Page 509 of 1030 FirstFirst ... 94094594995055065075085095105115125135195596091009 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 10291
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    6.64 to 7.99 -- that's a big jump for Target and I won't be staying in the hobby if they maintain this price & go up from there. I hope walmart is low and TRU isn't higher than target. I've seen some of these CW figs and they are definitely not worth $8, and not worth more than 6.64.
    Remember these things are made out of OIL... they are transported in machines which burn OIL... a price increase was inevitable.

Also remember that the going rate for TAC figures was $15 pretty much everywhere in the world outside the USA. I'd LOVE to be able to buy CW at $8 in my local TRU, instead of hoping to find the right store on the right day at the right hour during my down-time in LA...

Anyone here prowl stores in southern Orange County/Costa Mesa area? It's now "home away from home" for me and I'm still feeling my way around...

Since I won't be able to goto Comicon, who's gonna be in town waiting in line for midnight madness? I'll be hanging out at Burbank TRU, but I'm not sure how early I can get in line. I just hope I don't see Chubby13 at the head of the line...

Also, I just bought Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii, but I'm strapped for cash so I'm selling it for $45. I've opened it, but it looks brand new. Let me know before I put it on the Bay.

Picked up the GI JOE DVD battle packs at Target Manhattan beach this morning. Had a girl get them from the back for me. As I left I could see the manager chewing out the poor girl for getting them for me. What a douche.

I know TRU has an exclusive, but I've calculated that I will save at least $42 by getting my stuff from Wal-Mart. Any opinions on this? (where to shop?)

Could you just buy enough from TRU to get the Exclusive and then finish at Wal-Mart, or is it not worth it for many of you?

I too would like to keep Toys R Us in business. But their markups on this big release is a bit much to bear.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

stores' respective CW & Legacy figure prices?? Anyone? Bueller?........Bueller?............... I've asked on 3 different forums -wtf???

I wished I could help you. I was concerned about the vehicle prices. $1 here or there doesn't make too much difference to me with the figures when I buy vehicles and could save a lot of money on them. I just figured that where the vehicles are cheaper, the figures will be as well.

But I have no intention of buying ALL the figures. I'm not a collector. I'm doing dioramas and as such, I want like 3 SCUBA Troopers, 2 Mon Cal, 3 Quarren, etc. and I probably will NOT be buying Snowbunny Padme or any astro-droids, etc.

So my concerns about the figure prices might be different from yours.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    stores' respective CW & Legacy figure prices?? Anyone? Bueller?........Bueller?............... I've asked on 3 different forums -wtf???
    What's the big deal- they'll probably be a dollar more than last time around. If you're trying to save 36 cents, go to WalMart. If you want to pay too much, go to KB Toys. If you want to pay the average price, go to Target or TRU.

TRU didn't have as much selection as Target or WM during the last Midnight Madnesses, but TRU is the one that makes "the feeling" of MM happen and they support the industry. I would buy stuff that you could get at either for similar pricing (I wouldn't buy the Falcon at TRU if it's $180 when I could get it elsewhere for $150).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Burbank TRU had plenty of stuff at all the MM's I went to.

If I remember:

AOTC - Different TRUs did and did not get the Royal Guard, Luminara, and Taun We which was in later assortment 3 repacks. I think they got everything else.

ROTS - TRU did not have the ARC-170 and I had to get that at Target in the morning. They also didn't have the ARC-170 pilots and the figures that were packaged around that assortment.

It all worked out fine, because it was less I had to immediately worry about at that particular instant.

But you know: I had everything released within probably 8 hours and barely any driving as Toys R Us and Target were off the same freeway exit.

This time, I live around the corner from a Target, but Wal-Mart will be open at midnight and has the best prices.