Page 633 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 10330
    That dude is a Douche Bag. I find it amazing he is still in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    I had a bad experience 3 weeks ago: The a-hole owner from Blast from the @$$ had told me that the Iron Man Hot Toys figures were going to be $160 + tax at his store. Well, when he finally got them, he changed his mind to $200 saying that only the preordered ones were $160 (This, on the very day he had received them). I argued with him that he never mentioned that to me, otherwise I would've put some money down as preorder. He accepted that he never mentioned it, but his justification was that they were going for much more on ebay. He proceeded to show me on his computer the completed auctions and to his amazement, they were going for $150-$160 still. The look on his face was priceless (Imbecile!) He then said: "Well, it's a figure that if I hold on to it for 6 months, it'll be worth a lot of money". What a fu$%ing, fat LOSER!!! To do that to your customers...... arrrggghhhh.... it's the worst thing you can do for your business. I had been buying all of my Hot Toys figures from him in the last 4 years. I'm NEVER buying anything from that place again!!! (I used to buy from him just to support a local business and because it's nice to have a collectibles shop close to my house)

Anyway, I found my Iron Man somewhere else for less than 160 and no tax.

E.
    Charming, seems like the kind of guy who should be beaten severely.

Where did you get it at that price? I may have to sell something and get it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Charming, seems like the kind of guy who should be beaten severely.

Where did you get it at that price? I may have to sell something and get it.
    Try DJ's Universal Comics on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City. The owner, Kat, is the complete opposite of the Blast from the @$$ loser owner. Unfortunately, at Frank & Son's, the prices have increased at least $180.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Try DJ's Universal Comics on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City. The owner, Kat, is the complete opposite of the Blast from the @$$ loser owner. Unfortunately, at Frank & Son's, the prices have increased at least $180.
    Thanks.

I've totally given up on F&S.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That guy Kat at DJ's Comics ripped me and Turbo off a few times. He also ripped off Reefer Shark (remember him?). He is a con artist like all the rest - trust me.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    That guy Kat at DJ's Comics ripped me and Turbo off a few times. He also ripped off Reefer Shark (remember him?). He is a con artist like all the rest - trust me.

-Snags
    Ah man, sorry to hear that. That's strange. I've had a good experience so far dealing with him. He's sold me stuff below retail price and he doesn't put stuff away to sell later at a higher price to his customers. He's told me he never likes doing that and that's why he rather sell only newly released merchandise.
    The problem with small shops is that they treat everyone differently. While they give good prices to some, they want to screw and make it up with the rest of us customers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post

-Snags
    That has to be another person because I also have had nothing but a great experience with Kat... He runs one of the best Comic Shops and is one of the nicest people out there.

But on the other hand Larry at blast from the past has become a crook.. but he has a very poor business model... be buys his stock mostly from F & S... he doesn't scalp at all from the local stores so that's the reason for his very high prices... but yes he does get his SS and Hot Toys from SS Distribution and Hikes the prices as the secondary market goes up making him a crook.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyB View Post
    That has to be another person because I also have had nothing but a great experience with Kat... He runs one of the best Comic Shops and is one of the nicest people out there.

But on the other hand Larry at blast from the past has become a crook.. but he has a very poor business model... be buys his stock mostly from F & S... he doesn't scalp at all from the local stores so that's the reason for his very high prices... but yes he does get his SS and Hot Toys from SS Distribution and Hikes the prices as the secondary market goes up making him a crook.
    He does scalp from local stores, just not in Burbank. I saw him at one time at the Target in Canoga. He was surprised that I saw him there and told me that I had discovered his secret store where he always found good stuff.

I was a friend of Larry's I guess way before he had that store... used to be a nice guy... I guess owning a "Collectibles Store" really changes ya...

Kat is a FN A-hole! All 3 of us bought all our GG stuff from him. So when the ROTS busts came out he told us he would take care of us like he always had. Well when his cases came in he told me he was keeping one for the SDCC and the other was only to be bought as a case only. He told me Blussnags had 1st dibs them Shark them me. Then he said I could have it if I paid right then and there in cash. I said I wonder what my buddy Snags would say to your offer. I basically told him to Fu-k off. So in return he lost 3 very good customers. Birds of a feather flock together don't they loyal DJ comic fans.......... Oh I don't mean you Ed.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)