Page 565 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 10363
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I'm selling off my prequel vehicles (most of them). If there's something you are missing, send me a PM and I'll sell it for retail.
    Now that it's officially the last quarter of the year, has anyone heard when Toys for Tots toy drives start up in LA? I've left messages at the numbers I could find on the web, but there isn't much info, and no reply yet. Anyone know if TRU will be doing it. Or any other organization for that matter that takes new toys.
    With Clone Wars starting, my surplus Star Wars stuff might be more appreciated by kids.

Saw Dooku and Asajii Mighty Muggs at NOHO Target an hour ago. Only saw Anakin and Rex once in the past couple weeks though.
    Nothing for figures I want right now, till the Cantina wave comes out.

My experience last year was that the Toys for Tots drop off sites are disappearing in the SF Valley because TfT is not picking the stuff up in a timely manner, so it's cluttering up the retail stores that accept the stuff. I ended up dumping some old POTF figs at TRU, which felt really weird because there are several "collectors" who work there.

Over the summer, Turbowars mentioned donating to Boys and Girls Club, and there is one in Burbank, so I might try that for my Phantom Menace collection this Xmas.

Craigslist

Have any of you guys used Craigslist to buy/sell SW stuff? I look at the ads and can't help but laugh at the overpriced collections that people are trying to sell, not to mention the sheer ignorance of what they are selling. I suppose it's better than paying ebay/shipping prices, but I'm not ready to go that route- yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Have any of you guys used Craigslist to buy/sell SW stuff? I look at the ads and can't help but laugh at the overpriced collections that people are trying to sell, not to mention the sheer ignorance of what they are selling. I suppose it's better than paying ebay/shipping prices, but I'm not ready to go that route- yet.

but you are ready to come down to the fantastic sale this Sat. yeah?

Sorry but no, there's nothing "old" that I want, in fact I am purging the very same items as we speak. From the looks of the RS classifieds, many collectors are dumping the early "modern" lines.

Speck, you're welcome to come down & join us. Just call eric up - i'm sure he wouldn't mind. Just bring yourself a table & change & u should be good to go. Sidenote: I don't have any stuff pre-ROTS to sell personally.

Thanks for the offer- but I sell my stuff online or to locals. I just don't have time to spend at a garage sale type of thing. I know this is an L.A. Just Found forum, but I stick strictly to the Burbank-adjacent areas.

no prob. There'll probably be another sale in Dec. too. I don't like the distance much either myself, but I could definitely use the free space in my apt. & $. I hope we can garner a crowd that is sick of the local scalpers.

This is an unusual find to post, but maybe it's a sign of the times. At Baldwin Park Target, I bought a $500 Dyson vacuum cleaner on clearance for $124.75. I wasn't necessarily shopping for a vacuum, but I saw that they were 30% off last week at another Target. I went to that section to see if they had gone dow any lower. Sure enough. I've wanted one since I saw their commercial years ago, but refused to pay as much as a television set for one. I figured I'd get one when I bought a house. But who's to say when that will happen now?

Also, Baldwin Park WM had several Gunships. I picked one up and some guy there bought 3 at once.

Burbank Target had some stuff; haven't been in nearly a week! There was a Cody, Odd Ball, and Ahsoka for SW... paint on Odd Ball's helmet & Ahsoka's head was horrible. Skipped Cody, waiting for a slightly better one (picky picky picky)

Some Red Hulk Legends, everything BUT Spiral, of course, so I picked up Warlock, yellow Wolvie, and Silver Savage. Gonna wait on Spidey until after I get Spiral, or just try to buy the arm elsewhere.