Page 297 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 10396
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    I saw a few w4 UGH cases this morning plus the new SW Transformers. I skipped the UGH's but got the AT-AT & Cody.

There's still one more McSolo stash in Burbank if anyone wants it.
    Crunchy, PM sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That's what I just said 3 posts above! Is there an echo in here?
    Well, great minds think alike.

By the way, we might be kissing the $19.99 Target battlepacks goodbye. Alhambra Target now has them marked for $21.99. I probably got the last one for $19.99 only because they put it in the wrong spot, where the ARC 170 battlepacks go. Those apparently are still $19.99.

I got a Coruscant clone pack at Alhambra this morning. Saw quite a bit of UGH figures today at two Targets. I don't collect those so I left. There was an Animated Fett UGH at West Covina.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    By the way, we might be kissing the $19.99 Target battlepacks goodbye. Alhambra Target now has them marked for $21.99. I probably got the last one for $19.99 only because they put it in the wrong spot, where the ARC 170 battlepacks go. Those apparently are still $19.99.
    I've noticed that Alhambra and some other Targets charge a dollar more for some things like the comic packs.

Glendale Target charges $1 more for comic packs.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    I've noticed that Alhambra and some other Targets charge a dollar more for some things like the comic packs.
    Torrance Target did that too.

I stopped at City of Hawthorne TRU around lunch time and all they had newish was a couple of Ewok 2-packs. I picked up another Stormtrooper becaue you can never have too many of those amirite?

TRU La Cienega (west LA) now has a stashed Spirit of Hayden figure, PM Funny Money for location (he stashed it). And thanks to Funny Money's stashing on the wave 7 entries I picked up!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, you asked for my thoughts on the Cody TF and they'll be forthcoming in one of the SW TF threads, I promise. Your reviews tend to set a high standard to live up to!
    Yeah, I know, it's so much I haven't done reviews lately either.

I think in this case they were enforcing it because he had more than 3 of some figures. But I'm not sure.

The way I see it, alls fair in love and collecting. We stash stuff even though we're not really supposed to do that. Some people even stash stuff until it goes on clearance.

You go up there and they enforce THEIR rule--tough nuts for you, and me.
    If you know a store has that policy, and they enforce it, you can always buy three and stash three, then come back and get the other three. It's a pain in the @ss but it's not the end of the world.

This is what scalpers and aggressive collector's sh*tty behavior has wrought. Like I said, I can live with this policy. I'm sure one day it'll work against me. But I'll live with it.
    Here's the problem, it's enforced selectively instead of universally, you send grandma in and they'll sell her all the figures she can get because she's a "customer" instead of a "collector". That's bad because it's discrimination. However, it's not entirely unwise because the product is there to serve their main customers, not collectors and scalper scum.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I keep a list by my kitchen counter of whatever I need to buy: paper towels, yogurt, juice - those sort of things are on my list right now.

I will run my errands at opportune "hunting times" when they pull pallets out or in the morning. If I find toys, I'll stay and buy the other items. If not, I'll try a different store. In that respect, I buy more than just the toys.

I am a regular customer. Just because I'm a male around 30 years old does not mean I should be suspect. Actually, most of the scalpers are older.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

I am a regular customer. Just because I'm a male around 30 years old does not mean I should be suspect. Actually, most of the scalpers are older.
    I think after a short while a lot of employees can tell who a lot of scalpers are. They have a certain look and they carry themselves a certain way. It's stereotyping, but it's pretty true. And yes, quite a few are up there in years.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Here's the problem, it's enforced selectively instead of universally, you send grandma in and they'll sell her all the figures she can get because she's a "customer" instead of a "collector". That's bad because it's discrimination. However, it's not entirely unwise because the product is there to serve their main customers, not collectors and scalper scum.
    It is enforced selectively, but grandmas aren't a big demographic of Star Wars buyers, so... More often than not, if they're going to enforce it, they'll enforce it pretty much across the board, I imagine. It's not perfect. But like I said, I can live with it.

Collecting isn't fair. Children get screwed over more than anyone because of adult collectors and scalpers. If you don't happen to have a network of friends who also collect Star Wars, or even forum buddies, you're screwed because it's unlikely you'll benefit from stashing. Stashing is a great tool for many, but it always screws your average customer.

It's only "fair" that Target screw us all in this "little" way. What goes around comes around. Collecting isn't for the faint of heart.
    Galactic Barn Burner

I think after a short while a lot of employees can tell who a lot of scalpers are. They have a certain look and they carry themselves a certain way.
    Yeah, they generally carry themselves through the doors of Target at opening time and speed-walk to the toy aisle to rape the shelves of everything real collectors and kids would want then take the multiples of the same toy up to the checkout lane five to ten minutes after store opening so they can jump in the car and head to the nearest TRU before they open so they can do the same thing.

Repeat as necessary.

Enjoy.

Keep Litter in its Place.