Page 538 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 384384885285345355365375385395405415425485886381038 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 10416
    Do you know his name? I want to report him and the store manager to their corporate office.

[FONT=Courier New]I'm in Portland, OR, but I read this thread so I can see if things I am waiting for have made it to the West Coast and I thought I'd share this story because the current discussion reminded me of it. You've all been talking about various collectors and people running through the doors at opening time and what not and I'm just curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]About a week or two before July 26th, I got to see a Target shift manager dress down 2 Hot Wheels collectors (both of whom were older than the manager) because one of them shoved around a 3rd guy. All 3 of these guys all but RAN through the doors when the store opened and speed walked through the store, cutting through various departments to get to the Hot Wheels. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The guy who did the shoving told the new guy, "if you don't like it, find another store" and "I'm gonna go tell security", but the shift manager cut him off and told the 2 "regulars" to get along, and stop acting like children over a dollar childrens toy (actual quote) or he'd ban them from the store. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I lurked around behind the dollar item area just to hear it. I almost burst out laughing. Fortunately I haven't seen anything like this with SW collectors and hoepfully I never will again since I am for the most part done with getting up early on Saturdays to make my toy runs.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Has anyone ever gotten to see something like this, i.e. a manager or employee of a retailer telling a collector or two (two of these guys were way out of line) to grow up?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclizm1 View Post
    Do you know his name? I want to report him and the store manager to their corporate office.

..........pm'd ya!

Double Headphones sighting this morning. Still trying to track down TLC w3 & SL w2, so I hit a bunch of Targets on my way to work. At my 2nd Target, Headphones was walking out with no less than 4 bags FULL of stuff. I tried to use my X-Ray vision and see what he made out with, but I had no luck. Needless to say the pegs were bare by the time I made it to the action figure isle.

Knowing that he takes the bus to get around town, I raced to another Target up the street, hoping to beat him there. The only thing I found was a lone Even Piell/Yaddle so I grabbed that.

I figured I could try one more Target before I had to get to the office, and guess who came waltzing in as I was leaving? Headphones! He was carrying his Target bags, and this time I could see that they were stuffed with Ben 10 figures...lots of them.

I don't know if any of you know this, but I found him on Ebay. Here's what he's got for sale for this week...

Headphones on Ebay

Today's Haul

Found some TLC Wave 3 this morning at Glendale Target - picked up 2x Death Star Engineer, 1x Saluecami Trooper, 1x Holo Dooku (which I only bought for the droid part) and 2x Coruscant Clone. Still need Evan/Yaddle and Joda Kast.

Also picked up some CARS: Lightning McQueen (Chase version w/bumper stickers), Leroy Traffik, Roman Dunes and Kathy Copter.

Stashed a Saleucami Trooper and a Roman Dunes at aforementioned Target if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post

I don't know if any of you know this, but I found him on Ebay. Here's what he's got for sale for this week...

Headphones on Ebay
    He's making like 1 or 2 bucks per transaction after ebay and paypal fees and other expenses. Is it really worth it? Wouldn't he make more money flipping burgers?

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    He's making like 1 or 2 bucks per transaction after ebay and paypal fees and other expenses. Is it really worth it? Wouldn't he make more money flipping burgers?
    He sure looks like he makes around $50 a week. He could easily be mistaken for a homeless person.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by bluesnags View Post
    he Sure Looks Like He Makes Around $50 A Week. He Could Easily Be Mistaken For A Homeless Person.

-snags

LOL!!! :d

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Did I mention he takes the Bus everywhere he goes? I've seen him getting on with a his hands full of Target bags.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Did I mention he takes the Bus everywhere he goes? I've seen him getting on with a his hands full of Target bags.
    They shouldn't let him on a bus with regular people. Can you imagine if you had to take the bus and then Headphones sat next to you? That would suck.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]