Page 49 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    Arrgghh!! What's up with TAC? Either we got spoiled with saga last year or hasbro is really cutting the distribution of the new stuff.

I feel exactly like you do CommTech.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Full pegs of Saga today at Burbank Target. No signs of TAC figures or ships.

Yup, we had all the Saga stuff restocked. It's an active skew (waves 9, 10, and revisions) until the end of May I'd been told. (So get your Kashyyyk Clone army, etc.)

I got the newest GALACTIC HEROES today. I bought 3 sets of 4 two-packs (one set each for my pals James and Darren - RScummers who are local here that I've traded with for 11 years).

A guy in a Navy uniform came in and bought Boba and Jango Fett from the Saga Revisions. I wonder if he's doing like I'm doing - making a Mandalorian squad - or if he thought they were the "hot" Fett figures and he was going to try to scalp them instead of the Concept Coin Figure from TAC?

Another guy who said he's from Riverside County (Temecula area likely) was asking me all kinds of questions. He said he was in town to take care of his injured brother. Maybe. His questions made me sort of cautious, as he sounded like a scalper looking for info. My store's actually out of Lushros Dofine or I'd promote him as "the super-rare and VHTF Separatist Commander" . But the guy was nice. I was a stranger to him, but he talked to me a lot. He'd been in the Hot Wheels isle first, too. So I wonder. He was also holding a Tantive IV Battle Pack and when I told him it was $20, he put it down fast! He'd initially been excited because it came with Darth Vader. But I showed him he could get a single carded Darth Vader figure from the Saga wave because they're rare and VHTF . He asked me if I was going to sell the Galactic Heroes I was picking up. I'm sure I was snotty when I explained I almost never sell and rarely buy anything on eBay and explained that I was only there at the store opening because my friends and I like to get the stuff for retail cost and won't ever pay more at all. Like I said, he was nosy but nice enough. I honestly don't know if I should have been friendlier. But my instincts weren't telling me that this guy was just a collector like a lot of us.

However, leaving with 3 of each 2-pack or a stack of a dozen GHs, I'm sure I didn't look as innocent as I am. But I phoned my friend while I was in the store and he asked to meet me Saturday and pick up the rest of my load from me. So, that's the way we do things. Except for the Hoth Troopers, I have no further plans to buy Galactic Heroes at the present time.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Burbank Target also had the new GHs. Cute buggers, all of 'em! One TAC peg was empty, the other had a Kashyyyk BD set and CW Kit on it, overflow from the packed TSCs. Anyone wanna army-build R5-J2? You can there! There was also a red-holo Rieekan, one of the only truly 'rare' figures of TSC. The helmetless Combat Engineer seemed to be gone... maybe Hootie caved the other day?

Picked up the Brown Variant Bantha BP at Burbank TRU today. It was the last one on the shelves. Looks very different from the light colored set.

Picked up the new wave of Galactic Heroes today at Burbank Target, along with an extra Gunner/Royal Guard pack and an extra Ponda/Snags (need to paint the extra Snags blue of course).

Stashed the other Gunner/Royal Guard pack - if anyone wants it, PM me.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Anyone see a V-wing? Where the hell are they?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I can't find them either Turbo. They were all gone that day I got the Sith Infiltrator (that I know you want so badly )

Anyway, I get the feeling one of the Hot Wheels guys and the other regular Star Wars collector at my Target don't like me.

I've never done anything to them, but I may be (at least for the past 18 months or so) the new face at "their" Target since I've moved away from my old "lucky" Target.

Now I say "hello" and talk to some of them, some of the time, but I think they resent me for 2 reasons:

1) I'm new on their turf - which might have been "their turf" since at least 2004 or earlier, and I arrived late 2005. (not that I touch the Hot Wheels at all anyway)

2) Because I don't work. Those guys are off to their jobs after they hit the stores, but from talking to me, they know I go home and get back into bed. They know as well as some of you might, that I kind of have to. I know I'm lucky to be in my financial situation, but I don't need to suffer more stress and blood pressure issues (which nearly killed me in the first place) so that I can have solidarity with the rest of the world that works. If you were in my shoes, you'd be making the same choices that I do in that regard.

But anyway, since I don't butt into their conversations much or anything of the sort, I'm not even annoying by my behavior or conversational additions. I mean I know I like being a pariah at times when I'm trying to be, but when I feel like I'm being relegated that role without any reason for it, that can irk me.

I thought about it today because the one Hot Wheel guy brought a retail bag over to the Star Wars guy's car before they approached the door for "the waiting." They glanced my direction (could have been at the door - but you know me and my paranoias), and though I suppose it wasn't my business, I asked what was in the bag when they approached. They wouldn't tell me and joked that it was "crack." I didn't get upset (visibly) but I just instinctively thought to myself, "clandestine toy deal."

Any ideas what's up?

I got the Bantha set today at the Montebello TRU. I think it was the only one left. I don't know whether it was the variant one or the regular one. They had remnants of TAC 2, only 3 each of Han and Luke. This was around 6:30 p.m.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I can't find them either Turbo. They were all gone that day I got the Sith Infiltrator (that I know you want so badly )

Anyway, I get the feeling one of the Hot Wheels guys and the other regular Star Wars collector at my Target don't like me.

I've never done anything to them, but I may be (at least for the past 18 months or so) the new face at "their" Target since I've moved away from my old "lucky" Target.

Now I say "hello" and talk to some of them, some of the time, but I think they resent me for 2 reasons:

1) I'm new on their turf - which might have been "their turf" since at least 2004 or earlier, and I arrived late 2005. (not that I touch the Hot Wheels at all anyway)

2) Because I don't work. Those guys are off to their jobs after they hit the stores, but from talking to me, they know I go home and get back into bed. They know as well as some of you might, that I kind of have to. I know I'm lucky to be in my financial situation, but I don't need to suffer more stress and blood pressure issues (which nearly killed me in the first place) so that I can have solidarity with the rest of the world that works. If you were in my shoes, you'd be making the same choices that I do in that regard.

But anyway, since I don't butt into their conversations much or anything of the sort, I'm not even annoying by my behavior or conversational additions. I mean I know I like being a pariah at times when I'm trying to be, but when I feel like I'm being relegated that role without any reason for it, that can irk me.

I thought about it today because the one Hot Wheel guy brought a retail bag over to the Star Wars guy's car before they approached the door for "the waiting." They glanced my direction (could have been at the door - but you know me and my paranoias), and though I suppose it wasn't my business, I asked what was in the bag when they approached. They wouldn't tell me and joked that it was "crack." I didn't get upset (visibly) but I just instinctively thought to myself, "clandestine toy deal."

Any ideas what's up?
    You don't work and have the $ to buy SW, Cool. Sounds like you are doing pretty good medically and financially.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)