Page 520 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 204204705105165175185195205215225235245305706201020 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 10395
    Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    Some Wave 2 Legacy clones up on HTS, code for 10% from Comicon good till August 10th is comic2008
    Thanks for the heads up! I still needed a Padme. They also have Rebel Pilots Evo - Set #2 is the one pictured so hopefully that's what I'll receive. Gotta cross my fingers on that one.

Tonight Wal-Mart had a Rebel Pilots Evolution set. I'm not sure which one, but it was the one with Ten Numb and Wes Janson.

As much as I'd like a Janson figure, I turned this set down. I have enough Ten Numb figures and I'm not really sure who the girl is. I hope they'll use the body mold for a Jaina Solo pilot figure at a later date though.

Anyway, I might buy the OTHER Rebel Pilots Evolution set. I'm going to have to search online for a picture of that tonight, as I want to see who comes with it. The Twi'lek girl, Doc, is definitely a selling point of that one. Doc appears in the Rogue Squadron comics. She was a flight tech before she became a pilot herself.

Janson needs an X-wing pilot outfit (that's the snowspeeder look he's sporting in the Evolutions set) and a fully removeable helmet so you can see the hair on his head, rather than the pilot's skull cap. They could go that route with Hobbie and Tycho as well. (Not me - but the comic book character.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

found the (Edit) Padme Evo set at Target. I didn't stash the second one, but PM for details. Found the rest of the wave 1 & 2 legacy too. Did wal-mart stop selling those exclusive droid packs? Also found transformers Universe Onslaught and Powerglide at TRU (last ones) and Target (one powerglide and 3 onslaughts left). PM me for details.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

There is a Leia Evo set? I thought it was Padme only. Or is that what you mean?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Anyway, I might buy the OTHER Rebel Pilots Evolution set. I'm going to have to search online for a picture of that tonight, as I want to see who comes with it. The Twi'lek girl, Doc, is definitely a selling point of that one. Doc appears in the Rogue Squadron comics. She was a flight tech before she became a pilot herself.
    I think you've got your lekku crossed. Doc was a pilot in Red Squadron, not Rogue Squadron (she appeared in the badly-thought-out yet fan-embraced Darklighter arc in EMPIRE; only appeared in a flashback in X-wing: Rogue Squadron #1/2).

Koyi Komad was a Twi'lek who was the chief mechanic for Rogue Squadron through most of their comic adventures and mentioned in a couple of the books, who later married Nrin Vakil (who looks pretty great in that Comic Pack!).

Maybe Doc was a tech before she joined Red Squadron as a pilot; Wookieepedia doesn't mention it and I never read all of "Darklighter" after seeing that they made Biggs an Imperial and conveniently cut the portion of the Tatooine scene with Luke that made it clear that he was NOT an Imperial, nor was the Academy he'd gone to and Luke wanted to attend. Oh, and seeing the open-faced TIE helmets and learning they were 'artistic license' also pushed me away from it

Anyhoo, Burbank Target had an Ewok set this morning, with a half-peeled 1st Day sticker on it. Great set, Nippet could've used head articulation just for fun. Hardly anything else, pretty disappointing start to the weekend.

Dropped by Burbank TRU after 11 and saw a couple ROTJ leftovers & a bunch of CW-wave leftovers (Obis, IGs, ARC Gunners). They also had a couple B-wings, gotta pass for now.

Thanks for the correction Toominator. Yeah, I did get that confused. Aside from Aayla Secura, I've gotten bored by most Twi'lek female characters and tend to ignore them...ASIDE from Aayla Secura.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I didn't feel like seeing the La Brea Sat. crowd (El Puerco, The Geezer, Mophead and the Best Western brothers) first thing in the morning so I opted for the Glendale/Los Feliz crowd.

From Glendale Target and LF TRU, I picked up a few Legacy figures that I was missing. Actually passed up some 1st day Chewies as I'd like to open them. Not that I couldn't open 1st days but I figure that I'd leave them for anyone going for complete MOC 1st day sets.

I stopped by La Brea Target afterwards and found TF Universe Powerglide!!! Thank you El Puerco for not buying it earlier in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I didn't feel like seeing the La Brea Sat. crowd (El Puerco, The Geezer, Mophead and the Best Western brothers) first thing in the morning so I opted for the Glendale/Los Feliz crowd.
    !
    Haha! I know El Puerco, but but who're those other guys? Pretty good names.

Picked up a LEGO Imperial Landing Craft at Burbank Target for $13 today. Trying to lie low this weekend (broke after SDCC last week).

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

The Geezer is a really old guy - looks like he's 70+. Mophead is a young guy with curly hair that looks like a steel scouring sponge. Best Western bros. are these 2 dudes that go in wearing Best Western uni's, just like El Puerco with his mechanic or tow truck (so that's where he gets his money - by severely overcharging!) Usually at opening, El Puerco, Mophead and Geezer walk in formation with El P in the middle, Geezer to his left, Mophead to the right. It's hilarious b/c they march in like they own the place!

If anyone finds an extra Movie-Masters-Demon-Batman chase for me and buys it or stashes it I will become your slave for a whole week.