Page 597 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 97497547587593594595596597598599600601607647697 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 10380
    WM Porter Ranch had comic packs Thrawn & Talon Karrde, and Leia & Xizor. They also had Transformers Universe Cheetor & Hound, whom I bought at the low, low price of $7.77 a piece.

TRU Porter Ranch had the Diamond Select quarter-scale Darth Maul. This thing looks really poor in the packaging, the front of the box is ultra plain and the figure disappears in his black outer cloak. His try-me is just 1 quiet line of dialogue sampled from the film, not even a master version.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    WM Porter Ranch had comic packs Thrawn & Talon Karrde, and Leia & Xizor. They also had Transformers Universe Cheetor & Hound, whom I bought at the low, low price of $7.77 a piece.

TRU Porter Ranch had the Diamond Select quarter-scale Darth Maul. This thing looks really poor in the packaging, the front of the box is ultra plain and the figure disappears in his black outer cloak. His try-me is just 1 quiet line of dialogue sampled from the film, not even a master version.
    Saw Maul 1/4 scale in person at Cornerstore comics in Anaheim yesterday. It was a sample and they said they would get them in Friday. Then saw them at a nearby TRU. Cheaper at the comic shop though. (79.99 at TRU).
    In person it was pretty heavy and nicely done. The saber is magnetic to make a damaged one. Clothing isn't too bad, and considering how other prices have gone up, it's pretty good. Haven't bought many 90 dollar sideshow lately. Compared to the Sideshow premium format, which the comic shop had on display, is looks toy-ish. But I might bite on it.
    I have a few Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie 1/4 scale figures from years back I got cheap at Spencer's Gifts in order to customize some Star Wars. The new ones are the same body, so I will get a couple. Old Obi Wan for sure!
    Picked up the Bust up 3 packs finally at TRU though. Wanted to support them at retail so GG will continue the line.

HasbroCode

Does any one know of any HTS codes right now. Holiday25 is no good.

The 1/4 from DST is really toy-styled though, paint and sculpting and hands and accessories are all more "Hasbro" than "Sideshow". For $80, that's ridiculous IMO. I'm balking at Sideshow for that price, and they're delivering significant improvements in all those areas, not to mention better tailoring, without a generic body that doesn't fit the scale for short characters like Maul.

BTW, that same TRU had the new Battlestar Galactica figures, specifically Lee Adama, a Cylon, and Starbuck in flight suit. Starbuck's likeness is sorta there, but I don't see it on Lee at all. Lee and the Cylon were sporting silver TRU-exclusive stickers on the bubble. $13 a pop was too rich for my blood. Maybe 2 years ago I would have pulled that trigger, but now I'm much more selective.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just thought I would let you guys know some little Burbank news...

TRU is moving into where Linens and Things was in the Empire Center and next door where Shoe Pavilion was is going to be a Baby's R Us.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyB View Post

TRU is moving into where Linens and Things was in the Empire Center and next door where Shoe Pavilion was is going to be a Baby's R Us.
    The same Empire Center with the Target?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Wow, one stop shopping for Plumber Bob and Hootie!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyB View Post

Great news! Well, except that TRU is like 1 minute or less away from my house right now and when they move it'll be like 5 minutes.

hopefully that move helps out collectors more than scalpers.

Joe freaks: LF TRU had two cobra bazooka troopers and 3 or so Paravipers. They also had a Resolute duke. Pretty cool. Too bad no wraiths.

Saw the 1/4 scale Maul. Looked ok, even though Maul was listed at 1.75 meters tall. He's not that tall is he? I remember my Anakin character key said he was 1.83 m. Maul as tall as Anakin? aaa not quite. A 1/4 Qui-gonn would be cool.