Page 387 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487887 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 10424
    Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    Gree, trooper and Panning Droid up on HTS now
    Limit one each per order! Don't forget the AAA discount!

La Cienega TRU (sorry, late post),.. Stashed-
    Evo packs,- Sith, Vader Secret Appr., and Fett sets, along with more GI Joes: Snow Job, Crimson Guard, Armored Cobra Commander, Rock & Roll (x2) and Lieutenant Torpedo

PM me for location,.. BTW, they are stashed in the same place
    Hide it, Post it, and PM it.

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    Last time I was there there was a card tournament starting. The man running it was clueless and made 3 kids leave the store if they didn't want to play. $5 bucks or leave.
    This is just no way to run a business. There was a dealer store (actually several) near me and the owner was very cool and became a friend. He let everyone hang out there like it was a daily convention. I used to go sometimes just to see new stuff if he got his hands on things from China before they hit our shores.

I made the friendships I have with local collectors I'd see out and about, often when we were then hanging around this dealer store. It was THE place to chill, such that I used to buy fast food to-go, offer to pick up some for the dealer (not pay for it, mind you) and me and several collectors would chill, eat our lunch there, and watch movies in the store.

Because this guy was so cool, every once in a while I'd give him business - often for vintage ships or things I couldn't buy new at regular retailers.

I miss those days for sure!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    La Cienega TRU (sorry, late post),.. Stashed-
    Evo packs,- Sith, Vader Secret Appr., and Fett sets, along with more GI Joes: Snow Job, Crimson Guard, Armored Cobra Commander, Rock & Roll (x2) and Lieutenant Torpedo

PM me for location,.. BTW, they are stashed in the same place
    you have a PM

This has got to be the worst case of figure swapping ever.

I went to Duarte Walmart today and found that at least half the Evolutions packs on the shelves had all the figures swapped out with the cheap military action figures Walmart sells. There were also 10-15 of the SW comic packs that had the comic wrapped around the front of the package to conceal the fact that there were no figures at all in the package. Another collector actually took the merchandise to customer service to point out that they've basically been robbed. They said they'd look into it, but in the mean time, they actually put he toys back on the shelves.

I feel sorry for the kids that will get one of the comic packs and open it up to find nothing.

Some assmunch did that at target manhattan Beach. There was a FU Evo pack with Luke, Darth vader, and I forget the third guy. All older molds.

If anyone collects wrestling figures, I found Classics series 17 at City of Hawthorne TRU. Picked up Nation of Domination Rock, and I'm your Papi Eddie Guerrero.

Mentioning swapped/stolen figures, I forgot I saw 2 Tie Interceptors at Van Nuys TRU yesterday. I was going to stash, but then I realized both were taped back up with that white-ish gift wrap tape, and seemed really light to me. I swear one of the boxes was so light it might have been empty. Something was rattling around inside, like cardboard or something. They may have been old regular tie fighters. Either way, they were not complete. I should have opened one, but that store was such a mess I couldn't bother.
    Their computer showed 19 Mighty Muggs, with only 3 on the shelf, but no one knew how to track them down. The customer service girl helping me was very nice, but was looking online (TRU.com) to find info on them. Since they weren't on the site, she said they don't sell them.
    TRU needs some competent people working CS, who know what they are doing, and care about theft, if they plan on staying in business - again.

A big thanks to Funny Money for the GI Joe stash
    I only took Sgt. Flash and the Wild Weasel/Ace pack so the rest are still there if anyone else was interested.

I found my first SA 501st Trooper at La Cienega TRU this morning (also bought maroon pit droids and battle droids to qualify for the 3 for 2 offer)

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    A big thanks to Funny Money for the GI Joe stash
    I only took Sgt. Flash and the Wild Weasel/Ace pack so the rest are still there if anyone else was interested.

I found my first SA 501st Trooper at La Cienega TRU this morning (also bought maroon pit droids and battle droids to qualify for the 3 for 2 offer)

Hey Fig, was the snake eyes still there? I need it for a friend. LMK.

Was in need of some laughs today so I stopped by Burbank TRU. Saw Chef Boyardee stomping around with a case of the BooBoo Face. He shot me a mean look as I walked by him on the way to the (barren) Star Wars section. If I didn't know better I'd say he was looking for a fight.

He seemed a lot happier as the jolly Hasbro rep that would roll into local stores and stock shelves once a month. He is now a broken man, just a cog in the wheel of the Big Scalper Machine. RIP Lame As$.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]