Page 517 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 174174675075135145155165175185195205215275676171017 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 10414
    I was at a San Diego area Target at opening twice this weekend and was surprised that there were no collectors/scalpers either day. I managed to get all 3 SW battle packs (Hoth and both sets with the speeders). The most surprising find was all 3 new GI Joe comic packs.

The Mission Bay MM was not as crowded as I expected and I think Hasbro also might have expected more. Got everything I wanted except a Rex, even though there were about 50-60 people ahead of us. TRU had so much of everything and piles of cases behind the curtains. There was a noticeable scalper presence based upon the composition of their shopping carts. One guy had about 20 scuba troopers.

There are a lot of SW leftovers hanging around town, but I did find a few new Comic Packs again, as well as the new GI Joe Comic Packs. Got a lot of reading to do...

I just heard on NPR that you guys had a decent sized quake. Is everyone all right?

Got my 2 Captain Rex mail away figures yesterday. Of course one of them was crushed and the other one was perfect.

Stopped by Target on the way to work today and managed to pick up a couple Cobra BATS and Snow Serpents. Didn't see any of the new Target SW battle packs.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I just heard on NPR that you guys had a decent sized quake. Is everyone all right?
    It woke me and then I went back to sleep. I just felt it wasn't going to be a big one. But I'm in San Diego, so the LA guys would have been closer to the epicenter of course.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Man SDCC was awesome this year. I had a great time with 2 wonderful girls! Good to see you Mike, Jeff, Rich, Pete and oh yah Chip. BTW where the hell were you SNAGS? Anyways I spent too much $ on art. I bought a cool vintage SW insert poster and the lame Anakin bust and that's it with SW. Some of the Art was fantastic. I spent most of my time talking to the artists. Hasbro was a let down, but I knew it would be. SSC Vader and troops look pretty good, but we will see in a year if they look like the protos and we all know they usually don't. Saw lots of TnA which was very nice. I thank the Evil Cheerleader for not wearing fish nets and having her mini skirt bottom above her rear. Very nice and trashy! I love it!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I'm okay. I was at work when it hit, didn't feel it but heard some rattling and just assumed it was the construction crew outside.

Back home, I had a few toys on display like Masterpiece Optimus fall to the floor but other than that, everything's okay.

Turbo, I saw Snags at the con as well as a lot of the people you named but where were YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Man SDCC was awesome this year. I had a great time with 2 wonderful girls! ....
    .......Saw lots of TnA which was very nice. I thank the Evil Cheerleader for not wearing fish nets and having her mini skirt bottom above her rear. Very nice and trashy! I love it!

Wow, looks like good ol' Turbo got some Hugh Hefner Gamma Blood injected during chemo!

He's back ladies and gentleman!!

Great to hear you're in good spirits again my friend!

ps. Does that mean you are now going to collect Indy figures and mighty mugs? Hope not.

ps2: Let's go to Hooters to drink, eat and watch some TnA. I'll buy! (seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post

ps2: Let's go to Hooters to drink, eat and watch some TnA. I'll buy! (seriously)
    hey count me in, theres one is burbank right? naw just kidding. if anybody finds the new gi joe figs, please stash. Man the new Gi joe line looks awsome from comic con, there goes at least another $400-600 dollars. i felt the earthquake was pretty long, some of my toys feel at well, couple gi joe and kubricks.

The quake rattled the hell out of me, that's for sure. As I've mentioned in other threads, I am in the midst of renovating my apartment this week. . . So I was high up on a shaky ladder painting my kitchen ceiling when it hit. And it definitely made things interesting to be sure as I first thought the blasted ladder was just giving out on me or something.

My Los Feliz apartment rolled quite a bit. In fact, it felt very much as if the ground had turned to jello. . .

But then it was over. Nothing broken. Or knocked over even. Heck, even the recently purchased Yarna was still standing. . . Just a couple of hanging light fixtures a swinging.

I dunno. Even this North Dakota boy is now a jaded Angeleno as my first thought --- as the quake seemed to go on and on forever --- was: "Oh, great. Now the walls are gonna come crashing down and I've only just gotten them painted at long last!"

Hit the Toys R Us on La Cienega coming back from dinner. Nothing of interest. I was hoping for a few ROTJ figs. But truthfully, I only want the blasted blue R4 B.A.D parts. Any army builder got any spares they wanna trade for loose figs or cash? Lemme know.