Page 463 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473513563963 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 10328
    Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    I'll tell you why... 'cause they are CRAP!
    But Han Solo himself likes them! Check out his toy haul posted on the UK's Daily Mail.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I don't think any of those are action figures. Besides, the Indy potato head is cool!

He's got the 12" indy, the whip and Potato head! That rules.

Harrison wanted to buy a few 3 3/4" figures too, but he couldn't find a good paint app.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    But Han Solo himself likes them! Check out his toy haul posted on the UK's Daily Mail.
    Ha! It looks like he bought one of the much reviled 12" and the even more reviled cloth snake -errr whip.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags
    Harrison wanted to buy a few 3 3/4" figures too, but he couldn't find a good paint app.
    ain't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    He's got the 12" indy, the whip and Potato head! That rules.

-Snags
    God I hate it when he wears that earring.

Harrison has an adopted 7 year old son. I bet the toys are for the boy. Otherwise, he's possibly assembling a "one-of-everything" collection to autograph for a charity. I just don't see him as wanting these things for himself. IF he were changing his tastes in his older age, I'd call it a senior-moment. But I don't think that's Harrison for you. I'd be very curious to learn how he finds Star Wars these days with a 7 year old son.

Meanwhile I went to Target this morning for my first time in a while.

There was a guy with a backpack who came in and bought a gold coin Dark Trooper and the Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter Vehicle.

I think guys with backpacks are getting around by bus or bicycle, but I DO wonder if some are scalping. But this guy's purchase of the Jungle Cutter VEHICLE didn't suggest that, since scalpers usually go for cheaper items AND this guy never looked in the Hot Wheels isle at all.

Anyway, they had every Indiana Jones product out finally. It prompted me to think of an idea for another type of figure collecting that I'll post in the "other toys section - or general discussion." I liked looking at the stuff but wasn't really interested in buying any of it. I suppose if I did NOT already have a Star Wars collection, getting into something like this would be interesting, but as it stands, I was not tempted.

I bought a Tri-Droid that must have been a return or found-stash or something. I needed 2 more, and there was 1 right on the pegs. There was no other figure from that Wave 1 though (and No TFU Wave 2 either). They had a Neyo on the pegs, but I don't want him (I have the speeder bike set).

Oh, in the 12", I thought the Jones figures looked pretty good. I played with the talking one for a little while. The only one they did NOT have was the German Officer. I'd be interested to take a look at him. The Mutt Williams figure is a pretty good likeness for Shia LeBouf, too.

BTW: with the 3 3/4" figures, I think the likenesses are pretty good. I've seen complaining, but I'd like them enough to buy them, once again, if I wasn't already dedicated to SW and that is basically enough.

Oh, lastly, they had The Incredible Hulk toys out on display. There's only 3 figures? Honestly, super hero toy lines can be pretty sad. I think Batman has the best villain rogues gallery, and Spider-Man is next. X-men is a war, so they do pretty well, too. The Hulk stuff rather bored me. The last time around, with mutated dogs, it was sort of interesting I guess.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Burbank Target had a full case of old Legends out today, including a Dark Trooper. They also had a full case of FU, but the Shadow Guard was missing. Sounds like the black-pauldron Sandtrooper is not coming, as it was a Hasbro photo goof (according to RS/GH).

That large-wing white Tie is still at TRU, and tempts me every day. I absolutely have no place to put such a monster, but that's not gonna stop me from getting the BMF Falcon later on...

I picked up one each of the FU Stormies this morning at Burbank Target (for some part-swappin fun) and Snake Mutt for an eventual Sam Witwicky custom. No Joes, just Comic Packs (a couple twins, Destro/Breaker, Ace/WW, SS/SE #2, a couple CG/Scarface)

Titaniums were also full. I almost bought the fiery Jedi Starfighter for the novelty of the paintjob, but it's just too garish. A couple 181st squints & Mace JSFs, some T-16s, a few AOTC Royal Cruisers as well as plenty of AT-STs rounded out the assortment beyond whatever leftovers were there. I think Hootie made off with the 2nd hot-rod JSF.

Possible new scalper: a guy was wandering the aisles on the phone, describing toys to the person on the other end, sounding shocked that someone else in the store found a tube-packaged Bumblebee "just sitting there" among the other tubed TFs. He moved on to the Spidey toys (animated) and said "There's a lot of Doc Ock here, that means he's common. There's two of Spider-Man in the black suit, but he looks cool anyway*. Venom would be another good one, if he was here." ...gave me the impression of a scalper. He came around to look at Titaniums and asked me if there was anything hot or new.

*as if more than one on pegs means "common", or so it sounded to me

I lament the fact that I will never be able to buy an action figure of myself to share with my children. If only every dad could have that experience.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I lament the fact that I will never be able to buy an action figure of myself to share with my children. If only every dad could have that experience.

The closest that that has happened to someone I know, is a friend who voices a video game character and the figures from that game are coming out soon (don't remember the video game, I'll ask). He isn't famous or anything, he's just a voice actor, but he is very excited about "his" action figure coming out.