Page 453 of 1030 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553953 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 10291
    were any of you at La Cienega TRU this morning? I was there and there was a new face hitting IJ, GIJs, and SW. Just curious,.. Looked like another case of IJ (or case reminants) went out, lots of IM Mongers if anyone still needs him, Lando, Leia, Cody, Jango SW MMs, and TRU exclu. Hoth wampa and Stap speeder BPs.
    They are remodeling the entire store so older fig cases, i.e. McStormie, are being found in the backroom and put out
    Hide it, Post it, and PM it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    BTW, how ya doin' dude?
    OH I'm doing OK today. Thanks for asking. I might get out and about this weekend. My head is finally not all dizzy and crap. One last cycle of Chemo starts the not this Monady, but the next, so I try to do something fun if I can before they practically kill me with 5 days 5 hours of treatment. Then tons of tests and most likely surgery. I really can't wait to just be normal again. Dr says SDCC will be a go. I'll put off the surgery if I have to.

Hey while you all are feeling bad for me, LOL find me some Shadow stormies and all the others in that wave that don't exist will yah!!!!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I started driving last year, and my first toy runs were epic distances, but gas prices were a big contributing factor to my disinterest in continuing that trend (that and the relative levels of failure, and Hasbro's site being helpful plus it has a nice 15% AAA discount).
    I am not the least bit surprised. After 13 years, it is not the same game it used to be.

Obviously gas prices have changed a lot since I once could fill up for like $1.50 a gallon or something.

I made toy runs every afternoon after school, then I started going before school (in college).

By "staking out the isles" waiting for stuff to be stocked on shipment days (especially at Toys R Us), I met the other 6 guys I "team-collected with." I made close friendships I still have to this day - though we're not so close anymore (people graduated, married, started families, and had to buy houses out of San Diego's price-prohibitions. Life went on AFTER Star Wars - 2005.)

Now, there's not as much reason to go to the stores, and yes, HTS is very helpful - especially since I'm not army-building any more, really. I think 2006 saw the last of my troop building. In 2007, I only needed like 4 Galactic Marines and actually bought the most of CZ-4 (5 figures) for droid scene-fillers.

Meanwhile, I think there should be Nazi figures. The more common place they are, the less interesting they are. To be restricted, forbidden, it invites more intrigue in the attitude those that want to be deviant show towards them.

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a Satanist, not really knowing anything about what Satanism was about, and likely not believing there actually was a Satan (I don't now and likely never did). But I liked the idea of shocking people with "how bad I could be." If marching around with a swastika on (or buying a brigade of Nazi action figures and posting pictures of them) is a way to get negative attention, you can trust me, the more deviant it is, the more appealing it will be. It's the same with hanging nooses.

Being prejudiced is a little different from being racist. I think the latter actually pursues acts and policies that discriminate, the former just holds (often negative) preconceptions - which can be destructive - but are not necessarily intended with malice.

Modern Nazi worship, down to the level of negative attention seeking for amassing Hitler's army with action figures, is different from advocating Jew-hatred and trying to promote genocide and fascist totalitarianism.

However, I am certain that since my family did not experience the Holocaust and I was born more than another generation after that, I cannot feel the same way about seeing the swastika as a person who's around 60-90 years old today.

They will have different sensibilities about their grandchildren playing with Nazi action figures.

I honestly don't relate and would not predict even a "Concentration Camp Liberation Playset" would promote history repeating itself and another Holocaust.

Actually, with questions about taste and video games out there like Grand Theft Auto IV, why hasn't someone created "Border-Runner" where you play a Mexican national trying to outwit the Border Patrol and sneak illegals into the USA? They could even market the game in English and Spanish!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Get Well Soon Turbo!!!

Strange find this morning at Target...which was obviously a return. There were 5 2006 UGH's hanging on the pegs...

Boba
    Grievous
    Anakin
    Obi-Wan
    Han

They were all pretty beat up too, but I guess someone, somewhere didn't need them anymore.

LOTS of IJ figs too. No Joes, no JLU, no DCU, no Cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    OH I'm doing OK today. Thanks for asking. I might get out and about this weekend. My head is finally not all dizzy and crap. One last cycle of Chemo starts the not this Monady, but the next, so I try to do something fun if I can before they practically kill me with 5 days 5 hours of treatment. Then tons of tests and most likely surgery. I really can't wait to just be normal again. Dr says SDCC will be a go. I'll put off the surgery if I have to.
    Glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better. That's a lot of chemo in 2 weeks, but hopefully the benefits will be long-lasting. Sucks about the possibility of more surgery, but putting off surgery for SDCC, sounds like something Tycho would do. And clearly, that ain't normal!

Hey while you all are feeling bad for me, LOL find me some Shadow stormies and all the others in that wave that don't exist will yah!!!!
    Yeah, we'll run right out and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Meanwhile, I think there should be Nazi figures. The more common place they are, the less interesting they are. To be restricted, forbidden, it invites more intrigue in the attitude those that want to be deviant show towards them.
    Wrong as usual, but I'll get to that in the crass thread you started on the matter.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Finally had a good shopping day.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    were any of you at La Cienega TRU this morning? I was there and there was a new face hitting IJ, GIJs, and SW. Just curious,.. Looked like another case of IJ (or case reminants) went out, lots of IM Mongers if anyone still needs him, Lando, Leia, Cody, Jango SW MMs, and TRU exclu. Hoth wampa and Stap speeder BPs.
    They are remodeling the entire store so older fig cases, i.e. McStormie, are being found in the backroom and put out
    Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the Stap & Hoth BP's and a Raiders Indy figure with the Golden Idol seeing as he is the classic iconic Indy.

Dropped by a couple of other places:

Target near S. Bay Galleria had a good stock of Indy figs if anyone is looking for a good selection. SW stock was crap.

TRU near Del Amo mall I picked up a Shadow Stormie and a Crimson Empire comic pack.

I also found and stashed a Neyo and a Crimson pack. If anyone is interested in these items PM me for details.

Fedex dropped by today with my non-attending Transformers Botcon 2008 "Shattered Glass" Boxed set. Couldn't be happier!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    I'm the first one to say the Indy line has its share of problems (mainly the paint apps). But if you've ever purchased ANY Hasbro Marvel Legends figures (truly the sorriest excuse for an action figure line there is) you are not allowed to rip on the Indy figures.

-Snags
    Sorry Snags, but they suck even more than the MLs. But that's just my opinion.

Went to Target just to get some printer ink and to get out of the house and I saw a bunch of IJ figures. All the Indy figure suck. The 3 that were OK were the Motorcycle, the big guy with the sword and Sala. To me the line tanks. I'm not going to buy any of it. I love how they took pegs from SW for this trash. Sorry Snags, but you need to return those figures. Beside we need to save up for the McQ 1-1 Helmet.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Actually, with questions about taste and video games out there like Grand Theft Auto IV, why hasn't someone created "Border-Runner" where you play a Mexican national trying to outwit the Border Patrol and sneak illegals into the USA? They could even market the game in English and Spanish!
    As long as you could play on the American side and shot the illegals it might fly. Although as us in CA can see there's not much to outwit.
    (Like my posts)