Page 596 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606646696 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 10330
    I loved everything in BB and TDK, except the leading ladies. The only thing I didn't like was how the batmobile turned into a motorcycle. TDK was about acting, music and story: gadgets and vehicles didn't interest me at all, and I didn't miss them. Too bad I couldn't say the same thing for Quantum of Solace.

I'm gradually whittling down my old figure collection, and am cutting my loose army by 1/3. Next up is prequel vehicles, and Cars die-cast: those have got to go.

I'm sad that Indy 4 sucked, because there really weren't any stand-out must-have Indy statues this year- IMO. Think I'll get the Noble Collection medallion, and maybe seek out one of those really nice prop-replica golden idols, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The voice thing in TDK was because Christian Bale forgot how he did the voice in BB, it's an unusual growl and he couldn't remember how to replicate it.

couldn't remember how he did the voice in the biggest movie series of his career?? He's constantly changing his accents and deceiving people -expert in that. But he can't redo the BB voice?? Was that the reason he stated? Gimme a break. extra weak

speck - the batmobile for this new series really has nothing to do with the classic/old school ride -completely new and different military vehicle. The tumbler. Following this train of thought - it doesn't really turn into a 'motorcycle' - rather an escape pod/vehicle for the tumbler = the batpod. I thought this was one of the coolest parts of the movie. I mean it was hit with a tankbusting rocket launcher for godsakes!!
    Last edited by bikerscout; 12-22-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: tdk

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    couldn't remember how he did the voice in the biggest movie series of his career?? He's constantly changing his accents and deceiving people -expert in that. But he can't redo the BB voice?? Was that the reason he stated? Gimme a break. extra weak
    That was the problem, since he filmed BB, he's done so many new accents and voice styles that he lost his Batman, which if you think about it, he didn't use all that much in the film. I've had a few voices I worked on for a little while that I lost in time as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That was the problem, since he filmed BB, he's done so many new accents and voice styles that he lost his Batman, which if you think about it, he didn't use all that much in the film. I've had a few voices I worked on for a little while that I lost in time as well.

i'm not a voice actor or talent but I'll take your word for it - no pun intended

I think just seeing Christian Bale be himself in the Batman costume and as Bruce would have been fine.

Back on topic: when I bought those Karrde / Thrawn comic packs, I'd actually forgotten that I'd ordered them from Hasbro Toy Shop.

Well I got my package from HTS with my receipt that said it included 2 Karrde / Thrawn packs, but they sent me 2 Leia / Xizor packs!
    I'm just going to return them and ask for my money back. I'll keep the Quinlan / Faie set that I got, though I'll probably offer Faie up for trade as a single. I haven't decided yet.

I can still work the same deal with Bikerscout, but due to Christmas, I haven't done anything about that. So Biker - PM me and we'll get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think just seeing Christian Bale be himself in the Batman costume and as Bruce would have been fine.

Back on topic: when I bought those Karrde / Thrawn comic packs, I'd actually forgotten that I'd ordered them from Hasbro Toy Shop.

Well I got my package from HTS with my receipt that said it included 2 Karrde / Thrawn packs, but they sent me 2 Leia / Xizor packs!
    I'm just going to return them and ask for my money back. I'll keep the Quinlan / Faie set that I got, though I'll probably offer Faie up for trade as a single. I haven't decided yet.

I can still work the same deal with Bikerscout, but due to Christmas, I haven't done anything about that. So Biker - PM me and we'll get started.
    I had a problem with my order, too. I ordered the latest wave of TF Univ. Classics and got everything EXCEPT they sent me two Starscreams instead of Cyclonus. They refunded me my money, though, and let me keep the extra Starscream (since they are now out of stock on Cyclonus) so I'm not too mad. I'm giving Screamer to a friend for the Holiday. Though... I was really looking forward to Cyclonus.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Honestly, the intensity he brought to the scene with him and Flass, and the "gotta make sure Rachel doesn't know who I am" voice on the subway stairs, those voices really did make a huge impact as the character, they are almost as much a part of movie Batman for me as the costume, and it's a shame that they weren't part of The Dark Knight. But Batman himself was probably the weakest point of the film for me anyway, so it's not a huge loss IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This hobby has several unique words and phrases to describe aspects of it: scalpers, hot wheelers, etc. and of these terms, swapper is the subject of my little tale. I've noticed what may be a new low to this form of thievery. While at Pico Rivera WM and Target this weekend, I noticed that both stores had DC Direct figures. I had seen this before, but never bothered to pick a figure up to see what it cost. They rang up at just over $11, but they did not come up as figures or anything related. I checked the UPC code, which was a sticker covering up the preprinted code on the card. Then it dawned on me that maybe UPC codes may be being swapped too. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also over the weekend, at ER Target, I saw the latest wave of Saga Legends/Greatest Hits or whatever they're called these days. A couple of collectors got there before me, but neither of them had the Snowtrooper, which is probably the only one I'd buy a few of. The rest of the figures were there when I left.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I checked the UPC code, which was a sticker covering up the preprinted code on the card. Then it dawned on me that maybe UPC codes are being swapped too. Has anyone else noticed this?
    I don't think there was anything "bad" going on here. I think the sticker is legit. Since the printed UPC is for direct sales (comic shop), another UPC was probably needed for retail. $11 is also cheaper than direct sales, which is about $15.