Page 445 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545945 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 10289
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I also got an Indy figure from Disneyland yesterday. They were plentiful even during the evening so it looks like the window of opportunity for the scalpers has come and gone.
    Weird! I went the next day, still plenty and I also bought one, but it's weird that you went Thursday and I went Friday, and then I also have a friend who went Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Stopped in burbank mall b/c I couldn't resist Dairy Queen (there's only like 5 in all of LA!) so I went to KB.
    Dude, good guess, there's exactly 5 of 'em within a 25 mile radius of Hollywood. 9 in a 50 mile radius. (I chose Hollywood because I live here and there USED to be one at Sunset & La Brea).

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    The acrylic car display case I found at TRU has been discontinued- dangit!
    Rats, I've been putting off buying 'em for years, I have 3 cars I want to stuff in 'em actually. WM only carries the smaller 1/24th scale boxes, they're worthless. I don't wanna risk getting them in the mail because they crack somewhat easily, a lot of the ones I've seen at TRU lately are busted.

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsMom View Post
    Damn. Does the La Brea Target tend to get better stock in than the other stores in the area? All the Target's I've been to lately have been completely wiped out on figures. I'm still debating if it is worth it to drive from one end of LA to the other for a couple of figures. Ugh!
    No, that store is incredibly hit-or-miss and often picked over too fast. Target in general has been a bit of a letdown with SW stocking.

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsMom View Post
    I went there today for the heck of it. I don't think I'll bother with that store again. Meh!
    Thanks for confirming my gut feeling, since I started driving last year that's pretty much the only Wal-mart I won't go to, and I'm sorry you had to go instead but at least we have good intel now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Saw the four new Hasbro 12" Indiana Jones figures today at Walmart. If I had to think of one word to describe them, it would be: junk.
    Another gut reaction of mine confirmed, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    One good reason to go: Ship to store feature of the walmart.com website. That's how I intend to collect their exclusives, because I'm certainly not going hunting there.
    Unfortunately, some of their exclusives don't make the site, but you make a good point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    Just read on one of the Hasbro Q&As that this years UGH, the "1st Day of Issue" will only be in the first wave of figures released on 7/26. That's really going to sux even more for anyone attending SDCC.
    It's actually worse than that, it's UNLIKELY that the majority of midnight madness figures will actually have those stickers because it's the figures sent out intending to be shelved on that date, but Hasbro always early-produces and then ships later cases that also hit stores at that time, and the cases are "first in, last out" at most of the retailers, so for the first few weeks it's going to be a battle to get 'em. I don't personally care except for how it affects my fellow collectors. SDCC is going to be difficult for us collectors because the figs come out midnight preview night, and the X-files movie also comes out at that time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Got 3 more mail in GI JOE Docs today!!!! I ordered a total of 5 in 2 separate orders, using flag points for the extras.

Yes I know, I need help too. If figures were drugs, I would've OD'd a while ago.
    Still waiting for my one.

My father in law brought me a Disneyland Indy figure tonight- and he actually went out of his way to find one with a good card/bubble- even though I'm gonna open it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Weird! I went the next day, still plenty and I also bought one, but it's weird that you went Thursday and I went Friday, and then I also have a friend who went Saturday.
    Making it even weirder is that my original plans were to go on Friday! Apparently I felt a disturbance in the Force regarding high temperatures, greater crowds and the presence of a certain board mod.

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsMom
    Damn. Does the La Brea Target tend to get better stock in than the other stores in the area? All the Target's I've been to lately have been completely wiped out on figures. I'm still debating if it is worth it to drive from one end of LA to the other for a couple of figures. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    No, that store is incredibly hit-or-miss and often picked over too fast. Target in general has been a bit of a letdown with SW stocking.
    Target has been golden for me lately with SW stocking! Then again, I'm probably as responsible as anyone for the picking over at La Brea Target. Though I did notice that around 6-8 Transformer Voyagers were wiped out over the span of 2 days, none of it by me, mind you.

SWMom, it probably isn't worth it to drive around everywhere across town to visit other Targets. Sticking to a few stores and hitting them consistently seems to work better. La Brea just happens to be one of the closest to me and I seem to have great success so I keep going, usually at opening or a few minutes afterwards. Eagle Rock and Glendale are also close but as I haven't had the same amount of success, I don't usually make either or those my first stop when I'm out hitting stores.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Making it even weirder is that my original plans were to go on Friday! Apparently I felt a disturbance in the Force regarding high temperatures, greater crowds and the presence of a certain board mod.
    Sounds more like Highlander, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! We put off going on Splash Mountain until around 6:30, and by the time I got off the ride it was dusk, our log was hit extra hard with water on the right side and my pants were soaked until after 1am!

Target has been golden for me lately with SW stocking! Then again, I'm probably as responsible as anyone for the picking over at La Brea Target. Though I did notice that around 6-8 Transformer Voyagers were wiped out over the span of 2 days, none of it by me, mind you.
    And only how many months after I got my TAC '08 figures off HTS? Is that the first nice thing you've said about LaBrea Target?

SWMom, it probably isn't worth it to drive around everywhere across town to visit other Targets. Sticking to a few stores and hitting them consistently seems to work better. La Brea just happens to be one of the closest to me and I seem to have great success so I keep going, usually at opening or a few minutes afterwards. Eagle Rock and Glendale are also close but as I haven't had the same amount of success, I don't usually make either or those my first stop when I'm out hitting stores.
    I used to think as you did, until the dark times, until the scalpers. Actually, Bran is right IF you can really pound those stores, hit them day in and day out at opening and then sometimes make a second pass in the early afternoon. But I hate that one, so I head as far away from Frank & Sons as I can get usually, and even that's dodgy. In fact, sometimes the F&S zone is actually pretty decent for collecting, then it'll get CRUSHED again and all will be sadness. That's what I hate about collecting these days, the inconsistencies of the shopping and stocking patterns.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sounds more like Highlander, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! We put off going on Splash Mountain until around 6:30, and by the time I got off the ride it was dusk, our log was hit extra hard with water on the right side and my pants were soaked until after 1am!
    Ha! Well, that's what you get for getting on it so late! On a sidenote, those ride operators need to figure out better ways to distribute mass. There was one time on the Grizzly Rapids over at DCA that my raft had a family of heavyweights on it and they were all on one side so the raft would submarine a bit and allow tremendous amounts of water to flood over us.

And only how many months after I got my TAC '08 figures off HTS? Is that the first nice thing you've said about LaBrea Target
    It's actually the TFU wave that the store has been getting lately. I'm sure I've said nice things about La Brea before. At least more than I have for Glendale or Eagle Rock or La Cienega or either of the Pasadenas or Burbank.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Just got back from Frys and they still had INDY figures out. All I saw were the two-packs, Indy with the ark, and the 12". They also had multiples of the foil stamped Transformers and the new Hulk figures, which did not appeal to me.

When you guys mention the Indy two-packs, are you referring to the Galactic Heroes character packs? And which Frys location are you referring to if you don't mind me asking? Thanks !

I used to think as you did, until the dark times, until the scalpers. Actually, Bran is right IF you can really pound those stores, hit them day in and day out at opening and then sometimes make a second pass in the early afternoon. But I hate that one, so I head as far away from Frank & Sons as I can get usually, and even that's dodgy. In fact, sometimes the F&S zone is actually pretty decent for collecting, then it'll get CRUSHED again and all will be sadness. That's what I hate about collecting these days, the inconsistencies of the shopping and stocking patterns.
    Yes, Target & TRU's stock lately has been absolute crap as far as SW figures go. With gas prices as high as $4.13/gallon you really don't want to come back empty handed when you make a big toy run. I dream of a day when stores have plentiful stock. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok888 View Post
    When you guys mention the Indy two-packs, are you referring to the Galactic Heroes character packs? And which Frys location are you referring to if you don't mind me asking? Thanks !
    I'd also like to know which Frys. The Manhattan Beach Frys has never carried good stock of any figures.

Found GI JOE wave 7 today at Target!!

Headphones was there, but he was late. All he could grab were his precious Ben10 figures. Plumber Bob was ****ed to see Headphones. I don't think anyone likes him.

Indy Update

Stopped by Fry's this morning and picked up all 3 of the Wave 1 Indy 2-packs. It took me almost 15 min to find one of each with a decent paint app. I'm not a "Needs to be a perfect paint app" kinda guy, but the paint apps were HORRIBLE on 90% of them. Most of them were either cross-eyed or one eye looking forward/one eye crossed. Just terrible.

I already ordered this wave (along with all the other Indy stuff) from HTS for 20% off and free shipping, so I'm saving my Fry's receipt just in case the stuff that shows up from HTS have paint apps as crappy as the majority of the ones I saw today. If they do, I'll use my Fry's receipt to return 'em.

Not sure if anyone here has found them yet (I think Jody mentioned he has come across them), but does anyone see a sloppy paint app problem with the basic Indy figures? I was really looking forward to them...hope they don't look "rushed" as most of these figures did.

They also had the 12" Indy figures, but I already weighed in on those. They are terrible. To say Hasbro is not trying to appeal to collectors with the 12" line is an understatement.

Also, my "early bird" Clone Wars Clone Troopers arrived today from Hong Kong (via Ebay). Very cool figures - looking forward to getting more (but not looking forward to the feeding frenzy at SDCC when they're finally put on sale).

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]