Page 43 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast
    My Target's shown no signs of TAC wave 2. I didn't go Thursday, however.

Today they had stocked:

New Unleashed packs with Tuskens, Greedo/Garindan, Jawas/R5 etc. That stuff looks good actually, but I don't want to collect it.

BattlePacks: Geonosis and Dagobah X2

Vehicles - new (old) case:
    Vader's Sith Starfighter
    Hailfire x 2
    AAT Tank
    White TIE Fighter x 2

Figures (all Saga):
    AT-AT Driver
    Yoda x 2
    Jango Fett
    C-3PO w. Battle Droid head option
    R2D2 Hoth
    Darth Vader Bespin
    Luke Endor
    Endor Rebel (white)
    Obi-Wan (TPM)
    Obi-Wan (E3 GB I think)
    Anakin x 2 (E3 GB also I think)
    General Grievous

Maybe I'm missing someone from my list, but it wasn't any TAC or anyone new.

I have to give them credit for this: if newbies enter the isle, they would have much of what they need. I am starting to see guys (approximately 30 years old) show up who I've never seen before. A guy quickly ducked out of the Star Wars toys when I arrived late today (8:05 am). They didn't have anything I missed though. That much I could tell.

But I don't know if he was a newbie or an alternate-area-shopper (like a guy away from his home-store). I didn't figure him for a scalper though. He didn't look like a scalper*

*How a person can look like a scalper (before they have toys in hand):

- they've worn the same clothes all week.
    - they are unkempt, like they don't need to take care of themselves because all they do is stalk retail toy isles.
    - they look like they live between retail store openings and swap meet hours without much sleep
    - they carry themselves anti-socially such that they aren't enthusiastic about the stuff so much as they don't see their lives getting any better so they can do anything else.

- An "eBay fat cat" might not fit this stereotype. They're pretty dangerous, too. As they've been successful doing this somehow. They might be proprietorship store owners, but usually the ones smart enough to not have Hasbro direct accounts.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Funny what you see when you don't work a day and you can hit the stores that open at 10 a.m.

Went to KayBee in Montebello mall and the store wasn't even opened yet, and I see two guys, including one I know is a dealer at Frank and Sons, already in there. The "shutters" were lowered almost all the way down too.

So I guess these guys have some special privilege. There was no TAC, otherwise I'm sure they would have grabbed it. Instead they went straight for the little cars, Hot Wheels, some other stuff.

Montebello TRU had literally no TAC basic figures. Just looking for the Fett at this point. I'm guessing some of these guys really don't work. I mean, I see them all the time around 8/9 a.m. at Target, but now I'm realizing they're also hitting stores at 10 a.m., and dressed casually. Do they even work? Is scalping their job? Are they their own bosses? Do they have flexible hours, or do they skip out of work? WTF?

I did hit the Pico Rivera Wal-Mart and they had two Galactic Marines and an Airborne trooper. I passed. In fact, I've passed on about 10 Galactic Marines since I got my ningth. I've been seeing quite a few of these, but less Airbornes.

But apart from the one Concept Stormtrooper I got in the very beginning, I've never found a single concept figure.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Got to Burbank Target at 9am and grabbed a Han and Rebel Honor Guard. No signs of Order 66 at the registers.

I left there around 8:20... in the next 40 minutes someone bought ALL of those sets?! Even after my purchases & stash, the shelves were pretty full! Were the Transformers still there on the top shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post

I left there around 8:20... in the next 40 minutes someone bought ALL of those sets?! Even after my purchases & stash, the shelves were pretty full! Were the Transformers still there on the top shelf?
    And I left there probably 10 minutes after you toon! There were a bunch of those. Someone spent close to $500 buying all of them! I didn't know you needed more JS, otherwise...

Some of the online dealers are selling the Order 66 packs for double and triple the price, so you know they have to get these exclusives directly from the stores. I wouldn't be surprised if every so often dealers--wehter online or Frank and Scummers--send people out to clear the shelves. Having plenty of stock on the shelves isn't good for their business, so they have to create a demand. Order 66 shouldn't be that hard to find. But I bet dealers/scalpers make it hard to find them eventually. That's why i think if you can afford them and want them now, you shouldn't wait just because you're seeing them right now.
    Galactic Barn Burner

I noticed someone's been doing that with the JLU figures there, I think. The Headphones "buy out the pegwarmers and return 'em later or elsewhere" method. The other day there were two pegs completely full of Batman & Superman, and one almost full of the same plus a Steel. Now there's only that one almost-full peg left! The worst part is, whenever it's stocked again, the leftover Bats, Supes, Flashes, and GLs will clog the pegs up just as quickly, so I hope whoever did it won't return 'em there now or it'll be ages before a new figure shows up.

Or, someone could've just stashed 'em all in hopes that the empty pegs would get filled?

I didn't really look at the first few registers, but as I walked down to the open register in the middle, I didn't see any leading up to it or after it. Normally I see the Transformers on the first/second register, but today I just ignored them. If anyone has extra Wave 2 stuff, I still need Biggs, Luke, DS Trooper and a Fett.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    Funny what you see when you don't work a day and you can hit the stores that open at 10 a.m.

Went to KayBee in Montebello mall and the store wasn't even opened yet, and I see two guys, including one I know is a dealer at Frank and Sons, already in there. The "shutters" were lowered almost all the way down too.
    That would tick me off. They must have either paid for their priviledge, or established relationships, or maybe it was an ethnic thing (people working in management of the KB being of the same ethnicity as the scalpers, thus bending the rules for them - I've seen that happen).

I'm guessing some of these guys really don't work. I mean, I see them all the time around 8/9 a.m. at Target, but now I'm realizing they're also hitting stores at 10 a.m., and dressed casually. Do they even work?
    Well, I don't scalp, but I could shop then, and dressed casually as well. I'm really medically disabled now, but I have a herditary illness and was an only child. Since my father died from kidney disease (and I lost my mom to cancer), for the time I have left (which could be 2 years to 30 with a transplant or two), I won't have to work. Only-heirs have advantages. They just don't have family any more. That being said, I'd have no reason to scalp toys though. I buy for me, (occasionally army build) and when an opportunity presents itself, others I trade with in San Diego for the past 10 years and some folks on this site.

But when I was working after college, I was a financial planner and a local government officer. I was in a suit and tie when I had appointments, and tried to schedule them all after lunch, though I often attended meetings until as late as 10 or 11pm at night. I could shop retail toy isles until 1pm (not that I did), but all unshaven and wearing my sweats (not that I did - but sometimes, especially when I got up late for "Target Time.") So I might've "looked" like a scalper even while I worked as a professional. As of lately, I don't even have to look like a professional, but usually prefer to if I don't just barely get out of bed to make the store openings.

Is scalping their job? Are they their own bosses? Do they have flexible hours, or do they skip out of work?
    Any or all could be the case. If you'd prefer their lifestyle, adapt your own (maybe not by scalping - there's what I estimate as a low-income field). It doesn't matter if you'll get $150 for a Celebration Exclusive figure. That's a lot for maybe a minimal amount of non-professional work, but it doesn't cover the rent.

But apart from the one Concept Stormtrooper I got in the very beginning, I've never found a single concept figure.
    I think the Concept Figures are big scalper-bait right now. The thing is, all of them, including Fett, will be out again in case revisions by Christmas time. Hasbro (if packing them 1 per case) has a business goal of making so much money over their outlay for any given injection mold they cast for a figure, and certainly the concept figures are costing them in their early quarter returns. So please pay $30 for a $6.99 figure.

Let the scalpers continue to think they're making a lot of money: $20-40-60 a day (how many of the Fetts could they come by in one day anyway?) and mind you that if you worked retail all day (8 hr shift at $8 an hour) - you'd make the same amount. Scalpers aren't getting rich. They instead run all over the place every day, worried about beating other scalpers and collectors, do make what a guy who never went to college does - or even less for every day they don't find anything or can't sell it. And if they live with their parents forever, they might save money. Or if they are fellon or non-English speaker, or just a non-socially-integrated individual, it is their opportunity to carve out some semblance of an occupation they can do without having to be liked at a hiring interview. (Honestly, would Target even allow Headphones to work there?)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    I WAS at Burbank Target... probably on the other side of the store getting soup

Got there in time to see the doors open, but only Plumber Bob was grabbing TAC figures (the other guy similar to Headphones' outfit of jacket & backpack was there rifling through the TSCs only, it seemed). I grabbed an Honor Guard, then Bob spun around and pushed his Honor Guard and Concept Fett into my hands! Weird! He told me later by the Order 66 sets that he's trying to cut back, so maybe that'll work out for us. I put one Honor Guard back, picked up the other & Fett, as well as the Anakin/Airborne and Mace/Marine sets (Anakin for me, Mace for g/f's son) and after stashing some other Order 66s I found another Ilum pack freshly placed on the clearance endcap, so got that for the boy, too.

Turbo, PM sent for the Order 66
    Thanks dude! I'll head over there soon! Man if any of you see any of Wave 2 I'd like it. I haven't seen it yet. A few Honor guards and at least one Fett would be Killer! I have to work tomorrow so I can't hunt tomorrow. Just before I got out of work they said they needed me to come in. DAMN!!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)