Page 537 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 374374875275335345355365375385395405415475876371037 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 10401
    LOL! It's alright, I don't want to be territorial. It is a pain in the butt to compete with so many, but still, it's everyone's right to visit any store. I just wish the lurkers would participate more in this threads by helping each other like we've all done here with the stashes and stuff. Or at least cooperate with info on sightings.
    Seems to me like not too many people want to go to North Hollywood because they don't want to deal with Hootie. WTF?!
    I'll be going back to Burbank, though. It's much closer for me.

Oh, Plumber Bob also told me there was a runner today. As soon as the doors opened, this guy ran like crazy to the toy section. It's been a while since we've had one of those here in Burbank.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    PB only recognized one collector: the guy who drives a mercedes and always wears a handsfree on his ear (Is that the one you nicknamed Blackberry, Snags? LOL!).
    Yeah, bro - that is him!

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

I saw Blackberry there last week. Was shocked to see so many people waiting (compared to the usual for the last few months, when a heavy day would be me, Commtech, PB, & Bobby). I wondered why in the world he'd be there of all places, since Marvel Legends & Burbank Target don't mix usually.

I ordered some Joe vehicles from HTS and the Wolvie/Forge Legends 2-pack. Not super crazy about their sculpts, especially Wolvie's heads (more Jim Lee-style would've been nice) but really wanted a couple blue-n-golds from the era when I started reading X-Men. And since it's my birthday, I wanted to get the new VAMP which I originally got on my 5th b-day (my introduction to GIJoe was that b-day! VAMP, Rock-n-Roll, Breaker, Snake Eyes, Stalker, and maybe Zap; can't remember if I got a Cobra Trooper that day or not. All before swivel-arm battle grip, with the hard & brittle plastic that had 'em all missing at least one thumb by the time I was 6. I think I got some SW toys too, but the Joes stole the spotlight from SW & my Darth Vader "May the Force be with you" candle); also ordered the RAM & Trubble Bubble, both of which I never had originally, and a HISS Tank since it's such a fun toy & the driver'll be good custom fodder.

I never realized that Hootie was such a terror since by the time he gets to my local stores, he usually leaves empty handed.

Got to Burbank Target at 8:05, and nobody was there. Must've cleared out fast! They put a few Evos out, so I got the 2nd Rebel Pilot set. Pretty nice, but they all could use a bit of custom tweaks to improve 'em. Then I went to Glendale Target & picked up Grievous' starfighter. They had an Even/Yaddle & a Quarren Soldier if anyone's interested... otherwise same ol' stuff as everywhere else. No Marvels, naturally, at either place.

So seems like Culver city TRU and Target aren't getting anything good for the last few weeks I've been visiting. I heard there is someone who works at that TRU that takes all the good stuff first, anyone know if this is true?

I found an MM Joker at Crenshaw WM, of all places!

The one day that I don't go to Glendale Target and they have an Even/Yaddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclizm1 View Post
    So seems like Culver city TRU and Target aren't getting anything good for the last few weeks I've been visiting. I heard there is someone who works at that TRU that takes all the good stuff first, anyone know if this is true?
    Yes, there is. That employee has a collectibles store (if you can call it that) inside an swap meet on Beverly Blvd. on the east side of the 101 in a mexican ghetto area (I'm mexican, so I'm not trying to offend, just describe). It would be a waste of time for you to visit that TRU trying to find anything good or "hot". Although, I've heard he's a bit ignorant regarding toys (since he doesn't collect at all) so he might miss picking up a few things and they might make it on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclizm1 View Post
    Isn't Big Lou's Collectables also across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    Isn't Big Lou's Collectables also across the street.
    That too. And those 2 reasons are why I never visit that TRU.