorama City is the drizzling sh*ts. And the other LA WM (on Crenshaw) isn't much better.

    -Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

  3. #2703
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    No doubt about it. That store in Panorama City is the drizzling sh*ts. And the other LA WM (on Crenshaw) isn't much better.

    -Snags
    What is it about 2-story WM's being total dumps?

  4. #2704
    TRU was the place to be for wave 7 today in the San Gabriel Valley. Hit the Covina TRU at 8 a.m. and there were 2 dealers there, but surprisingly, they weren't very greedy. I got 2 McHan Solos, Tycho and a Darth Revan and from what I could see, the other 2 dealers got a couple of McHans, but they didn't clean up the place by a long shot. There were still about a half dozen or more when I left. (one of the dealers there was part of a duo that just about cleared out Baldwin Park Wal-Mart of Masterpiece Starscreams last night. I don't collect these, but it was effed up to see them take two boxes worth).

    Different story at Alhambra TRU. Though it was an hour later, there was a buttload of wave 7, including at least a dozen McHans. Got one more McHan just in case a friend from a LOTR forum wants it and got two of the SAga Legends droids I had not gotten yet. Another collector just got a droid as he already had wave 7 from an online order. But some scumbag scalper with gray spiky hair cleaned the place out of all the McFigures. What a sh*t head this guy was. The collector I was talking with predicted he would do that the moment he walked in too. I guess he knows this guy.

    That's life in the Frank and Sons zone. Lastly, I went to KB toys in Montebello about an hour ago and no Star Wars TAC according to a cashier. But then I see two cases behind the counter. "These are already paid for," he said kind of sheepishly(seems like a nice kid, the cashier). Turns out, some dude, pretty darn sure a scalper called and asked them to hold them. I got on them a bit, pointing out that this KB already has a bad rep for letting certain scalpers get a free run of the store before the store even opens.

    He seemed apologetic, but said it was the 2 managers who do that.
    Galactic Barn Burner

  5. #2705
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    But some scumbag scalper with gray spiky hair cleaned the place out of all the McFigures. What a sh*t head this guy was. The collector I was talking with predicted he would do that the moment he walked in too. I guess he knows this guy.
    Grrrrr! That's the accursed Dirty Sanchez who dashes ahead of everyone in line at the Los Feliz TRU. He makes visiting the store very unpleasant.

    Wonder if the TRUs around here will be filling pegs with Wave 7 soon --

  6. #2706
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Footer View Post
    Grrrrr! That's the accursed Dirty Sanchez who dashes ahead of everyone in line at the Los Feliz TRU. He makes visiting the store very unpleasant.

    Wonder if the TRUs around here will be filling pegs with Wave 7 soon --
    Really? Would he come over to Alhambra though? He looked vaguely familiar. He's a notorious scalper, apparently. The fracker was just piling the McQuarries in a neat pile.

    By the way, I got an extra Revan today to customize and I replaced his head with that of the Obi Wan from the comic book ARc Trooper set and it fit and looked perfect. Looks even better without the hood. Obi Wan never looked so cool.
    Galactic Barn Burner

  7. #2707
    Using the magic power of the Force, I was able to procure Masterpiece Starscream today at WM Rosemead. I say through the Force because I called and had them look up the UPC, it showed 2 pieces in stock so I jumped in the whip and blasted up the 5 to the 10, only to get there and find 0 on the shelves - but luckily for me, one of the employees was incredibly helpful and brought me out the only one they actually knew the location of, it appears there's been some sort of shenanigans with these at their store.

    Very cool figure, not flawless but really nifty, definitely worth $50.

    Quote Originally Posted by MicroJow View Post
    How's this for a total mind-f*** in the Star Wars aisle?

    http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3...oto0475ai2.jpg

    That's the Pamorama City Walmart. At first I thought it odd to find VOTC Leia, Obi, Han, and Lando on the pegs (rang up at $9.94 each.) Then I noticed the regular carded figures. Red cards, green cards, Episode I, Episode III, Commtech, Heroes & Villains, Saga Legends, TAC... all co-mingling in disjointed harmony. The red cards were ringing up at 5 bucks each, Episode III at 50 cents each... I left 'em all.

    - J
    Hard to believe that s**thole could actually get worse, but there ya go! I may be taking them off my check-in-list altogether, but without them it's a pretty lame trip to Porter Ranch.


    Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    That reminds me, there was an article in Time this month about Wal-Mart restructuring that says the worst Wal-Marts in the country are Boston and Los Angeles. I say, I 100% believe that!
    No kidding! Maybe they should, oh, I dunno, not suck.


    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    No doubt about it. That store in Panorama City is the drizzling sh*ts. And the other LA WM (on Crenshaw) isn't much better.

    -Snags
    The closest WM to me, but there's absolutely no way I'll go there without a confirmed stashing or something, that is funkytown!


    Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    TRU was the place to be for wave 7 today in the San Gabriel Valley. Hit the Covina TRU at 8 a.m. and there were 2 dealers there, but surprisingly, they weren't very greedy. I got 2 McHan Solos, Tycho and a Darth Revan and from what I could see, the other 2 dealers got a couple of McHans, but they didn't clean up the place by a long shot. There were still about a half dozen or more when I left. (one of the dealers there was part of a duo that just about cleared out Baldwin Park Wal-Mart of Masterpiece Starscreams last night. I don't collect these, but it was effed up to see them take two boxes worth).

    Different story at Alhambra TRU. Though it was an hour later, there was a buttload of wave 7, including at least a dozen McHans. Got one more McHan just in case a friend from a LOTR forum wants it and got two of the SAga Legends droids I had not gotten yet. Another collector just got a droid as he already had wave 7 from an online order. But some scumbag scalper with gray spiky hair cleaned the place out of all the McFigures. What a sh*t head this guy was. The collector I was talking with predicted he would do that the moment he walked in too. I guess he knows this guy.

    That's life in the Frank and Sons zone.
    Ugh, that kills me to hear, Covina is one of my hits too. F&S really has ruined collecting in LA.


    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Footer View Post
    Grrrrr! That's the accursed Dirty Sanchez who dashes ahead of everyone in line at the Los Feliz TRU. He makes visiting the store very unpleasant.
    Oh man, are you sure that's the same guy? I don't see him as being "spikey" hair. I totally hate him at Los Feliz though, he's way pompous about his scalping.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  8. #2708
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    Really? Would he come over to Alhambra though? He looked vaguely familiar. He's a notorious scalper, apparently. The fracker was just piling the McQuarries in a neat pile.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh man, are you sure that's the same guy? I don't see him as being "spikey" hair. I totally hate him at Los Feliz though, he's way pompous about his scalping.
    I'd wager it was him -- he's ALWAYS at Los Feliz, except for this morning, so he could've been concentrating his lameness out that way.

    Luuuuuke's story was magical -- I don't know what I'd do if I saw pegs full of McAnything. Sigh --

  9. #2709
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    What is it about 2-story WM's being total dumps?
    Well technically speaking, Crenshaw WM is 3 stories

    All of my outstanding orders from HTS arrived today. The box with Revan, McVader and Roron was the worst packing I've ever received from them.

  10. #2710
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Well technically speaking, Crenshaw WM is 3 stories
    And all of them are the basement.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO